TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Everybody here could be wrong it could end up being winterfest and a new show, But guessing is what's fun it doesn't have to be logical all the time.

Guessing is fun until someone like madax starts going after everyone who points out his obvious BS and logical fallacies.

Nothing wrong with fallacies.

EDIT:

A fallacy is a mistake in reasoning, but doesn't mean that someone's argument is wrong.

Fun fact: It's a fallacy to assume someone is wrong because their argument contains a fallacy.

Well, they certainly seen to be hyping things a bit this year. If you guys don't typically see that, maybe it does "mean" something. What it DOES NOT mean, is that there is a Hyper coming in 2017, because there's absolutely ZERO reason to think that. If it is indeed RMC Hurler, that will more than adequately fill any alleged "gaps" in the park's lineup...

Please take your "sound logic" and "common sense" and get out. There's no place for that type of crap here.

Well, they certainly seen to be hyping things a bit this year. If you guys don't typically see that, maybe it does "mean" something. What it DOES NOT mean, is that there is a Hyper coming in 2017, because there's absolutely ZERO reason to think that. If it is indeed RMC Hurler, that will more than adequately fill any alleged "gaps" in the park's lineup...

Please take your "sound logic" and "common sense" and get out. There's no place for that type of crap here.

I literally laughed out loud!

Seriously though, I almost felt like I was spoiling the fanboy dreaming bringing that in here, but I felt it had to be done. I'm still trying to figure out why anybody's talking about anything NOT related to Hurler??? At this point, I'm convinced it's either going to be RMC'd (My prediction, and to be honest, hope), or GCI'd. Anything else, would be surprising, from analyzing the situation's progression.

If it is a coaster, which do you think is more likely? RMC Hurler or a wing rider?

Where the hell did you get wing rider from?

It's definitely looking like hurler will become the first coaster in the Cedar Fair chain to get the Iron Horse!

Because of the track found at the factory (and to replace Hurler's spot). But I think the RMC is most likely.

Predictions:

110 ft tall

Inverted drop

3500 ft (I think they will expand the layout believe it or not)

55-60 mph

3 inversions

Ineractions with Grizzly

CENTURION (yup, I'm predicting they're finally using that trademark).

TIME FOR PREDICTION THAT MIGHT MAKE NO SENSE WHATSOEVER TO SOME PEOPLE

Well, Snoopy.

He's in the teasers.

What does Snoopy have to do with Hurler?

Not much...

But what is Snoopy?

The Flying Ace

What kind of coaster kind of sounds like this?

A flying coaster.

What major company that works with Cedar Fair that makes flying coasters?

B&M.

B&M Flying Coaster for 2017?

That's my shot at making this thread go insane.

At this point, I'd expect some RMC work on Hurler. I still wouldn't be shocked if it was another company (GCI) though.

I was thinking... Is there any chance that we could see some refurb of the area or some work on Hypersonic? Maybe they will finally take all that crap down if they upgrade Hurler's layout.

Who knows... something is gonna happen

Honestly at this point, I'm pretty much ambivalent to whatever happens. If they give Hurler the Iron Horse treatment, great. If they get another B&M, great. If they get another flat ride, great. I just don't think it's worth all this arguing and fighting....

This thread:

KD Fanboy: *Pulls idea for roller coaster from seemingly nowhere* (e.g. B&M winged coaster)

Non-KD Fanboy: No it's RMC Hurler that's most likely!

*repeat continously*

Me: NO GUYS IT'S A B&M WINGED FLYING 4D 500 FOOT AQUATRAX DONKEY GRIZZLY/HURLER RMC HYBRID ENTERPRISE FROM VALLEYFAIR!!!!!!!!!!

Well, construction logistics would dictate that a new, from scratch, major steel coaster is probably not the 2017 attraction for Kings Dominion. I305 construction started with land clearing and grading in early June. I don't see that happening for next year. Plus, if a major coaster was to replace Hurler in 2017, don't you think the existing ride would have been torn down by now?

It seems more reasonable to focus on Hurler getting a makeover. Who does the work and to what extent, remains to be seen. I would fathom that most of everyone's questions will be answered this Saturday.

My best guess is a Hurler makeover for 2017 as the main draw. There could be some secondary stuff thrown in for 2017.

Finish PTC Carousel restoration (maybe band organ restored and playing). 100th anniversary of this ride [1917-2017].

West end of Candy Apple Grove gets makeover. Finish replacing asphalt with brick pavers / new landscaping.

Maybe a addition of an golden oldie flat ride or two.

Action Theater gets something like what CGA or Carowinds received this year (Mass Effect or Plants vs. Zombies)