TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

They took the Hurler webcam down a couple of weeks back so I am assuming that this move along with the "Do Not take photos of Mean Streak" during WCO, CF really, really doesn't want us to know anything when it comes to their RMC connection.

Both "alleged" RMC coaster conversions are all hush hush.

And I'm totally fine with this. The element of surprise keeps me interested.

The park opens in a couple weeks. If the pic is real and RMC is on site, they're not gonna be able to keep it hush once the season starts and hardcore geeks are staking out the area.

I think a controlled leak is part of the plan, as long as they stay in control and no one does anything rash. After all, they have a year, no hurry.

On Google from that link, I can see the cement mixer down to the left (looks unique), and blue box thing.

It's the same name on the pic as the flyover vids, so I think it's real ... and looks like would be a complex photoshop what with the fence in front (which does have 3 strands of barbed wire on top, no reinforcing diagonals on Google but looks to need work then).

as long as they stay in control and no one does anything rash.

LOL what does this even mean? Sounds like a hostage situation.

Well there goes Cf's budget for 2018. Meaner streak and and Wicked hurler will eat the whole budget

RMC Streak money is likely being spread over multiple years. Also RMC conversions are certainly cheaper than a giant new B&M, no?

Well there goes Cf's budget for 2018. Meaner streak and and Wicked hurler will eat the whole budget

Even if that's true (which it isn't unless you're one of those people that thinks the only worthwhile addition is a coaster addition), what's the problem with 2 new awesome RMC's in one season? Is there anything enthusiasts won't complain about?

I think a controlled leak is part of the plan, as long as they stay in control and no one does anything rash. After all, they have a year, no hurry.

On Google from that link, I can see the cement mixer down to the left (looks unique), and blue box thing.

It's the same name on the pic as the flyover vids, so I think it's real ... and looks like would be a complex photoshop what with the fence in front (which does have 3 strands of barbed wire on top, no reinforcing diagonals on Google but looks to need work then).

WAIT, there's a "flyover" vid??

I must have missed that one.

Even if that's true (which it isn't unless you're one of those people that thinks the only worthwhile addition is a coaster addition), what's the problem with 2 new awesome RMC's in one season? Is there anything enthusiasts won't complain about?

You should know my post enough to know I dont really complain and that was complete sarcasm to make the tread implode even more then it already has. And it has worked

Its a shame you missed it as that flyover video inspired our resident FAA experts to enlighten us on the legalities of flying a drone over the park.

Its a shame you missed it as that flyover video inspired our resident FAA experts to enlighten us on the legalities of flying a drone over the park.

I'm excited for what's to come. Passholder Night cannot come soon enough.

I ended up getting the all season fast lane pass. Figure I'll do a few weekends during the year of hitting up Kings Dominion on Saturday and Busch Gardens Williamsburg on Sunday. Couldn't go wrong with the price and I figure I don't have to drive down Friday night to be there at opening Saturday now so I have save on 1 hotel night. Now I can just show up whenever on Saturday and if it's crowded it won't really matter.

I've only done the trip once before but did Busch Gardens on Saturday and Kings on Sunday. I have to drive an extra hour on Sunday to come home which I'll gladly deal with if Busch Gardens is less crowded on Sunday.

I can't wait for the season to start already.

Yeah what kind of nerd knows the ins and outs of an industry?!

Has the trim brakes on the 2nd airtime hill on i305 annoyed anyone else? They should at least be moved to the bottom of the drop

I'm personally okay with them. One or two times in the past have they actually bothered me; normally I'm so caught up in the ride I never pay attention to them (especially in the last row). Of course, that's just me...

I also haven't ridden i305 without them, either.

^^-- yeah it feels to me like when you drive fast up a hill and at the last moment before going over the peak, you slam on the brakes so you don't die. That hill might be OK but the following bits wouldn't (though they were slightly faster when the trim was on the first drop). I dislike the sensation of slowing down in itself, but can see some trimming and speed regulation at that point is part of the design. Coulda, shoulda ... the worst part is if you allow it to irritate you and not enjoy the end for what it is (not the best part, and never will be the best part on something like this).

Re: Hurler, does anyone know anything about RMC's preliminary activities? I expect they have blueprints for Hurler, but they may still want to do some measurements. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a laser scanner that can measure a whole coaster (preferably before removing anything). Who knows how far along things are.

Has the trim brakes on the 2nd airtime hill on i305 annoyed anyone else? They should at least be moved to the bottom of the drop

I only rode I305 this last autumn, but while you can absolutely feel that trim it never bothered me once on my dozen laps. You still fly through those last few hills/twists.