TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I'm starting a boycott of KD. Already got over 50 going along with me on social media. Anyone want to join?[/quote

GOODBYE!

You are also banned from TPR!

any chance you could modify his profile so his signature and location don't mention masturbation and oral sex?

I'm starting a boycott of KD. Already got over 50 going along with me on social media. Anyone want to join?

"Sir, madmax is leading a boycott of Kings Dominion. He's got 50 people on board."

"We can't have this. Stocks already dropped yesterday after we closed WWK. Get B&M on the line."

IMG_1970.JPG.f9c25a3a7e26ff8ca3e4e76f388f0678.JPG

The clues do not point to something big.

While I agree that the common thread is Snoopy and that was a giveaway as to the content of the announcement...

...You don't think that a picture of Snoopy "snooping" around the site of a closed roller coaster points to an announcement about what they plan to do with that roller coaster? Especially when they've already made comments in the media about "our plan is to reopen it for the 2017 season" and yet they have not yet made any followup about that? And in a recent video they talked about green track versus red track, etc., fanning the flames even more.

Obviously this is not a promise or a guarantee. But in my book that's clearly misleading.

Judging by the concept art and the fact that Planet Snoopy's ride count is only going up to 20 instead of 21, I'm guessing Snoopy's Bounce House is going to be replaced by Sally's Sea Plane. More of the same, but I can't blame them for removing it for a ride in every other Planet Snoopy. When people get sick from the humidity in those inflatables, the protein spills can be a lot more frustrating to clean up than on regular concrete.

Well, I've been a season pass holder for years. I've purchased four season passes each year for myself and my kids. One year I purchased platinum passes for myself and my daughter and toured Carowinds and Cedar Point. Next year I was planning on going all out purchasing all platinum passes for all of my kids and spending a week in Sandusky with KD being my home park. I would have purchased those passes with no additions next year, simply replacing asphalt with brick pavers would have been fine. However, the hype got me excited. KD home park peeps are well overdue for a coaster. Revamping Hurler would have been great, enough in my eyes. I can certainly understand upgrading Planet Snoopy, your creating future patrons that way, I get it. So while I was content with brick pavers at one point, today legitimately upset me. Whoever was responsible for today's fiasco and teasing should be fired. All four of us watched the announcement this morning. While I was upset, the disappointment in my kids faces was real. You don't treat loyal customers like that, in essence Lucy pulled the football from Charlie Brown once again. That being said, I have always been loyal to KD, but no more. I have never been to BGW, but that money I would have spent in multiple Cedar Fair parks next year will be going directly to BGW season passes. I will be driving right past KD and won't regret it. In business you can't please everybody, and you shouldn't try. But one thing you NEVER do is agitate the loyal base customers who are the bedrock of your business. Is KD trying to compete with Sesame Street or BGW??

This is a perfect example of why so many people hate dealing with Americans: ME ME ME ME ME. Waahhh. You're going to lose MY business!!! (which is BS most of the time probably including this time)

God forbid an amusement park is going to build something that other people are going to enjoy instead of you. What makes it even funnier is that it was extremely obvious Planet Snoopy was coming based off the teasers

While I agree that the common thread is Snoopy and that was a giveaway as to the content of the announcement...

...You don't think that a picture of Snoopy "snooping" around the site of a closed roller coaster points to an announcement about what they plan to do with that roller coaster? Especially when they've already made comments in the media about "our plan is to reopen it for the 2017 season" and yet they have not yet made any followup about that? And in a recent video they talked about green track versus red track, etc., fanning the flames even more.

Obviously this is not a promise or a guarantee. But in my book that's clearly misleading.

Not to me . . .

I understand what you are saying but those occurrences (outside of Snoopy snooping) were not part of the PR campaign to tease something new for 2017. There is a difference between what is leaked from a company and what is released by a company.

I think the new rides and the Pre-K passes are good additions to the park, and I believe all Cedar Fair's 2017 additions are great, even though they didn't announce any major thrill rides, except for Mystic Timbers and Patriot. Parks should focus on families with young children, as they make up a majority of ticket and season pass sales. Although what KD's adding is a good addition, they massively overhyped the announcement and mislead a lot of people by focusing on Hurler, causing immense disappointment. All parks should take note of KD's 2017 announcement and the teasing for it, because it's a prime example of how NOT to announce a small addition.

