TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Storm Chaser blew me away. That and Wicked Cyclone are my only RMCs so I'm really glad to get more in this part of the country next year. I fully expect this to be my favorite ride at KD.

Speaking of Storm Chaser, I'm also leaning toward seeing an inverted drop here. Seems to be RMC's MO when they have a 180 turnaround at the top of the hill.

It would be cool if the inverted drop held you inverted longer down the drop... hence hangtime?

Cool idea! I've never been on an inverted first drop so I'm excited for it. Sometimes the smaller coasters kick just as much ass as the bigger ones... I'm looking at you, Maverick!

Any updates on volcano? I know it was down a few weeks ago and we are planning a trip down there on Tuesday...

Volcano was open on Wednesday. I rode it twice.

It's been open today if you plan to dodge rain showers. We rode it 3x today.

I visited Kings Dominion today for the first time. Volcano was open and running very well! I305 had some hiccups when we first arrived, but it ended up running smoothly in the evening. What an insane ride!

I caught some glimpses of RMC Hurler from Windseeker, Grizzly, Ricochet, and the ferris wheel. I'm not sure if this has been discussed or not, but all the ledgers are up for an extreme airtime hill just after the first turn, parallel with the lift hill. It looks fantastic. Can't wait for the announcement and layout reveal.

I'll be back at the park tomorrow for a full day. Like I said in the Carowinds thread, I'll be writing up a full trip report once my trip is over, but I have loved both parks so far. I don't want to come off as "advertising myself," but I'm really having a blast, and I'm sharing it on my Instagram stories if you want to follow along each day.

Unfortunately, my excitement for this RMC pales in comparison to my excitement for Mean Streak, but seeing recent photos I did get the impression that this would feature an inverted drop, or at least a very steep but short drop, with the potential for great airtime over the top. Storm Chaser absolutely blew us away as well, so I will withhold judgement of these smaller RMCs until I actually ride them.

Also, of the 6 I've been on, Joker may have my favorite drop (with Storm Chaser another great contender), albeit having one of the smaller drops.

Haha my thoughts exactly. But honestly at this point we really don't have any idea. I thought I'd throw it out there for kicks and giggles. I do expect the name, whatever it may be, to have some form of TT within its name and to be somewhat 'storm' or 'powerful force' related. I thought that 'Corvette' would be a pretty awesome name. Would fit with the drive-in theme already established. All they would need to do is retheme hurler to a garage of some sort. That name would fit all the criteria I listed above. But alas ROTTEN Apple sounds like something Kings Dominion would do...

Where do people come up with these crazy ideas? Do they just make it up as they go and state it as fact? If anything as far as the name for RMC Hurler goes being related to an apple, (and I'm not saying it will be) it will be Apple Turnover.

Sooooo....

This video claims the new name of the Hurler will be....

ROTTEN APPLE.

Wut?

All it took was to hear him say "...talked to ride supervisors from when he used to work there..." to know it's full of [you know what]. I seriously doubt they even know what the name will be yet.

If anything as far as the name for RMC Hurler goes being related to an apple, (and I'm not saying it will be) it will be Apple Turnover.

Bahahaha... that's what RMC should name the better/longer inverted drop element that I'm hoping for! It will be the Apple turnover!

Unfortunately, my excitement for this RMC pales in comparison to my excitement for Mean Streak, but seeing recent photos I did get the impression that this would feature an inverted drop, or at least a very steep but short drop, with the potential for great airtime over the top.

I think I anticipate RMC's Meanstreak more, but seeing what they've done with that only gets me more excited for Hurler. Whether Hurler has an inverted drop, a steep drop, or whatever else RMC comes up with, it looks like it'll get a good bit of speed from the initial drop off the lift.

Two things that these teasers have made me think:

Rattle the windows makes me think of a station fly-through. The station building for Hurler was pretty huge so maybe they will use some of that space to fly through, coming in and/or out of themed shattered windows.

And every time I see the "⊥T" it makes me think of the interlocking stalls on Twisted Colossus. I know it's extremely unlikely to see a similar element on this coaster since it's not racing but that is what I see when I look at the ⊥T.