TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Is there any decent way to ride Anaconda? I mean I know it's insanely rough but what is the best seat to ride it in based off experience? I rode it twice in the middle rows and both times it was one step below Advil.

The only rough part to me is the middle of the "figure 8" where it dives down by the water. Lean hard into the restraint and stick your head forward. That's the only part of the ride I consider uncomfortable. But those corkscrews quickly make you forget about it!

Is there any decent way to ride Anaconda?

Yeah, sit down, pull down the restraint and stop your bitching because the Anaconda don't want none.

Better yet, save your bitching for the ride, screaming obscenities is barely even optional. It's a real He Man ride!

Some say ride in the middle, last I did I got a concussion that affected me 3 days. Front 3 rows or the very back row. Front row of the back car if you're feeling lucky. It's rough but fun except for "The Spot" which should be taken very seriously. I push my head hard against the restraint at that exact moment. Don't ride with a hood, hat or anything that makes your head slippery on the headrest.

Is there any decent way to ride Anaconda?

There is no decent reason to ride Anaconda.

Heresy! There's at least 2 reasons to ride, and they're both corkscrews!

Your argument does not persuade.

Question for those familiar with FAA/Cedar Fair rules (don't know if someone covered this yet, sorry):

Someone shared this on Facebook - isn't this person in violation of KD/CF rules & FAA regulations about UAVs/drones?

Source: Kings Dominion Drone Policy

Disclaimer: Bragging about or encouraging violations of park rules violates Rule #15 of the TPR Terms of Service, so I'd like to make clear that no one should attempt or encourage others to attempt this without explicit park permission and proper training, that I am not responsible for or endorsing this content, and that I fully condemn any violations of park rules. I'm just asking for an expert's opinion on this & whether someone should report that this is going on to KD.

kingsdominionflyover.thumb.JPG.0d6dcefb0c6507759dffe05e8d7cf326.JPG

It is against park policy, but the airspace above the park is not their property at all. They have as much legal right to forbid air traffic as to forbid you from using your own bathroom, that is - none.

As far as I can tell, the only faa regulation that would apply is flying over crowds, but since the park is empty, this is perfectly legal drone flight. Drones are also not supposed to exceed 400', but I can't tell if this one is.

That aerial shot really highlights Hurler's lack of structure. I imagine RMC will add significant lumber to the ride whilst using the same footprint. I imagine this is why they're already starting, while usually most conversions of Hurler's size start in Aug/Sept.

That aerial shot really highlights Hurler's lack of structure. I imagine RMC will add significant lumber to the ride whilst using the same footprint. I imagine this is why they're already starting, while usually most conversions of Hurler's size start in Aug/Sept.

Also RMC Hurler will (likely) open earlier in the season than other RMC conversions

Technically this will be Cedar Fair's first ever RMC.

Huh? I thought RMC Mean Streak was pretty far along in its renovation; Hurler's reno just started (feel free to correct/roast me if I'm misinformed). The only way that this could be the first would be if it were first to open with an August/September opening, similar to Volcano, which is very unlikely but possible since this is a small ride. We'll see if they address what qualifies as "Really More Coming" tomorrow evening - hopefully that includes a 2017 Iron Hurler opening. Otherwise, we'll be left with an elephant in the Jukebox Diner vicinity for another year.

Huh? I thought RMC Mean Streak was pretty far along in its renovation; Hurler's reno just started (feel free to correct/roast me if I'm misinformed). The only way that this could be the first would be if it were first to open with an August/September opening, similar to Volcano, which is very unlikely but possible since this is a small ride. We'll see if they address what qualifies as "Really More Coming" tomorrow evening - hopefully that includes a 2017 Iron Hurler opening. Otherwise, we'll be left with an elephant in the Jukebox Diner vicinity for another year.

Because Kings Dominion opens for the 2018 season in March, Cedar Point in May 2018. First to open doesn't mean first to finish track installation.

There's a reason they're going cheap this year; one the families need their fix and two money needs to be saved for the 2018 RMC.

RMC Hurler will open before RMC Mean Streak (barring any delays) so it technically will be Cedar Fair's first RMC.

We'll see if they address what qualifies as "Really More Coming" tomorrow evening - hopefully that includes a 2017 Iron Hurler opening. Otherwise, we'll be left with an elephant in the Jukebox Diner vicinity for another year.

Is there some kind of announcement event during the preview? I haven't seen anything and haven't been to a preview night before. I know BGW usually does one on preview day...