TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

^^^^I think he said 2008 because that was the first full year CF took over the old Paramount parks, but yes, still a manipulative way to present data.

I guess you're right. My point was that Cedar Fair is straying away from the norm in 2017 by not adding a B&M. Whether that's a good or bad thing, I don't know. Just making an observation, that's all. I could have presented that better.

Even though I'm not completely a fanboy.

This has got to be a joke.

Cedar Fair just announced the closing of one of their parks.

Their stockholders are upset.

They need a BIG announcement to get their stockholders interested.

3 new kiddie rides, wi-fi, a kiddie pass, and a picture service is not a terribly BIG announcement.

Also:

Planet Snoopy Expansion Year Difference: 2013-2017

New Roller Coaster: 2010-Michigan's Adventure status

Do you have the names of these upset stockholders? Myself and the other stockholders I've talked to are enjoying the profits and decisions this company is making. The only people upset are self-serving or self-entitled.

So.. should I lose all hope in this park and drive up to carowinds and bgw instead? Speaking of Carowinds how far is it from Richmond va and is it even worth the drive?

I understand that this isn't the time or the thread for rational thinking but personally KD might still be my favorite park in the chain after Cedar Point. I prefer it to Ki, Knotts, Carowinds, Dorney and Wonderland for sure. KI might have a better coaster lineup (debatable) but KD has much nicer atmosphere, great flats and a spectacular log flume.

Anyway go back to your relentless bitching.

we loved it when we visited last year, and they have a really great woodie in Woodstock Express (that many folks skip, since it's a junior coaster)

Even after visiting BGW, we still very much enjoyed this park (other than Hurler, of course, which beat the crappola out of us).

but any park with such a great kids section, as well as the Tower, Volcano, Intimidator, that amazing Drop Tower, and a really decent bobsleds?

I just don't get the complaining.

but oh well. . most of those complaining seem rather young, so maybe they will learn to appreciate what they have instead of bitching about what they wish they had.

Edited by bert425

I feel the most sorry about this announcement for those who booked campout tickets/drove long distances just to watch in person. This is certainly a disappointment for many locals and longtime KD fans/coaster enthusiasts, although this is most likely not "the beginning of the end". I'll trust that the people in the CF/KD offices know what they're doing with this one. Keep your fingers crossed for 2018, and please refrain from personal attacks. A disappointing announcement doesn't mean we should tear each other apart.

Here is the press release regarding the park's 2017 announcement.

454611515_001Mapwithlogos.thumb.jpg.55e870b819ec625fbe56bda71fc305ce.jpg

More Fun, More Laughs and More Thrills Coming to Kings Dominion in 2017

Planet Snoopy will feature new family rides and amenities plus FREE admission to children 3-5 years old

DOSWELL, VA. (August 20, 2016) - The world’s largest PEANUTS™-themed children’s area is growing again! Kings Dominion announced plans to expand the Planet Snoopy area of the park in 2017. Additions include three family rides, a new event space, and upgraded food and beverage locations. Plus, children three to five years of age can experience all that Planet Snoopy has to offer for FREE with the brand new Kings Dominion Pre-K Pass.

1818610348_PlanetSnoopyRendering.thumb.jpg.70c6d50f797e2cfb66c17d9674b99622.jpg

Brand new family-friendly rides include:

706568302_KiteEatingTree.thumb.jpg.66eb03a4da1c76bfb0641ace6457da97.jpg

· Kite Eating Tree – Charlie Brown’s kite is stuck in a tree again, can you help get it down? On this family ride, guests will be propelled to the top of the tower and bounce down to the platform as they experience sensations of weightlessness.

53917223_SallysSeaPlane.thumb.jpg.7eb7a333274d790f56998f0ff595eb55.jpg

· Sally’s Sea Plane – Join Sally as she soars through the air high above the sea! Kids and their parents are in store for an adventure with a trip on Sally’s airplane. Take a trip round-and-round on this giant plane as it rotates and rises into the air.

51736750_Snoopy500.thumb.jpg.3664f4ffaeb6dab00b025e9059c55cc8.jpg

· Peanuts™500 – Pick your car and rev up the engine with the Peanuts™ crew on this fun car ride that is the perfect size for your little racers. Start your engines and hit the track in race cars designed for parents and children to ride together as they move in a circle and whip around the corner on a closed track.

