TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Very impressive layout! I like that they kept a couple of "bigger hills" on the stretch after the first turn, making the ride a good combination of sustained airtime and lots of short bursts of airtime.

I can now die happy. This baby looks a-ma-zing.

At least wait until you have ridden it first!

Was anything said about Winterfest other than that there will be one in 2018?

I'm still very curious to know what coasters will be open for it. Did anyone catch anything about that? Did I just miss it?

^^ Just "some of your favorite rides" is what I've seen/heard. Similar to what KI is doing opening Mystic Timbers, I imagine it'll be most of International Street (perhaps Dominator), Planet Snoopy, Old Virginia (without water rides and Grizzly) and the southern end of Candy Apple Grove featuring rides like Twisted Timbers, the Carousel, Americana, etc.

KD's website has a photo of Americana/Carousel and the description reads "select rides and attractions will be open for family and friends to enjoy together (weather pending).

^^ Just "some of your favorite rides" is what I've seen/heard. Similar to what KI is doing opening Mystic Timbers, I imagine it'll be most of International Street (perhaps Dominator), Planet Snoopy, Old Virginia (without water rides and Grizzly) and the southern end of Candy Apple Grove featuring rides like Twisted Timbers, the Carousel, Americana, etc.

KD's website has a photo of Americana/Carousel and the description reads "select rides and attractions will be open for family and friends to enjoy together (weather pending).

KD's website describes the rides to be open as "family rides and attractions", so that probably quashes any hope of Winter Twisted Timbers or Winter I305. Regardless, WinterFest is a great addition!

Its a shame that I305 is unlikely to open purely due to its location so far from International Street and other areas that likely will be open for the event, as (while its an Intamin with a cable lift) I don't think they'd have to worry about it valleying due to cold weather - that thing hauls into the brake run. They could just turn off the trim on that first camelback if it was a worry.

Though I can't even begin to imagine what the cold air would feel like on your face going those speeds.

KD's website describes the rides to be open as "family rides and attractions", so that probably quashes any hope of Winter Twisted Timbers or Winter I305. Regardless, WinterFest is a great addition!

I305 never had a chance of running anyway because of it's location, but don't read too far into that. Worlds of Fun's site says the same thing and they're running Patriot and Spinning Dragons.

TT looks amazing! Almost reminds me of RMC's take on a Balder-type coaster. I just really hope with the new trains that it won't lose momentum like some of the other smaller RMC's (which is apparently only an issue randomly at different points of the season, regardless of weather). Either way this thing will have insane amounts of aurtime and is a perfect compliment to I305.

Edited by Nitro1118

The facebook comments on the parks official page make me want to jump out of a window. I get like the GP doesn't know or care what an RMC is but they really have no idea how good of a ride TT will likely be and they're just trashing it.

EDIT: Sorry! Just had to vent about that for a minute. Too many angry negative hateful people on social media. Need to remember Facebook comments are essentially poison to the mind.

The facebook comments on the parks official page make me want to jump out of a window. I get like the GP doesn't know or care what an RMC is but they really have no idea how good of a ride TT will likely be and they're just trashing it.

EDIT: Sorry! Just had to vent about that for a minute. Too many angry negative hateful people on social media. Need to remember Facebook comments are essentially poison to the mind.

I expected those comments.

Wow Twisted Timbers looks amazing! I think it will be nice to have more of an out-and-back style RMC with all those straight air-time hills for a change.

As cool as Steel Vengeance is, I'm also really excited for Twisted Timbers due to its fairly simple out-and-back layout with lots of bunny hills. Can't wait to get on TT and SV next year! My only two RMC coasters are Twisted Colossus and Lightning Rod and both were awesome so adding 2 more is gonna be a blast.

I thought my recent visit to KINGS DOMINION earlier this month would have been my last, but with the announcement of TWISTED TIMBERS has motivated me to lose some weight and get myself fit ( for the record I still have what it takes to ride, but only if I can fit into the restraints. I can still fit into the restraints for Intimidator 305 and Delirium and RMC coasters use lap restraints, but I want to lose twenty pounds so I can be positive I'll fit into all the seats. If I succeed I'll reward myself with a Platinum Pass!).

Besides the inversions, it's nice to see that they are keeping this coaster as a triple out-and back like the old Hurler was.