TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Anyone want to predict the coaster and stats?

RMC Hurler and Planet Snoopy Addition. Hurler Stuff: Red Track, added 20ft to the hieght of the ride, barrel down drop and a 200* reverse stall. A double up followed by a double down and some cool banking. Maybe rename it Firehawk?

Anyone want to predict the coaster and stats?

Well...

Call me a fanboy or an idiot with no common sense...

But I don't think Hurler is getting RMC'ed.

IF it's getting a big retrack, I think it would be from GCI or with RMC TOPPER TRACK.

Maybe the layout would change a little, (Like change a couple of the airtime hills into a double down...) but I wouldn't expect some BIG layout changes.

I could possibly expect a B&M Winged, Flying, or Hyper if Hurler doesn't get a big retrack. (Winged or Flying would be 100-200 feet, if not a bit taller. Hyper is obviously 200-299 feet. Winged or Flying probably 3-6 inversions with a length of 2,500-4,000 feet with a possible launched wing coaster. Hyper probably 4,000 to 6,000 feet with a speed between 70 and 90 mph.)

I think they could POSSIBLY get Valleyfair's Enterprise, but we'll just see.

Canada's Wonderland hasn't announced their 2017 addition, so it's a possibility they could get the big B&M. (Ziz?)

Also:

Can't wait for whatever gets announced so madmax would shut the hell up

Anyone know how early I should get there to be one of the first 500 passholders?

I needs my beauty sleep.

I recommend at least an hour and a half in advance, be ready to speedwalk since you might get clogged up in security. A hundred or more passholders might already be there due to the coaster campout.

(Shame I can't be there, I'm on a plane back to RVA all day tomorrow, so I'll find out a few hours later on Instagram).

As for my predictions, IDK to be honest. I gave up hope of a new B&M a while back. I was hoping for RMC Hurler and Winterfest. In actuality, I think we'll see a GCI Hurler redo, maybe a flat or two and a retheming of the Hurler area. Maybe the Hurler/Ricochet could be rethemed to the '50s.

I'll be very happy and surprised if anything exceeding this is announced. The buzz on social media is a new coaster, although this is still purely hearsay.

/lurker post

Please, let's stop the personal attacks - this thread is becoming the punch line of forum jokes. Keep it civil, people!

Anyone know how early I should get there to be one of the first 500 passholders?

I needs my beauty sleep.

I recommend at least an hour and a half in advance, be ready to speedwalk since you might get clogged up in security. A hundred or more passholders might already be there due to the coaster campout.

(Shame I can't be there, I'm on a plane back to RVA all day tomorrow, so I'll find out a few hours later on Instagram).

As for my predictions, IDK to be honest. I gave up hope of a new B&M a while back. I was hoping for RMC Hurler and Winterfest. In actuality, I think we'll see a GCI Hurler redo, maybe a flat or two and a retheming of the Hurler area. Maybe the Hurler/Ricochet could be rethemed to the '50s.

I'll be very happy and surprised if anything exceeding this is announced. The buzz on social media is a new coaster, although this is still purely hearsay.

/lurker post

Please, let's stop the personal attacks - this thread is becoming the punch line of forum jokes. Keep it civil, people!

No way is GCI doing it. Already confirmed they're booked with 4 projects.

Can't wait for whatever gets announced so madmax would shut the hell up

I find it funny how harassing people for having an opinion is fine but making a joke that might be considered offensive is not.

No one's even harrassing you. Stop playing victim. You're the one spreading cancer around this thread with your cringe like over the top "speculation " then when someone disagree with your "opinion" you have the nerve to call someone a fanboy. The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

Well, construction logistics would dictate that a new, from scratch, major steel coaster is probably not the 2017 attraction for Kings Dominion. I305 construction started with land clearing and grading in early June. I don't see that happening for next year. Plus, if a major coaster was to replace Hurler in 2017, don't you think the existing ride would have been torn down by now?

It seems more reasonable to focus on Hurler getting a makeover. Who does the work and to what extent, remains to be seen. I would fathom that most of everyone's questions will be answered this Saturday.

My best guess is a Hurler makeover for 2017 as the main draw. There could be some secondary stuff thrown in for 2017.

Finish PTC Carousel restoration (maybe band organ restored and playing). 100th anniversary of this ride [1917-2017].

West end of Candy Apple Grove gets makeover. Finish replacing asphalt with brick pavers / new landscaping.

Maybe a addition of an golden oldie flat ride or two.

Action Theater gets something like what CGA or Carowinds received this year (Mass Effect or Plants vs. Zombies)

That's approximately what I think. RMC Hurler, Mass Effect, Candy Apple

Grove upgrades, and possibly that refurbished enterprise from Valleyfair.

That's really asking for a lot.

When I listed those other things Madmax, I was not expecting all the above to be done for 2017. Maybe one or two; in addition to the Hurler makeover. It was a list of possibilities.

Darn, too bad I can't go to the passholder announcement on Saturday. Oh well. I'm surprised there's actually going to be an event of sorts. Last year, there wasn't one for Delirium, right? There really must be something up their sleeve if there's an announcement with passholders.

The last time KD did a seasonal attraction announcement in the theater was about 4 years ago. That was for the old kids area getting a Planet Snoopy makeover.