TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I say tear it down and put in something EPIC. Anaconda may have a cult following/favoritism, but it just sucks (in my opinion). I'd rather see them take it down and get something better like an RMC T-Rex or a launched winged coaster even! that's a big space and they could definitely put something major over that lake. That's just my thoughts though.

Agreed!! I think a T-Rex coaster would be amazing in Anaconda's place. Hell, they could tear it down and put nothing in it's place and it would still be an improvement!

Yep.....Still trying to figure out why people think this rides rough.

Maybe because it is?? -- I mean, it is not nearly as rough as Vortex at Kings Dominion, however still really freaking rough. The majority of the ride I spent in the "brace" position trying not to be beat to death. Not to mention that the layout was nothing amazing, but it sure is a beautiful coaster to look at.

Apparently flight of fear, i305, and twisted timbers will have fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo. $2 for the first hour and $1 for every hour afterwards.

And this is a bad thing??

Apparently flight of fear, i305, and twisted timbers will have fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo. $2 for the first hour and $1 for every hour afterwards.

And this is a bad thing??

I didn’t say it was, just sharing what’s new in 2018, that’s all.

IF they ever do junk Anaconda . . . why not a B&M Dive Coaster . . . (diving into the lake is awesome)?

And good with the fluffy bunnies . . . . the less time people spend putting their stuff down . . . the QUICKER a dispatch can happen

IF they ever do junk Anaconda . . . why not a B&M Dive Coaster . . . (diving into the lake is awesome)?

And good with the fluffy bunnies . . . . the less time people spend putting their stuff down . . . the QUICKER a dispatch can happen

I'm pretty sure BGW has an exclusivity deal that basically says KD can't get an Original B&M coaster.

I'm pretty sure BGW has an exclusivity deal that basically says KD can't get an Original B&M coaster.

[attachment=0]brit.gif[/attachment]

I'm just stating what I was told in this thread about a year ago.

"I read it on the internet, therefore it is true."

There are 3 B&M Dive coasters in the US. One is about an hour SE of Kings Dominion. That would be an unwise investment no matter how tall or differing the layout may be. If anything, a Wing Coaster (launched or not) could work seeing as there are none nearby. That is unless that's something BGW is working on in the next few years. I could see a B&M Invert or Hyper show up before a Dive...ever. As far as exclusivity? Some say it's 10 years, some say eternity. Then there are those who say # of years before a similar model. I don't think anyone here knows the 100% true answer.

Just bought my kids' BAF tickets for our trip to KD on April 22! Can't wait to get back to the park for the first time since 2002, and also can't wait for TT!

One question I have for the regulars, is whether you can bring in non-Platinum Pass guests at KD with your PP, for early entry? I know Carowinds specifically says you cannot, which is different than how it's always been at Cedar Point, where your entire group can get in early with a PP holder. I'm hoping KD is more sensible about it, al-la CP, so that I can get in early with my kiddos!

I'm pretty sure there is an exclusivity deal for B&M's (given or sold to) between parks where they can't have the same type of ride within 300 miles. I have read in a few places and it makes sense when you look at what types of rides neighboring parks have. I'm not saying that's true, but again, it makes sense. I just don't want to start a whole discussion on it. Dominion could always get a coaster like Hangtime for a dive. That would be a good fit for that park.

B&M doesn't build but so many coasters a year, used to be 4, and they are a little choosy. There doesn't have to be an official exclusivity deal for the them to limit how much they compete with themselves.

I'm pretty sure there is an exclusivity deal for B&M's (given or sold to) between parks where they can't have the same type of ride within 300 miles. I have read in a few places and it makes sense when you look at what types of rides neighboring parks have. I'm not saying that's true, but again, it makes sense. I just don't want to start a whole discussion on it. Dominion could always get a coaster like Hangtime for a dive. That would be a good fit for that park.

Use to be an exclusivity deal with BGW and B&M from 2007-2017... It's a possibility that KD could be a fit for a future B&M, but they usually prefer to not build similar rides to that of BGW.

I think it has much less to do with an “exclusivity clause” and much more to do with parks that are in close proximity not wanting rides that are too similar to each other. But even still, there are plenty of exceptions. Another one being SFMM and KBF only 60ish miles apart, each having B&M inverts. I mean why would B&M want to intentionally limit their sales like that?

Has this ever been confirmed by any reputable source ever? I've heard it a million times, but the source is always "the internet". Asking for a friend.

Only know this info from the time I work at KD. Know a few of the maintenance staff still to this day. It was a few of them who first told me that. Now granted...I also heard from them that KD had the choice between i305 and B&M Intimidator, which would had been within the exclusivity time period..... So... Just telling y'all what I heard.

Only thing I have ever read was when Cedar Point built Raptor no other park within 300 miles could build another invert.

Wasn't it a B&M exclusivity, not an invert exclusivity, therefore why Canada's Wonderland got saddled with an SLC?