TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I may be in the minority but if I cant put it in my cargo pockets, I don't bring it to the park. Half the time I don't even bring my phone in. I'm there to have fun, escape the outside world. If I need to haul a lot of stuff in the park with me then I just don't go?

Gotta love when cheap asses sign up just to complain about lock3r policies.

"I'm not willing to pay a dollar to have my stuff stored safely but I'll happily spend money on unlimited soda that's slowly killing me!"

GTFOH.

Shut up. Going to a theme park is expensive to begin with. Who are you to decide that everyone should have to pay for freaking lokcers?

"I'm not willing to pay a dollar to have my stuff stored safely but I'll happily spend money on unlimited soda that's slowly killing me!"

GTFOH.

Shut up. Going to a theme park is expensive to begin with. Who are you to decide that everyone should have to pay for freaking lokcers?

Or you could just leave all your crap in the car so you never need a locker or cubbie at all.

giphy.gif

If paying $1.00 for a locker is going to break the bank... You probably don't need to be going to theme parks. Save that money and use it on something more responsible.

---------------------------------------------------

I got a bad enough concussion on one ride of Anaconda I didn't feel right for 3 days. I still have hip problems from RY 2008 and Grizzly 2009. I also nearly broke my nose on the log flume. I never had any such problems due to Hurler or Shockwave.

If you got a concussion from ridding a roller coaster, as well as hip problems from roller coasters, and almost broke your nose on a log flume... I'd say:

1.) You are riding these rides wrong.

2.) You need to find a new hobby.

I may be in the minority but if I cant put it in my cargo pockets, I don't bring it to the park. Half the time I don't even bring my phone in. I'm there to have fun, escape the outside world. If I need to haul a lot of stuff in the park with me then I just don't go?

GTFOH.

I'm not going to tolerate someone telling another one of our members to "shut up." Banned from our page forever.

Oh, and yeah, if you're going to bring a load of crap into the park and complain about having to store it, you're an idiot. The parks aren't there to hang on to your crap while you go have fun. And if that's the kind of service you need to have fun at a park, you can PAY for that service!!!

Edited by robbalvey

Also, I love all the people trying to get around the word censor because it just makes us add more variations to our word censor! fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo will always be fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo. Deal with it, fudgers!

And this is one of those little things that makes TPR so awesome!!

I know I always chuckle when lockers comes up!

Darn, banned before he could even answer my question about what the heck he needs stored all day other than his drink cup, lol. Oh well, I think we're definitely better off...

Anyway, back to KD. That aerial footage is nice, but kind of sketchy as others mentioned based on his weird comments in the beginning. Really looking forward to this ride, even though it probably won't be this year for me

Edited by anonymouscactus

Also, I love all the people trying to get around the word censor because it just makes us add more variations to our word censor! fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo will always be fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo. Deal with it, fudgers!

I love the word censors. I have no idea why I attempted that. Love you guys, never change.

I was really against charging people to store their items in lockers when SF first launched it at their parks. But in this day of idiocracy, it now makes perfect sense and I have no problem with it at all. We are now being forced upon rules that will try and protect us from our countries dumb-asses - sad, but true.

I never try to bring anything into parks with me other than my wallet, keys and camera/case (which goes through my belt/belt loop). Car keys go into my golf shorts, which have a zippered pocket...love me some zippered pockets.

With regards to Anaconda, Michael's granddaughter summed it up the best when I rode it with her a few years ago (she was 8 at the time)...

"Owww...that ride hurt my head - that ride is stupid."

I got a bad enough concussion on one ride of Anaconda I didn't feel right for 3 days. I still have hip problems from RY 2008 and Grizzly 2009. I also nearly broke my nose on the log flume. I never had any such problems due to Hurler or Shockwave.

If you got a concussion from ridding a roller coaster, as well as hip problems from roller coasters, and almost broke your nose on a log flume... I'd say:

1.) You are riding these rides wrong.

2.) You need to find a new hobby.

I guess I'll defend myself, although should probably just call you a name.

No, it's how bad those rides are or were. I probably did ride a wheel seat, but that's not technically wrong. Paramount had really let the woodies go ... and Hurler at that time was the best of the 3, or I knew to be more cautious about it. Anaconda can really slam your head and they stuck me in row 5 or 7 due to me using Wednesday Walk On or whatever they called that. I went back and learned to ride RY in its 2008 form before they started retracking it-- after a two month hiatus. Still ride Anaconda -- in certain rows. Grizzly I started religiously avoiding wheel seats.

The cause of my accident on the log flume still hasn't been fixed but I didn't complain about it. Those metal handrails get very slick and there is nothing to prevent your hands from slipping off the front end. The log may have dug in more as well. I never go down the drop without my hands behind the mounts anymore.

95% of the people on this board would have just started saying these rides suck, burn them down. Many do. Maybe they had a similar experience on Hurler and Shockwave. I didn't and wouldn't.

And this is one of those little things that makes TPR so awesome!!

I know I always chuckle when fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo comes up!

what makes me giggle is when I'm talking about an awesome burger with a side of deep fried onion in a trip report and it comes up "rings"

LOL

The cause of my accident on the log flume still hasn't been fixed but I didn't complain about it. Those metal handrails get very slick and there is nothing to prevent your hands from slipping off the front end. The log may have dug in more as well. I never go down the drop without my hands behind the mounts anymore.

Every log ride I've been on has some sort of notches for your feet to brace yourself. I never rely on those slick metal handrails for bracing, ever. Those injuries are unfortunate, but it sounds like you're just letting yourself flail around on these rides. For me personally, if I don't at least ride a little bit defensively on the ones you named, I'm going to have a really bad time.

What about refillable cups? What about other stuff you may need to carry in a bag?

If someone buys a refillable cup instead of the Cedar Fair drink plan with paper cups for the same price then they deserve to pay extra because they're stupid.

This is an entirely avoidable charge. It's been commonplace at a ton of Cedar Fair parks for years (decades even). Why the sudden outrage? It's not like it's the Great Adventure policy. It's entirely reasonable.

I love the paper cup drink plan and I wish six flags would do the same. I don't drink a ton of soda as it is so being able to just get a small cup of soda or whatever other drink I want without having to carry around that huge souvenir cup is worth it to me.

There is no reason anyone should be drinking that much soda a day anyway, we all know it's terrible for us but I will say I do understand it for the families that share 1 souvenir cup amongst themselves.

I am also a huge fan of the paper cup drink plan for Cedar Fair. It’s SO nice not to carry around that refillable cup all the time. I also try my best to not be wasteful, so if I were to get two drinks in a row (when eating a meal), I always reuse the same cup.

I really wish Six Flags would do the same.

Well, this was fun to read...

Credit where credit is due, most Six Flags parks now have "full day" fluffy bunny prices, so the "I DON'T WANNA PAY A DOLLAR EACH TIME!" argument has further just been proven to be stupid and short sighted.

Also, I'm laughing at the people who come here just to be stupid, subsequently banned, and then go to Twitter posting "TPR must end." As if people outside the roller coaster community actually give a f**k!

What's the origin of fluffy bunny, etc etc anyway?

Ever since I've been going to amusement parks, it's always been about efficiency for me. I put it out of my mind to bring anything I can't put in my pockets. And I've traditionally worn cargo shorts - fashion be damned!