This latest expansion to the 14-acre kid’s area brings the total number of rides in Planet Snoopy to 20. All of the rides are designed for families to experience together.

In celebration of the Planet Snoopy additions, the limited-time Kings Dominion Pre-K Pass is brand new for 2017 and grants complimentary admission to children ages three to five years for the entire 2017 season. Online registration for the Pre-K Pass is available beginning August 20 and can be processed at the park beginning September 3. The Pre-K Pass includes one free visit during the fall of 2016 to enjoy the Great Pumpkin Fest in Planet Snoopy which begins on September 24. Visit kingsdominion.com for further information.

In addition, 2017 Season Passes are on sale now at the lowest price of the year.

Edited by cfc

ADMIN EDIT:

Oh, boo-hoo. So the park didn't cater to YOUR PERSONAL PREFERENCES this time around so you're going to throw a crying fit?

Banned for our page.

I simply will NOT tolerate crap like this anymore.

Edited by robbalvey

I understand that enthusiasts want coasters and I admit I did not see all the teasers. However, I went back through this thread and copied the first three teasers I found, all were released between August 16th and August 18th.

How to do teases promise anything big? The only connective tissue in the pictures and comments is Snoopy. The clues do not point to something big. Again I'll admit maybe there are more clues I'm missing so please share them.

Has Kings Dominion or Cedar Fair ever used Snoopy to tease a huge coaster?

Snoop1.JPG.d62530d0566626c3aada93495224f2c1.JPG

Snoop2.JPG.1160ca1ffd5e99fa73b1faada4af8692.JPG

Snoop3.JPG.7f003716f0c895e333255eaccf246464.JPG

Edited by larrygator

I'm starting a boycott of KD. Already got over 50 going along with me on social media. Anyone want to join?

50 People! KD better start re-thinking their plans right away!

But seriously, 50 people won't make any difference to KD. That's not even enough to fill two trains on Intimidator.

Also, I haven't said anything about it yet, but that Pre-K pass is brilliant.

Edited by GCI Wooden

I'm starting a boycott of KD. Already got over 50 going along with me on social media. Anyone want to join?

no.

stop being dumb, and just accept you didn't get what you wanted.

50 people is definitely gonna hurt KD. 50 people is definitely gonna make them build Terra winged inverted standup rmc Aquatrax. They'll probably make more money from the more families visiting the park than they did off of you and your 50 friends.

So.. should I lose all hope in this park and drive up to carowinds and bgw instead? Speaking of Carowinds how far is it from Richmond va and is it even worth the drive?

I understand that this isn't the time or the thread for rational thinking but personally KD might still be my favorite park in the chain after Cedar Point. I prefer it to Ki, Knotts, Carowinds, Dorney and Wonderland for sure. KI might have a better coaster lineup (debatable) but KD has much nicer atmosphere, great flats and a spectacular log flume.

Anyway go back to your relentless bitching.

we loved it when we visited last year, and they have a really great woodie in Woodstock Express (that many folks skip, since it's a junior coaster)

Even after visiting BGW, we still very much enjoyed this park (other than Hurler, of course, which beat the crappola out of us).

but any park with such a great kids section, as well as the Tower, Volcano, Intimidator, that amazing Drop Tower, and a really decent bobsleds?

I just don't get the complaining.

but oh well. . most of those complaining seem rather young, so maybe they will learn to appreciate what they have instead of bitching about what they wish they had.

Hey, if you pay money you have the right to complain, or just take your money somewhere else. It's America. You can bellyache as much as you want..lol..

I understand people being a little salty. Forget the teasers and what not, a certain anticipation was built up when they decided to have the event. If they didn't have it, and they kind of just announced something new, then it wouldn't be too bad. Sure, complaining would have taken place (like just about with'any' new addition), but folks would've gotten over it.

Ride on!

They will make more money from the more families visiting the park than they did off of you and your 50 friends.

Fixed.

Yup. Anything to do with kids will always pull more loot. I usually skip Kings Dominion in 2 year increments, but might go next year since my soon to be 4 year old can get in free.