TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've had KD season passes for 8 years now, so next year might be the year I take a year break considering I have to drive 3.5 hours to get to the park. Although I live closer to Carowinds I can never visit that park more than once or twice a year considering it just doesn't do much for me besides the big 3 (Fury, Intimidator, Afterburn). I can drive 4 hours and get Dollywood season passes instead.

This is a fantastic addition to the park don't get me wrong, but it's becoming obvious that Cedar Fair is fine with BGW becoming the leading park in the region. 2018 needs to be big for KD for them to remain a regional power. For the park's benefit, I'm hoping SFA gets scrap as usual.

I'm interested to see the exact placement of these rides and if any are placed on the former Shockwave site.

Even though I'm not completely a fanboy.

This has got to be a joke.

Cedar Fair just announced the closing of one of their parks.

Their stockholders are upset.

They need a BIG announcement to get their stockholders interested.

3 new kiddie rides, wi-fi, a kiddie pass, and a picture service is not a terribly BIG announcement.

Also:

Planet Snoopy Expansion Year Difference: 2013-2017

New Roller Coaster: 2010-Michigan's Adventure status

I don't think it was necessary to have a large announcement like this for such a small addition. I get it if they are announcing it in stages, or whatever, but I think even most of the GP will be pretty peeved with this one. Planet Snoopy doesn't need any more attention right now. I would have been satisfied even if they announced a traditional re-track of Hurler.

Don't think too many people will be rushing to buy season passes for next year after that.

But wait, there's still more!

OMG LARSON LOOP!

WORLDS FIRST GIGA LARSON LOOP!

but on the real though, repeating comment since it was buried.

Chad not confirming Hurler opening for 2017 and said, not verbatim, we can only have so many announcements in one day.

The mystery continues!

I'm interested to see the exact placement of these rides and if any are placed on the former Shockwave site.

kd_planetsnoopyexpansion_body.jpg.efd5537bd4fcfe984043183a4469dae2.jpg

Update: The rides will replace the current Planet Snoopy meet and greet building and Snoopy's Moonbounce.

They could have at least kept those and placed these new rides where Shockwave's lifthill/drop were and created a path connecting the Flying Ace area to the Delirium plaza.