TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I quick repaint of the station and you could make it look like a barn.

Does ivy grow on sheet metal like that? I can only really think I've seen it grow against wood and brick. I guess you could nail some wooden lattice and get ivy to grow up that. It would look great! lol

Wow. They're really going all out with the theme on this ride.

I mean... so far they made a sign that says the name of the ride in plain, Helvetica font and out it on the roof of a rectangular metal building.

Look at the bottom left of the FB picture... they're building a pretty substantial faux-brick entrance there, and apparently some covered structures in that pavilion area as well. All indicators point to some pretty good theme elements, although I sincerely hope that the "covered pavilion structure" isn't cover for KD's first fluffy bunny rental location, and that fluffy bunnies will continue to live in freedom on ride platforms ( ). Otherwise, two thumbs up so far!

It seems that the first cycle has been taken?

We can confirm that Twisted Timbers’ Blue Train has been “pushed” over the hill at least 4 times and has been successful in making a complete circuit.

Full scale testing will begin as soon as sensors are added and online to allow two train dispatch.

#TT #gettwisted #kdfanatics

Kings Dominion Fanatics on Facebook

But the 'W' looks weird with vertical lines, rather than angled ones, like in this picture:

I was gonna say something, but didn't bother 'cuz it doesn't bother me--the W is totally an upside-down M. Design choice or...?

EXACTLY. . to my eye, it looks like the placement is off.

The Art Director in me (I have a degree from University of Texas), totally thinks that the "Twisted" needs to be shifted to the right a bit. . so that the bottom of the "T" will line up with the "I" in Timbers.

what that would accomplish is make the "W" in Twisted, mirror the "M" in Timbers. .and be much more pleasing to the eye.

that the W & the M look so similar, makes me wonder if that was the original intention?

But the 'W' looks weird with vertical lines, rather than angled ones, like in this picture:

I was gonna say something, but didn't bother 'cuz it doesn't bother me--the W is totally an upside-down M. Design choice or...?

that's got to be a bad design choice, or the sign company mistake and trying to pass it off without correcting it, imo.

Wow. They're really going all out with the theme on this ride.

I mean... so far they made a sign that says the name of the ride in plain, Helvetica font and out it on the roof of a rectangular metal building.

Look at the bottom left of the FB picture... they're building a pretty substantial faux-brick entrance there, and apparently some covered structures in that pavilion area as well.

Thank you, that's what I was referring to. The station is still a bit of an eyesore but from what I can see, the new entrance looks great.