I think the new rides and the Pre-K passes are good additions to the park, and I believe all Cedar Fair's 2017 additions are great, even though they didn't announce any major thrill rides, except for Mystic Timbers and Patriot. Parks should focus on families with young children, as they make up a majority of ticket and season pass sales. Although what KD's adding is a good addition, they massively overhyped the announcement and mislead a lot of people by focusing on Hurler, causing immense disappointment. All parks should take note of KD's 2017 announcement and the teasing for it, because it's a prime example of how NOT to announce a small addition.

Exactly. No more to be said relating to the issue.

Well, I've been a season pass holder for years. I've purchased four season passes each year for myself and my kids. One year I purchased platinum passes for myself and my daughter and toured Carowinds and Cedar Point. Next year I was planning on going all out purchasing all platinum passes for all of my kids and spending a week in Sandusky with KD being my home park. I would have purchased those passes with no additions next year, simply replacing asphalt with brick pavers would have been fine. However, the hype got me excited. KD home park peeps are well overdue for a coaster. Revamping Hurler would have been great, enough in my eyes. I can certainly understand upgrading Planet Snoopy, your creating future patrons that way, I get it. So while I was content with brick pavers at one point, today legitimately upset me. Whoever was responsible for today's fiasco and teasing should be fired. All four of us watched the announcement this morning. While I was upset, the disappointment in my kids faces was real. You don't treat loyal customers like that, in essence Lucy pulled the football from Charlie Brown once again. That being said, I have always been loyal to KD, but no more. I have never been to BGW, but that money I would have spent in multiple Cedar Fair parks next year will be going directly to BGW season passes. I will be driving right past KD and won't regret it. In business you can't please everybody, and you shouldn't try. But one thing you NEVER do is agitate the loyal base customers who are the bedrock of your business. Is KD trying to compete with Sesame Street or BGW??

This is a perfect example of why so many people hate dealing with Americans: ME ME ME ME ME. Waahhh. You're going to lose MY business!!! (which is BS most of the time probably including this time)

God forbid an amusement park is going to build something that other people are going to enjoy instead of you. What makes it even funnier is that it was extremely obvious Planet Snoopy was coming based off the teasers

Lol,..you are right as far as the losing my business part. I'll say this. You say "so many" people hate dealing with Americans? Yeah until money comes into play. Then all you hear is, hey my friend come to my business. Me, Me, Me? My, My, My money.

Exactly how I feel.

I'm starting a boycott of KD. Already got over 50 going along with me on social media. Anyone want to join?

We simply cannot tolerate any more of your insanely stupid posts. Banned for being one of the biggest idiots we've ever had on TPR.

I'm glad I didn't go because I'm not ready to be banned from the park for life. Was there anything at the announcement event said that anyone actually there was interested in, except for the "whatever's best for the park" types? Should have just been announced online, or maybe in the Burger King parking lot or something.

I agree the park's still great, best coaster on the planet goes a long way with me. I'm now predicting new coasters in 2020, 2030, and 2040 .

I'm glad I didn't go because I'm not ready to be banned from the park for life. Was there anything at the announcement event said that anyone actually there was interested in, except for the "whatever's best for the park" types?

I really enjoyed the free cookie after the announcement? We got a little Snoopy plushie as well!!!

We simply cannot tolerate any more of your insanely stupid posts. Banned for being one of the biggest idiots we've ever had on TPR.

Thank you Larry and Robb for banning him. This thread was nothing but a nightmare with him here. Hey with him gone Bill should be coming back now. I'm willing to bet that he's going to try and create another account. Is anyone else willing to bet this?

The announcement is really making me wonder what, when, and how the elephant in the room will be dealt with.

Oh, and by the way, I believe I'm the first one to speculate that it might have something to do with Planet Snoopy. So there's an "I told you so" moment.

While I don't think they teased the KD2017 thing very well (way too much for something so small) the additions were still good and they need to build a more loyal family base sometimes.

I do think that the KD announcement was a false decoy, because the sheer amount of teasing they did does not logically match with the announcement.

While I don't think they teased the KD2017 thing very well (way too much for something so small) the additions were still good and they need to build a more loyal family base sometimes.

I do think that the KD announcement was a false decoy, because the sheer amount of teasing they did does not logically match with the announcement.

+1

Thank you Larry and Robb for banning him. This thread was nothing but a nightmare with him here. Hey with him gone Bill should be coming back now. I'm willing to bet that he's going to try and create another account. Is anyone else willing to bet this?

That would be a bad bet. You know he has already started another profile.