TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

:lol: well okay then.

I know what the word "may" means. My only point was that if you believe there's any reasonable chance that they're going to make any meaningful announcement (in the eyes of everyone in this thread that would mean a coaster) for KD in 2017 after they already teased and announced what they were doing then I think you're wrong. I don't know why that's an inflammatory statement. It wasn't supposed to be but this thread has gone entirely insane.

Lol,..he told you, eh?

^He got mad over something but I don't know why. The park already told us what they were getting. No reasonable person things they would have a huge announcement and then leave out something that's a million times better than what they actually announced.

No park in the history of ever has done that. People just don't want to believe they're only getting a Planet Snoopy expansion and a few small enhancements here and there but that's what the park teased and announced.

:lol: well okay then.

I know what the word "may" means. My only point was that if you believe there's any reasonable chance that they're going to make any meaningful announcement (in the eyes of everyone in this thread that would mean a coaster) for KD in 2017 after they already teased and announced what they were doing then I think you're wrong. I don't know why that's an inflammatory statement. It wasn't supposed to be but this thread has gone entirely insane.

Glad we are on the same page.

^^ Please lighten up a little bit - I put a winkie emoticon to show you that I was only kidding.

Most of us are pretty aware that CF isn't done with their announcements and yes...we have all seen the "Really More is Coming" thing. If it's an RMC somewhere at a CF park in the next year or two great...if not, most of us will manage to somehow survive.

Talking down to enthusiasts when you are only a ride-op at a CF park comes across like you are a pretentious dick-head that is only going to stir up trouble here.

It's not about the "Really More Coming". I'm just pointing out an announcement that is coming up after the 16th.

I am also not "only a ride-op at a CF park", but that is something to talk about over a drink.

If I'm coming off as pretentious, let me assure you that is not my goal.

^He got mad over something but I don't know why. The park already told us what they were getting. No reasonable person things they would have a huge announcement and then leave out something that's a million times better than what they actually announced.

No park in the history of ever has done that. People just don't want to believe they're only getting a Planet Snoopy expansion and a few small enhancements here and there but that's what the park teased and announced.

I'm actually in a great mood.

And to address the point of "no park leaving out huge investments out of their announcements", I don't think that argument will be sufficient.

McClure was coy when asked about the future of Mean Streak, Cedar Point's massive wooden coaster that will close next month.

Roller coaster fans are hoping that instead of being torn down, Mean Streak will be converted into a new ride – a so-called hybrid coaster with a wood frame and steel track.

McClure said any announcement of what will replace Mean Streak will come after the ride's last operating day, Friday, Sept. 16, the opening night of HalloWeekends.

"We'll string it out for a while," said McClure. "We like that people are curious."

He added, "The only thing I can tell you right now is that we won't disappoint you with what we do back there."

Read more at: http://www.cleveland.com/travel/index.ssf/2016/08/cedar_points_jason_mcclure_tal_1.html

Edited by Kinematics

Sigh! Why must this thread always be such a train wreck?

Good people, let's try being decent to each other for a change. I'm tired of having to police this thread. Remember that it's all about having fun, not running each other down.

Thank you.

It's not about the "Really More Coming". I'm just pointing out an announcement that is coming up on the 16th.

Who said there was an announcement coming on the 16th?

It's in the post you quoted.

I appropriately corrected it to "after the 16th". It's not for KD, but rather, CP.

Blah blah blah blah blah....

FFS can you please just stop posting here?

I want to punch the screen every time I read one of your posts.

Seriously, no one really cares what you have to say.

So maybe you can pack it up and try posting to another forum?

Got it? Cool, thanks...

Edited by robbalvey

I don't think the Really More Coming thing was an accident. Unfortunately the most likely thing is it's a tease in the fullest meaning of the word. Or they want one but don't know when or if. Maybe they're fanning the flames of the fanboys because CF corporate doesn't want RMC. Personally, I think RMC steel/TRex is at least as likely as RMC Hurler.

As to the park's having a lot more space, I305 is already too close to the smelly industry to the south. Plus they're getting away with no in-park transportation systems or even trams for the parking lot. I think they'd expand the park if the customer base was larger, say if the population here keeps growing for 20 more years, or if more people suddenly start going to amusement parks (this could also be a matter of time, for example if personal thrill machines such as boats and fast cars become restricted or more impractical).

Right now, they have space they can't make use of (Hurler), and more coasters will be reaching their end soon enough. There could be a real flurry of coaster replacement.

I honestly just want KD to get something big, it doesn't even have to be a coaster. Just something big enough to show people that it is not neglected and it is a perfectly legitimate alternative to BGW. Because right now KD is going lower and lower down in peoples' lists. I'm starting to lose hope in KD... And it makes me sad to see this happening because I literally just gave up on SFA (my home park) after the horrid 2015 addition... "And for one of our most neglected parks, a ride we stole from the local fair!"

Anyways... I'm just kinda depressed about what is happening, and I just want to see something bigger added to KD soon, just so I can know that KD isn't going to turn into a lower tier park like WOF or DP. Heck I even have friends that are planning trips in the area that are just like: "Okay, so I'll spend half the day at SFA and the other half at KD to get the creds, then spend two full days at BGW and Carowinds." and I just kinda hear that and die a little bit inside. XD

I just really want to see KD get recognized as the great park that it is, and not some credit park that you only spend 2 hours at... And I know that this post is kinda a mess and I probably look really stupid posting this, but I just wanted to express my opinions on this. Does anyone else feel the same way? Or is it just me?

