TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

There's a 100% chance it's announced either sometime between 8AM and 5PM, inclusive, on a day between Monday and Friday, inclusive, or else at some other time.

Well that narrows it down

It's also safe to say it will happen in the second half of the year but before the final quarter, or otherwise some other time.

There is nothing confirming that date, but there is also nothing refuting it. Announcements normally happen right around that time, so it's plausible.

This is something that I see all the time now to justify the plausibility of stupid bullsh*t and it drives me nuts. If some random guy comes up with some "inside information" straight out of their a** then the burden of proof is on them. We don't need anything refuting it.

I honestly can't believe this screenshot of a social media comment from someone nobody had ever heard of gained this much traction.

I'll be going to the park Wednesday and I was wondering what I should expect of crowds. Will fastlane be required? I'm looking forward to riding I305 again. I'll also be going to BGW the next day.

We just did all coasters at BGW and 9 at King's Dominion in one day. (yesterday), Sunday 5/30.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'll be going to the park Wednesday and I was wondering what I should expect of crowds. Will fastlane be required? I'm looking forward to riding I305 again. I'll also be going to BGW the next day.

Middle of the week after a holiday weekend, you should not need FL+ unless there are a ton of school groups there. Even then, it will generally die down once they leave around 5-6:00.

There is nothing confirming that date, but there is also nothing refuting it. Announcements normally happen right around that time, so it's plausible.

This is something that I see all the time now to justify the plausibility of stupid bullsh*t and it drives me nuts. If some random guy comes up with some "inside information" straight out of their a** then the burden of proof is on them. We don't need anything refuting it.

I honestly can't believe this screenshot of a social media comment from someone nobody had ever heard of gained this much traction.

I totally get where you're coming from. I guess my philosophy was just "who cares." We have seen announcements around that time, so why spend so much time supporting or denying this claim when we know they're gonna announce it around August anyway? Whether it's the 15, 16, 17, 20, who really cares this far in a advance? The coaster is still coming in 2018. I'm surprised too it gained so much traction!

I wasn't trying to come across as justifying that claim. My initial reaction was just "that date sorta makes sense based on Cedar Fair's history, but it's also pulled from someone's a**, so what's the point of arguing either side?" Guess I could've been more clear.

There's a 100% chance it's announced either sometime between 8AM and 5PM, inclusive, on a day between Monday and Friday, inclusive, or else at some other time.

Well that narrows it down

It's also safe to say it will happen in the second half of the year but before the final quarter, or otherwise some other time.

Ooh, I think you're on to something here. Perhaps the announcement will take place on Earth? It might also be on another celestial body or in space.

Hey guys I have a question, can you renew gold season passes from 2015? I tried renewing 2 of them online but they keep coming up as invalid.. Glitch in the system or do I have to purchase new season passes?

I don't believe you can renew a pass from that far back. You may need to contact KD Guest Services (804) 876-5000 to find out for sure, especially since it will not allow you to do so online.

I just finished spending an amazing day at the park. We rode every coaster multiple times in the front and back row only. Lines were very short. Rebel Yell only had one side opened so we skipped it. I'm not fan of riding racing coasters if only one side is running. Both Grizzly and I305 only had one train running. Also rode Eiffel Tower (Best ride in the park 10/10) along with a few other flats. I did get some remarks from the employees because of the SFGAm Joker shirt I was wearing. Up next is BGW tomorrow.

Here are the ride totals

Anaconda: 2 rides front and back

Avalanche: 2 rides front and back

Backlot: 2 rides front and back

Berserker: 1 ride

Boo Blasters: 1 ride

Delirium: 2 rides

Dominator: 3 rides front row once back row twice (back to back rides).

Drop Tower: 2 rides

Eiffel Tower: 2 rides

Flight of Fear: 2 rides front and back

Grizzly: 2 rides front and back.

I305: 4 rides twice in front and back. Experienced the gray on all the rides.

Ricochet: 2 rides front and back

Shenandoah: 2 rides

Volcano: 3 rides twice in front row and once in second to last row. Back row for both trains were unavailable. First and last ride of the day.

WindSeeker: 1 ride

Woodstock Express: 2 rides front and back.

I just finished spending an amazing day at the park. We rode every coaster multiple times in the front and back row only. Lines were very short.

Avalanche: 2 rides front and backs

Shenandoah: 2 rides

Volcano: 3 rides twice in front row and once in second to last row.

Woodstock Express: 2 rides front and back.

I enthusiastically support these ride choices! Must have been practically empty to get so many rides in. Glad you had a great day!

^ 1. Excellent drawing in paint. No really, I'm being serious - track predictions don't have to be done in a sophisticated computer program to be effective.

2. I'd be happy with something similar to what you drew for the first part of the ride!

I think a more forceful approach with a low to the ground turn would be better, but it depends if they are going for a less intense ride. An overbank would be nice and fun, but that is it. An inverting first drop (Like stormchaser) followed by a fast paced turn would be really thrilling and fun. Then pull up for a beautiful, fairly large airtime hill...perfect.

I think a more forceful approach with a low to the ground turn would be better, but it depends if they are going for a less intense ride. An overbank would be nice and fun, but that is it. An inverting first drop (Like stormchaser) followed by a fast paced turn would be really thrilling and fun. Then pull up for a beautiful, fairly large airtime hill...perfect.

Nah a turn too low would be pointless like the original Hurler. The overbank I drew was largely exaggerated, mostly because I was using the markup feature on my iPhone. I think an airtime pop followed by a small overbank like Wicked Cyclone would be ideal. I can also imagine a tunnel after the first drop to increase the speed a bit.