TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Yeah I'm definitely pushing my return to KD back to next year. Can't wait for this thing, especially after finally riding Wicked Cyclone. Like I said after that - "What a time to be alive!"

I still can't believe this is really happening. An RMC and Intimidator 305 in the same park... what a world.

Imagine how this feels for somebody who lives 40 minutes north of Kings Dominion

Also hello all, I've lurked on this forum for probably 5+ years and finally decided to start posting here. I've noticed that this thread seems to be one of the craziest threads on the forum. Makes me wonder if I live near the craziest coaster enthusiasts out there.

I still can't believe this is really happening. An RMC and Intimidator 305 in the same park... what a world.

Imagine how this feels for somebody who lives 40 minutes north of Kings Dominion

I'm kinda jealous. I used to live 40 minutes north of Dominator, until she moved to KD.

I see

"Wood Apple"

"Candy"

"Wood"

"Rotten"

"Grove"

"Cedar"

"Spooky"

"Pine"

Am I missing anything?

I just cracked the code. The coaster will be named Rotten Spooky Cedar Pine Grove Candy Wood Apple

The coaster will be named Rotten Spooky Cedar Pine Grove Candy Wood Apple Hawk

Current Kings Dominion Teasers

6/20: 816. Just remember... things aren't always what they seem.

6/27: 20. BE⊥TER than 4.

7/4: 3. BE⊥TER than none.

7/11: 28. Makes it BE⊥TER.

7/18: The force RA⊥TLED the windows.

Current Kings Dominion Teasers

6/20: 816. Just remember... things aren't always what they seem.

6/27: 20. BE⊥TER than 4.

7/4: 3. BE⊥TER than none.

7/11: 28. Makes it BE⊥TER.

7/18: The force RA⊥TLED the windows.

816. Just remember... things aren't always what they seem --- announcement date 8/16 & something is going to be odd about this coaster?

20. BE⊥TER than 4 ---- air time moments ?

3. BE⊥TER than none. ----3 inversions ?

28. Makes it BE⊥TER ---turns ?

I see

"Wood Apple"

"Candy"

"Wood"

"Rotten"

"Grove"

"Cedar"

"Spooky"

"Pine"

Am I missing anything?

PLEASE let there be another spooky shed in Candy Apple Grove (Or do they just call it "The Grove?) I really want there to be a shed. With...windows?

I enjoyed Mystic Timbers teasers a bit too much...

I see

"Wood Apple"

"Candy"

"Wood"

"Rotten"

"Grove"

"Cedar"

"Spooky"

"Pine"

Am I missing anything?

PLEASE let there be another spooky shed in Candy Apple Grove (Or do they just call it "The Grove?) I really want there to be a shed. With...windows?

I enjoyed Mystic Timbers teasers a bit too much...

Hopefully there will be a drop track this time instead of Gary Numan's Cars.

I have made tentative arrangements to be off work and head to KD on 8/16 for the announcement (once confirmed). If, "Just remember...things aren't always what they seem." is for real and the announcement is about upcoming changes for Haunt and not the new and improved Hurler... That'll be 2 years in a row KD's PR has fooled me with their announcement BS!

The force rattled the windows .. Shock Wave? Now I'm really confused. Plus those teasers hurt my eyes, need to turn them any other color.

28 is also the number of seats on each train previously. Don't know why they'd tease something staying the same, although it would be better than some alternatives. Looks at least 20' taller to me, maybe even 28 but no more for sure. It could also be the height differential, as it's also going closer to the ground.

Topped out!

5ccdef07b66133bb2e94c4e5598a5ded.jpg

What do you guys think the new height is? The old height was 83'. This looks over 100' at least

It also looks like the lift ends earlier horizontally, not over the original crest. There's also been a big hole at the original crest, maybe just to remove the chain sprocket and greasy wood, maybe not. I'm wondering about a surprise here, maybe even a pre-drop inversion or dip.

The force rattled the windows .. Shock Wave? Now I'm really confused. Plus those teasers hurt my eyes, need to turn them any other color.

28 is also the number of seats on each train previously. Don't know why they'd tease something staying the same, although it would be better than some alternatives. Looks at least 20' taller to me, maybe even 28 but no more for sure. It could also be the height differential, as it's also going closer to the ground.

Topped out!

5ccdef07b66133bb2e94c4e5598a5ded.jpg

What do you guys think the new height is? The old height was 83'. This looks over 100' at least

It also looks like the lift ends earlier horizontally, not over the original crest. There's also been a big hole at the original crest, maybe just to remove the chain sprocket and greasy wood, maybe not. I'm wondering about a surprise here, maybe even a pre-drop inversion or dip.

My guess is a dip and turn around before a dive-over drop.

One thing that I can predict based on how low to the ground this ride is getting is that the airtime will be almost violent. There seems to be so much height differential in the hills that have new wood on them. I'm predicting that this one will be kind of an Iron Rattler Jr, where it's relentless in bouncing whipping you around, plus many drops. Mean Streak is more like an over-sized Wicked Cyclone.