I don't know anything big that would bring in the people like a coaster, except maybe something like bringing the animal safari back, not gonna happen. As to "credit park", I think BGW has more that would be worth traveling a long distance for (although nothing a match to I305), but I'd rather be a local to KD than anywhere else, better variety (though many rides are ordinary and BGW is gaining ground)), less overcrowding than any place substantially better (northern parks).

I'm just gonna start banning people. No questions asked.

You want to make stupid posts? BANNED!

You want to keep dragging out the same pointless discussion? BANNED!

You want to question the admins? BANNED!

It's the only way I can see that we can get this thread back on track and weed out the people that are making this unbearable for the rest us us.

--Robb "Sick of being nice... Wait... I was never nice." Alvey

It's the only way I can see that we can get this thread back on track and weed out the people that are making this unbearable for the rest us us.

Right Move. This thread is starting to become a total mess

I don't know why all these KD fan boys are upset that they haven't gotten a coaster since 2010. News flash, CF has been doing the same thing with about 4 or 5 other parks. A park doesn't deserve a new coaster people they haven't gotten one in so long. A park deserves a coaster when corporate knows they'll see a wonderful return on investment. They saw big potential in Carowinds, that's why they got fury and a new Waterpark. They wanted to grow KI more, so they did. And of course they'll do what they need to cp to make it number one.

CF does a 3-5 year plan for parks. Carowinds, KI and CP 3-5 year plans are ending, so now some of the other parks 3-5 year plans are starting. Which is why so many announced flats or water park. And some of them will more or less announce a new coaster in the next few years.

Gotta stop b***hing about not getting a coaster. Join the club or Dorney, world of fun, Michigan adventure, and valley fair. now that I'm 21,i need a damn drink

Anything new for them with haunt this year?

Change of topic for KD... What was your first coaster ever ridden at KD? Surprisingly it was not Scoobie Doo for me and it was Mt. Kilimanjaro... For all of those that aren't as old as me, it was the coaster that ran through the smaller mountain between Volcano and Anaconda. Gosh, it brings back memories of sitting there and watching the ski show in the lake too!

I'll be glad to answer. I305 back in 2011 which was my first and only visit to KD. I plan on going back soon. Maybe even next year. When I first heard that people have blacked out on I305 I was really hoping this would happen to me but it didn't and I rode it 3 times too. Front, back and middle.

Seriously can we have a purge? Good God, I would be in favor of a lock on the entire King's Dominion thread for a week just to make it stop. If you feel the need to personally attack someone over theme parks and rides than you need a new hobby. It isn't that serious

Change of topic for KD... What was your first coaster ever ridden at KD? Surprisingly it was not Scoobie Doo for me and it was Mt. Kilimanjaro... For all of those that aren't as old as me, it was the coaster that ran through the smaller mountain between Volcano and Anaconda. Gosh, it brings back memories of sitting there and watching the ski show in the lake too!

Rebel Yell. My mom took me on it right when I was tall enough. It was my first ever coaster, actually.

I'll be glad to answer. I305 back in 2011 which was my first and only visit to KD. I plan on going back soon. Maybe even next year. When I first heard that people have blacked out on I305 I was really hoping this would happen to me but it didn't and I rode it 3 times too. Front, back and middle.

I was lucky enough to snag a first rider tshirt on I305. I got to experience the original layout and with no trims on the first drop. Definitely grayed out and I have never experienced that in my life. I still gray out a little, but not as much since they have made all of the modifications. I actually didn't mind the old OTSR and they never bothered me on Maverick either.

Rebel Yell. My mom took me on it right when I was tall enough. It was my first ever coaster, actually.

Mine in order... 1. Mt Kilimanjaro 2. Scoobie Doo 3. Avalanche 4. Rebel Yell 5. Grizzly 6. Wore baseball cleats to the park and somehow managed to be tall enough to ride Shockwave at 7 years old. I was a tall kid and don't judge me wearing cleats! Lol At least I was smart enough to think of that so I could ride with my big sister and her friends

I'm trying to figure out who is more annoying: the unrealistic fanboys or those who flame them.

I would be in favor of a lock on the entire King's Dominion thread for a week just to make it stop. If you feel the need to personally attack someone over theme parks and rides than you need a new hobby. It isn't that serious

I couldn't fathom how this thread exploded for so many new pages just over the day today! Clearly, I forgot what thread we're talking about here...

All I have to say after reading all the pages of insane crap after quoting Screamscape, followed by the subsequent trashing of the site is that, as was stated a few pages back, Screamscape is a "News and Rumors" site and the guy clearly has his work cut out for him. He posts news when announcements are made or, for example, when it was uncovered that Six Flags New England applied for planning approval for their new S&S 4D Free Fly, a pending-announcement bit of news.

In addition to this he clearly has sources who probably have other sources and information gets passed to him that way. He maintains a level of integrity for the site and if I were to go ahead and e-mail him right now and say that I had a dream that Universal is building the next tallest coaster on the planet, he isn't just going to throw it up on the site and say "somebody told me", he's going to put the information through his vetting process because, again, he wants to maintain integrity of his site.

Would some of you prefer not to have this resource at all?

It's also very important to note that plans change. Say KD was on track to get a new entrance and huge B&M for 2015, then they either saw a decline in traffic, decline in revenue, or even an outside (ie other park had a large increase) statistic that indicated that their resources would be better used elsewhere, they are a business and exist to make money. You may feel that it's "unfair" that KD hasn't had a new major coaster since 2010, but unfortunately business just doesn't work that way. They are also a publicly traded corporation, so the shareholders and board of directors are also going to mull over the details to make sure they get the best return on investment for the decisions they make in capital investment.