TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Has the dust settled yet?

People are convincing themselves that this can't be it and that Kings Dominion is just trying to get them even more hyped up for RMC Hurler. So absolutely not.

how many have been banned?

Just one. Poor madmax, we barely knew thee.

how many have been banned?

Just one. Poor madmax, we barely knew thee.

There was at least two, user mooniefins was also banned shortly after the annoucement because of a post in this thread.

It doesn't really matter how many got banned though, however many it was. This forum is a better place without them.

Edited by SteelForceless

The past thirty or so pages of this thread have given me an unyielding headache.

Speaking as a father of a four-year-old who's tall enough to ride coasters with a 48" requirement, I'm very curious to see the workings of their "Pre-K Pass". Perhaps I can convince the whole family to go on a Virginia road trip next year. Needless to say, I won't be joining Max's boycott.

One thing to remember is to get it processed by April 30th; I believe that's the date.

People are convincing themselves that this can't be it and that Kings Dominion is just trying to get them even more hyped up for RMC Hurler. So absolutely not.

FACT: There is NO proof, anywhere, that RMC Hurler isn't still happening at some point. In fact, there are some very legitimate, FACT based reasons, to think "there's really more coming." So, those who believe it may still happen, have just as much reason to think so, as those who don't think it's going to happen. Again... This thread has become a travesty because of people on both extremes, and neither one being willing to just accept the other as having a valid place in the conversation...

FACT: There is NO proof, anywhere, that RMC Hurler isn't still happening at some point. In fact, there are some very legitimate, FACT based reasons, to think "there's really more coming." So, those who believe it may still happen, have just as much reason to think so, as those who don't think it's going to happen. Again... This thread has become a travesty because of people on both extremes, and neither one being willing to just accept the other as having a valid place in the conversation...

It could happen as long as Hurler stands, but if it is going to occur, can we all agree it isn't for 2017? And that there is no announcement imminent in relation to this?

Right now I'm officially stumped as to what's going on with Hurler. If it doesn't open with the park next year it'll raise a lot of questions, but I agree that we can safely assume that there won't be any major changes with it for 2017. It seems like the only options are that it re-opens, probably with some minor track work or it doesn't and we start this whole cycle over again.

That's where my confusion lies... Why would CP and KD host announcement events, only to announce "that's not all?" It just doesn't add up, but we're almost too late in the season to expect that "something else" to be something big. A small part of me wanders if there isn't some outside force keeping them from making the entire announcement when it was scheduled. Unlikely, I just don't understand them this go-round.

It could happen as long as Hurler stands, but if it is going to occur, can we all agree it isn't for 2017? And that there is no announcement imminent in relation to this?

My stance, at this point, is that 2017 seems ambitious, for an RMC Hurler. Not impossible, but probably solidly in the camp of unlikely. What I do find interesting, is how non-committal Chad was when asked about whether Hurler will be able to be ridden next year... I don't expect him to come out and say much on the topic, but his reply seemed to give some credence to the notion that it might operate next year in some form.

Personally, it doesn't matter much to me one way or the other, as I haven't been to KD in 14 years, and I'm not sure when I'll be able to go back. I just think the mystery surrounding Hurler is one of the more fascinating things in the "industry" right now, and I'm curious to see how it all plays out.

Regarding an "imminent" announcement, I don't think so. But it may be sooner than next year still. One thing I haven't seen many people address, who think there's nothing more to announce, is the fact that the screen literally said "there's really more coming" at the end. That seems to indicate something more will be announced, at some point. But what, and when, and how soon, is anybody here's guess, really...

KD's not gonna call a press event for their park's 2017 announcements and leave out the major capital expenditure for next year, especially since that expenditure would be desired to be open in 7 months time and nothing has happened there as of right now. Like I said before: As long as Hurler is standing, any number of things can happen to it. It can be RMCed, it can be GCIed, it can be torn down, it can immaculately ascend into heaven, it can be transformed by a wizard into gold or a mountain of weed. All are possibilities.

What I'm saying, is that there is valid reason to believe there is more coming to be "announced", even if it's just related to Hurler's status for next season. Yes, an RMC opening next seems very unlikely at this point. But clearly, something is likely to happen with it, and they did tease "more coming", so at this point, expecting another announcement at some point, even if it's months away, is not unreasonable...

KD's not gonna call a press event for their park's 2017 announcements and leave out the major capital expenditure for next year, especially since that expenditure would be desired to be open in 7 months time and nothing has happened there as of right now.

This.

I am just saying... Canada's Wonderland has yet to make their 2017 capital investment announcement... the park did confirm that this is due to external factors when they responded to a question on their Facebook page.

That being said, we have seen a lot of land clearing and such being done around The Great Canadian Mindbuster coaster... I have a strong belief that maybe, just maybe, we will be seeing 3 RMC projects this year.

Nevertheless, I am excited to see what Canada's Wonderland announcement will be!

Here's to hoping that Canada's Wonderland, Cedar Point and Kings Dominion will be seeing RMC this year...

Edited by DisNerd1223

I see nobody is responding to my questions regarding their blatant tease of more to come, however... I'm not disagreeing that 2017 is unlikely for a new coaster at KD, but to just ignore what KD themselves have indicated, regarding more news to come, is a bit myopic...

there's Really More Coming.

This needs to be talked about. It was the last image after the announcement. This is the tag line they used. With only 1 coaster for cedar fair in 2017, it does not make sense. They have been doing amazing in quarter results and economy is doing great. I feel we will hear another announcement soon. Cedar Fair is toying with all enthusiasts across the boards.

I could be so wrong. However, if this is all CF is going to add in 2017, then this will be the smallest year of additions when not in a recession since the 1990s. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Coaster19

I'm sure there is but if it was major they probably would have announced it already. I'm thinking it's something along the lines of new passholder perks or special events. Maybe it's a new flower garden I don't know. I wouldn't read too far into it at all.

I don't know. There is still to much mystery behind 2017. I am betting on the fact that they are going to go against the grain and save major announcements for halloweekends or Winterfest. They have to announce what they are going to do with Hurler and MS still.

I don't know. There is still to much mystery behind 2017. I am betting on the fact that they are going to go against the grain and save major announcements for halloweekends or Winterfest. They have to announce what they are going to do with Hurler and MS still.

Why are you convinced that they're going to announce what is happening with Mean Streak in the near future?

Also we are not talking about the fact that RMC does not have 1 project announced for 2017. (Not that I know of) from last year they had 4 and this year none. I find that very strange.

Trying to stay away from double posts.

I am convinced they will lets us know what is happening with either Hurler or MS this year, more so Hurler then MS. Hurler was teased like no other by the park earlier this month. Then they have this tease (what I believe as a tease). With no RMC announced for North America yet, I feel these are major clues to Hurler.

Now for MS, I am on the fence. I would like them to talk about the giant structure. However I don't think it will happen until after the funeral. With CP taking so much time to make a funeral happen, then this would be a great time to announce, durning the funeral.

CW we still don't know what is being added. They are most likely the only other park that could see a coaster (sorry MiA). If they don't announce a coaster (when they announce) then one of two thing. 1) CF will have a major 2018 year or 2) CF still has announcements for 2017. SF has not announced their plans yet, so it is not to late yet.

Edited by Coaster19