TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

The correct theory on 20 Better than 4:-

When Hurler first opened, the park only had 4 inversions, all of which were on Anaconda.

In 2017, excluding Shockwave, the park has a total of 17 inversions. Does the upside-down T represent that RMC Hurler will bring 3 inversions to the park, bringing the total inversion count up to 20? I think so.

When Hurler first opened, the park only had 4 inversions, all of which were on Anaconda.

In 2017, excluding Shockwave, the park has a total of 17 inversions. Does the upside-down T represent that RMC Hurler will bring 3 inversions to the park, bringing the total inversion count up to 20? I think so.

Actually they had 5 inversions when Hurler first opened. Theory is gone.

So I looked and the first teaser was posted on 6/20 and the second on 6/27, which are both Tuesdays. Tweeted around the same time of 8:45 Eastern both as well. So could we be getting another one this coming 4th?

Actually they had 5 inversions when Hurler first opened. Theory is gone.

I said EXCLUDING Shockwave, because it no longer operates, so it doesn't count.

So I looked and the first teaser was posted on 6/20 and the second on 6/27, which are both Tuesdays. Tweeted around the same time of 8:45 Eastern both as well. So could we be getting another one this coming 4th?

Looks like this theory is correct.

I don't even care about the layout of the ride, the inversions, the speed, or anything at this point. All I care is that I don't have don't have to drive eight or more hours to the closest RMC. The ride's gonna be awesome no matter what. I'm so ready.

Looks like this theory is correct.

I don't even care about the layout of the ride, the inversions, the speed, or anything at this point. All I care is that I don't have don't have to drive eight or more hours to the closest RMC. The ride's gonna be awesome no matter what. I'm so ready.

What you said.

Random Hurler Update: I went to Kings Dominion today (Yes, I braved the weather). Only new thing I see is that they remove the entire lift hill, and the entire old track of Hurler is gone except for the first drop.

What? I thought the first drop was completely gone?

Woman seriously injured on water ride at Virginia amusement park

DOSWELL, Va. (WRIC) — A fun Fourth of July at a water park ended in an ugly way for one Virginia couple.

Steve Orebaugh says his wife, Christina, was seriously hurt after something went wrong on the Tornado water slide at Kings Dominion.

The ride was closed while park officials tried to figure out what happened.

Orebaugh posted details about the ordeal on Facebook. It received thousands of comments and shares.

He explained that as the couple’s tube was riding up the side of the 65-foot funnel, it abruptly flipped.

“It threw her up in the air and she came down on her head and shoulder,” family friend Tim Biller said.

Christina Orebaugh is hospitalized at VCU Medical Center in Richmond, Virginia, with a broken shoulder, collarbone and foot. She also has a concussion and multiple staples in her head to help heal a nasty gash.

The couple is even more upset about what happened after the accident.

According to Steve Orebaugh, lifeguards didn’t seem to be paying attention, so he was forced to swim to his unconscious wife and hold her head above water so she wouldn’t drown.

“He said, ‘I don’t feel like there was a quick response at all. I had to save my wife’s life,’” the family friend added.

A spokesperson for King’s Dominion released the following statement:

On Tuesday, July 4, around 2:00 p.m., we received a report of a guest injury on the Tornado, a ride in the Soak City water park. Lifeguards who were at their posted positions in the water at the ride, as well as park medical staff, immediately responded. The guest was transported to the hospital. The safety of our guests and staff is always our number one priority and the ride remains closed at this time while park officials conduct an investigation.”

The Tornado has been a fixture at King’s Dominion since 2007.

Woman seriously injured on water ride at Virginia amusement park

DOSWELL, Va. (WRIC) — A fun Fourth of July at a water park ended in an ugly way for one Virginia couple.

Steve Orebaugh says his wife, Christina, was seriously hurt after something went wrong on the Tornado water slide at Kings Dominion.

The ride was closed while park officials tried to figure out what happened.

Orebaugh posted details about the ordeal on Facebook. It received thousands of comments and shares.

He explained that as the couple’s tube was riding up the side of the 65-foot funnel, it abruptly flipped.

“It threw her up in the air and she came down on her head and shoulder,” family friend Tim Biller said.

Christina Orebaugh is hospitalized at VCU Medical Center in Richmond, Virginia, with a broken shoulder, collarbone and foot. She also has a concussion and multiple staples in her head to help heal a nasty gash.

The couple is even more upset about what happened after the accident.

According to Steve Orebaugh, lifeguards didn’t seem to be paying attention, so he was forced to swim to his unconscious wife and hold her head above water so she wouldn’t drown.

“He said, ‘I don’t feel like there was a quick response at all. I had to save my wife’s life,’” the family friend added.

A spokesperson for King’s Dominion released the following statement:

On Tuesday, July 4, around 2:00 p.m., we received a report of a guest injury on the Tornado, a ride in the Soak City water park. Lifeguards who were at their posted positions in the water at the ride, as well as park medical staff, immediately responded. The guest was transported to the hospital. The safety of our guests and staff is always our number one priority and the ride remains closed at this time while park officials conduct an investigation.”

The Tornado has been a fixture at King’s Dominion since 2007.

Wow. Sad that she had to go through that.

I'm curious if their raft was over the weight limit. His Facebook comment (once you get past all of the spelling and grammar errors) indicates his younger brother and sister-in-law were in the raft as well. The weight limit on Tornado at SFGAdv is 700lbs, so assuming a similar weight limit, if the combined weight in that raft exceeded it significantly enough, it would get more height and be prone to tipping over.

Anyone notice something interesting/odd about these old postcard pics of Rebel Yell? I mean, besides the ride being beautiful red/white/blue and the lack of headrests and ratchet bars.

kd.jpg.35e598a1bc23cdd1503c662778b5f379.jpg

Has Cedar Fair ever had a ride sponsored by a product? Out of curiosity.

I know Snake River Falls was sponsored by Pepsi from the time it opened until they switched to Coke products. Nothing else at CP immediately comes to mind though...

Anyone notice something interesting/odd about these old postcard pics of Rebel Yell? I mean, besides the ride being beautiful red/white/blue and the lack of headrests and ratchet bars.

I'm not sure what we are supposed to be seeing?