TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I feel like a day in each park is worth it. KD is such a fun park - I LOVE their coaster collection as well they have lots of flat rides. I actually enjoy the water park there a lot but I LOVE water parks. I am weird and find BG as just okay. Don't get me wrong the park is one of the most beautiful I ever been to but I am more into the rides at parks and BG lacks in my opinion. The only coasters I find enjoyable there are Alphengiest and Loch Ness Monster. The rest are boring and unforgettable. I prefer the coasters at KD honestly. Water Country USA is definitely worth an entire day visit. They have some pretty awesome slides there.

I agree with alilstronger that BGW is possibly not the most memorable park if you're going mainly for thrills. It's a beautiful park, though. Griffon and Apollo's Chariot are my favorite coasters there and I personally find Verbolten a waste of time. Unpopular opinion on that last one but I stand by it.

Chrischucktown - make sure to ride Curse of DarKastle! Even with half the effects not working it's still a blast. Can anyone confirm if they've gotten things running better since the last time I was there 2 years ago? They have a great log flume that spritzes you so make sure to ride that too. It sounds like you ought to do a single day KD, BGW, and WCU. Please report back on how your trip went!

Thanks for all the advice! I have been a closeted enthusiast for years. Luckily I have been able to get to a ton of parks dragging along friends who aren't as obsessed as I am. Although I would prefer going to parks with people who get it. I wish there was a meetup group for this.

Here's all the current teasers:

6/20: 816. Just remember... things aren't always what they seem.

6/27: 20. BE⊥TER than 4.

7/4: 3. BE⊥TER than none.

7/11: 28. Makes it BE⊥TER.

7/18: The force RA⊥TLED the windows.

7/25: It left everything TA⊥TERED and torn in its wake.

Did anyone else find KD teasing this is as the "biggest announcement ever" interesting. RMC Hurler bigger than I-305? Don't see that as bigger unless they are announcing something else with RMC Hurler on the 16th.

Couple new photos making the FB rounds.

kings1.jpg.51a02cee8ab006199379efe9f2af1f8d.jpg

kings2.jpg.a6fa7191f6a234b64682eb9b794b870f.jpg

Certainly looks like this is shaping up to be a Storm Chaser/Medusa style drop. Personally I hope its just a banked turnaround into a slight pop and down a steep straight down/near vertical drop. I guess we'll know soon.

Personally I hope its just a banked turnaround into a slight pop and down a steep straight down/near vertical drop. I guess we'll know soon.

This is what I'd like to see, although a Storm Chaser/Medusa style drop would still be awesome.

Certainly looks like this is shaping up to be a Storm Chaser/Medusa style drop. Personally I hope its just a banked turnaround into a slight pop and down a steep straight down/near vertical drop. I guess we'll know soon.

I will be very surprise if it's not a Medusa style drop. Personally I would prefer the same as you, a straight drop, but I guess a drop with an inversion is more marketable to the GP.

I'm very curious to see what they will do with the rest of the ride, if they will stick to the straight track/180 degree turn layout, or if they will go a different route. I guess the former if the most probable.