TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

The implication that postponing the date for 2 days could "mean" that a hyper is coming. That's what's funny.

And does anyone remember that you have a wood coaster just sitting there which is closed for an entire season "for maintenance" with very little maintenance visibly happening which is pretty much unprecedented? Why isn't everyone focused on that in regards to 2017 expansion plans? That's where I'd be focusing my attention if I were you. Not on some (probably) B&M hyper that would be hilariously underwhelming in a park that already has I305.

What's funny? It's not out of the question to build a hyper.

Why stop at hyper? What about a strata?

You know what, screw stratas. Make it the world's first terra coaster. And have B&M build it.

Sorry... I think there would have been a little more hype if it was a hyper (pun not intended).

You know what, screw stratas. Make it the world's first terra coaster. And have B&M build it.

Sorry... I think there would have been a little more hype if it was a hyper (pun not intended).

Well they haven't gotten a new coaster since I305 so they are well overdue for a new coaster. I'm not sure they would wait this long to add something mediocre like a skyrocket II plus Busch has that. The only gap in there line up is a Hyper Coaster.

The implication that postponing the date for 2 days could "mean" that a hyper is coming. That's what's funny.

And does anyone remember that you have a wood coaster just sitting there which is closed for an entire season "for maintenance" with very little maintenance visibly happening which is pretty much unprecedented? Why isn't everyone focused on that in regards to 2017 expansion plans? That's where I'd be focusing my attention if I were you. Not on some (probably) B&M hyper that would be hilariously underwhelming in a park that already has I305.

Umm... how about a hyper or whatever replacing Hurler?

Why are you guys trying so hard to disprove a coaster?

From what I've heard, the park is similar to Dorney in the way that a lot of coasters are walk-ons or short waits most days. Cedar Fair won't drop 20-30 million to build a hyper coaster that won't generate a line after 2-3 years.

I wish every park would have a hyper coaster and build coasters on a regular basis, but there's a business side to things too. An RMC or GCI treatment of Hurler is much more cost friendly, and probably profitable for them.

From what I've heard, the park is similar to Dorney in the way that a lot of coasters are walk-ons or short waits most days. Cedar Fair won't drop 20-30 million to build a hyper coaster that won't generate a line after 2-3 years.

I wish every park would have a hyper coaster and build coasters on a regular basis, but there's a business side to things too. An RMC or GCI treatment of Hurler is much more cost friendly, and probably profitable for them.

KD's lines are mostly not walk-ons. Volcano, Intimidator, Flight of fear, and Backlot Stunt coaster always have lines that are at least 30 mins. Anaconda is definitely long because of the lack of a fast lane line.

Intimidator...always have lines that are at least 30 mins.

Once again (lol I'm exercising a lot more patience than normal today) I was laughing at the implication that the announcement being 2 days later than the other ones meant anything regarding what they were getting. I was not laughing at the idea that they're getting a hyper (I mean, I was privately but who am I to crush your dreams?)

But since you brought it up, yeah I'm sure they left Hurler sitting there all year closed and haven't started removing it because they're planning on tearing it down, clearing a bunch of additional land and building a hupercoaster that'll totally be ready for opening day 2017 in mid to late March.

Operations drastically improved with Delirium replacing Sh*twave, so we'll see

Do you even know what words mean or do you just throw a few in some random order, say "Yeah that sounds good" and move on? "Operations" improved because they got rid of Shockwave? Nobody was talking about that, and even if that point did make sense (which it doesn't by the way) what the hell would that have to do with ANYTHING we're talking about?

Edited by coasterbill

Why are you guys trying so hard to disprove a coaster?

It's honestly not that hard considering that everything provided as evidence so far consists of wild speculation or significant extrapolation of facts.

I have this issue sometimes when training new investigators at work. Some people seem to just lack the ability to apply rationale thought and reasoning to the facts available at hand in order to arrive at an educated, sensible conclusion.

Want it boiled down to a two-word phrase? Fine. Common sense. Common sense tells me that a two-day gap in announcements does not equate to a potential hyper coaster. That's extrapolation at its finest. Simply put, there's no evidence yet that there's a hyper, and a hyper (as previously pointed out) would have created more hype behind the announcement by now.

But since you brought it up, yeah I'm sure they left Hurler sitting there all year closed and haven't started removing it because they're planning on tearing it down, clearing a bunch of additional land and building a hupercoaster that'll totally be ready for opening day 2017 in mid to late March.

Hey look, a reasonable, rationale assessment based on available facts! And wrapped up with a healthy dose of sarcasm, too, my favorite kind! Want a job?

This whole SnoopinAround thing really does make me think that it might have something to do with planet snoopy rather than Hurler

What is there to do with Planet Snoopy?

Possibly the fact that Snoopy has been in all the teaser pictures, you don't see that?

This whole SnoopinAround thing really does make me think that it might have something to do with planet snoopy rather than Hurler

Ummm...you do realize that they just re-themed Planet Snoopy a couple of years ago, right?

Yes, they could add in a new ride or two in PS, but I don't think that's the entire announcement.