TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Maybe?

That thing is not long for this world though. It's so ridiculously unpopular. I'm sure they're just using up the mountain of spare parts they got from removing every other top spin in the chain and then they'll finally remove it.

Edited by coasterbill

Maybe I've gotten lucky, but my rides on Cyborg have flipped from start to finish. I didn't get those rides with endless rocking I see others talk about.

Same here. Although I rode Harley Quinn at SFOT, not Cyborg. I think the tops spins are more intense, but Harley Quinn was more disorienting and less painful!

Stop removing stuff...

I'm sure there are reasons. I'm also sure they did what they could to keep said attractions, especially in the case of Volcano. Rides get old. They become increasingly difficult to maintain, especially when the company no longer exists and you can't get parts for them anymore (as was the case with The Crypt). It would have been better had there been a replacement on hand, but in the case of these 2, there was none, due to it not being planned for.

Stop removing stuff...

I'm sure there are reasons. I'm also sure they did what they could to keep said attractions, especially in the case of Volcano. Rides get old. They become increasingly difficult to maintain, especially when the company no longer exists and you can't get parts for them anymore (as was the case with The Crypt). It would have been better had there been a replacement on hand, but in the case of these 2, there was none, due to it not being planned for.

Um, Huss still exists and still manufacturers the Top Spin. I'm sure they could get parts if they wanted to.

Can I just say how awful the Monster Jam themed wing coaster going around looks? That can't be real. (The theming that is. I believe the coaster is real.)

Wait... What? I must have missed something here. . .

A potential concept revealed at 2018 IAAPA.

IAAPA_Grave-Digger-Monster-Jam-Coaster-620x349.jpg.4e30cd353f5bfc68dfc1c0b83f3dad33.jpg

Yeah, um, I don't think that will happen. How would the train even articulate?

Kings Dominion did tease something "lurking in the jungle," and some signage has indicated a safari theme. I think that is the storyline they will go for.

Cedar Fair has made some great decisions recently with theme and incorporating new coasters into existing areas very well (HangTime, Railblazer, Copperhead Strike, and Yukon Striker are some examples). I cannot see them doing something like pictured above...

A potential concept revealed at 2018 IAAPA.iaapa_grave-digger-monster-jam-coaster-620x349.jpg

Oh god... Please... no.

I was expecting this reaction in every CF park forum who has hosted this Monster Jam event in 2019 and will be hosting it in 2020. To save on reaction redundancy, here are the parks:

Cedar Point

Kings Dominion

Dorney Park

Carowinds

Valley Fair

As others have stated, KD seems to want to stick to a "Jungle" theme, so I am not feeling the vibes for a "Monster Truck" coaster. Course, at this point in time, we don't know what is going in that area. Hang Tight.