TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Okay, I super love Apple Zapple. That is awesome. As for Racer 75....eh, not in love with it. I do heartily approve of the de-Confederatizing of everything, especially near the Confederate capital. Loving Dolly Parton's Stampede too. So the answer is 152 years to the question "How long will it take the South to realize they lost?"

• Like 1

The names are okay... not really a fan of racer 75... but I'll get used to it. Sad the cheesesteaks are gone for a mac and cheese bar, but again... that's just me. You folks local to Dominion are very lucky to have such a nice park. The pavers are going to be really nice for you. Our Coney Mall at Kings Island was redone a few years ago.

Okay....here is my take on this. We can get rid of the Rebel Yell name, but let's get rid of Kwanzaa as well (due to crime in

black neighborhoods). If one group can't have its heritage, nobody can. This is only fair. Let us get rid of the AmeriKan flag at while we are at it. What the country has become is offensive to me. Snowflakes run everything. Snowflakes have given the country away. Understand that my comments come from someone who is from the north and who is proud that Ohio fought on the side against the confederate army. With that being said, there were no real winners as the result of the Civil War. God Bless Johnny Rebel.

By the way-I love the name Apple Zapple for a family coaster. It shows some creativity. Racer 75 is offensive and makes me want to vomit. Losing the Rebel Yell name because of its connections to the south is like banning Kwanzaa due to crime in black neighborhoods. I hope people get the point of what I am saying. Nothing is perfect.

Okay....here is my take on this. We can get rid of the Rebel Yell name, but let's get rid of Kwanzaa as well (due to crime in

black neighborhoods). If one group can't have its heritage, nobody can. This is only fair. Let us get rid of the AmeriKan flag at while we are at it. What the country has become is offensive to me. Snowflakes run everything. Snowflakes have given the country away. Understand that my comments come from someone who is from the north and who is proud that Ohio fought on the side against the confederate army. With that being said, there were no real winners as the result of the Civil War. God Bless Johnny Rebel.

Are you drunk?

I am not drunk. I am just stating a sad truth. As a country, AmeriKa has had it so easy that we have to invent things to be offended about. I have visited the south many times and I can tell you that southerners (both white and black) have a lot to be proud of. Heritage is heritage PERIOD. There was also other causes the south was fighting for besides slavery. We also can't support anything without it being connected to something screwed up somehow.

I am not drunk. I am just stating a sad truth. As a country, AmeriKa has had it so easy that we have to invent things to be offended about. I have visited the south many times and I can tell you that southerners (both white and black) have a lot to be proud of. Heritage is heritage PERIOD. There was also other causes the south was fighting for besides slavery. We also can't support anything without it being connected to something screwed up somehow.

Okay you have an opinion and that’s whatever but most of the people on this website come to this website to discuss roller coasters and theme parks not heritage and politics.

I think you're referring to a massive propaganda movement known as The Lost Cause.

Am I the only one who never really cares about the name of things and more about the experience itself when I visit a park? They could rename every future RMC just the rollercoaster. At the end of the day when you take things like the experience of the ride or the theming of a ride or lack thereof, the name pretty much has the least effect out of those

Even if the reason for removing is wanting to be more PC it’s pretty inconsequential in the end. How many people really stop and discuss the name in detail over the actual rides.

Edited by Garet

Apple Zapple reminds me of the (stopped) campaign in the 1980s to use food irradiation on apples. Supposedly to kill moths, it was also destructive to vitamins, created carcinogens and the idea of exposing foods to high levels of ionizing radiation from nuclear waste was not popular.

I'd name it "Wild Mouse Number One" but I'm unlikely to be asked …