TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

^^-- I'm sure they're looking at each other! But yeah...

I had to go and check the "white paint dot" myself. It's way back there in the dead end behind the Zombie High building, they had to work a bit so you don't see the fence curves just beyond in the Snoopy picture. There's nothing much else back there but Hypersonic ruins. Could be anything or nothing, but if they were to put in a new coaster it would be good to reuse some space there! I'll put in a guess for B&M inverted. Flat ride is certainly possible, not sure the exact location makes sense. The clues show Snoopy in 3 different spots, is this all one thing?

Edit: looking at maps, the dot makes more sense as a flat ride than part of a coaster. The easier space to reclaim is mostly asphalt between Grizzly and Hurler. Unless they take out trees too. https://www.google.com/maps/@37.8368539,-77.4467618,149m/data=!3m1!1e3

Edited by bill_s

I'm not guaranteeing a coaster comes but if it were just a family ride they wouldn't tease three weeks in advance and have the announcement on a separate day as the other Cedar Fair parks. They can't just deliberately piss off fans and visitors (teasing one day in advance doesn't count as "pissing off" like with Delirium).

Also keep in mind that RMC has no other projects that we know of, so they EASILY could focus on this one.

I think it's safe to say it's not going to be a NEW major coaster coming in 2017 because we would already see track/supports in the parking lot, footers, land clearing (minus the land clearing behind I305 whatever that was for)... Right?!? I wish something would leak! I'm too impatient- patience is not my greatest virtue

I'm not guaranteeing a coaster comes but if it were just a family ride they wouldn't tease three weeks in advance and have the announcement on a separate day as the other Cedar Fair parks. They can't just deliberately piss off fans and visitors (teasing one day in advance doesn't count as "pissing off" like with Delirium).

Also keep in mind that RMC has no other projects that we know of, so they EASILY could focus on this one.

Worlds of Fun started teasing in April and all they're probably getting is some used flats, a new front gate, and Winterfest.

Worlds of Fun started teasing in April and all they're probably getting is some used flats, a new front gate, and Winterfest.

I don't get why people downplay winter events. The ability to ride major coasters in the winter without traveling is seriously awesome. Holiday in the Park at Great Adventure is my favorite addition at that park since El Toro (and it's up against stiff competition with Safari Off Road Adventure and Zumanjaro).

I don't get why people downplay winter events. The ability to ride major coasters in the winter without traveling is seriously awesome. Holiday in the Park at Great Adventure is my favorite addition at that park since El Toro (and it's up against stiff competition with Safari Off Road Adventure and Zumanjaro).

I'm not downplaying it. I'm very excited. It's just not as exciting as a new, shiny steel coaster. And with Kansas City's climate, you'll be lucky to get on most of the flats, let alone the coasters.

Worlds of Fun also doesn't have a coaster that's been SBNO with blatant teasing around it, Mr. WOFanatic.

I'm not downplaying it. I'm very excited. It's just not as exciting as a new, shiny steel coaster. And with Kansas City's climate, you'll be lucky to get on most of the flats, let alone the coasters.

You never know. New Jersey is even further north and we power rode Nitro for an hour and a half at night in January with Boldikus. Batman ran like an absolute dream in the winter with a faster set of wheels even when it got down into the 20's so Patriot could probably run and run well.

You never know. New Jersey is even further north and we power rode Nitro for an hour and a half at night in January with Boldikus. Batman ran like an absolute dream in the winter with a faster set of wheels even when it got down into the 20's so Patriot could probably run and run well.

We'll see. I really hope you're right!

The Hurler decision could have been made only recently and they're using that as a feature. Back in April they didn't want us to get our hopes up but what they'll have should be at least as good as what was proposed. To me that would mean a coaster of some kind running there, but we'll see.

The Hurler decision could have been made only recently and they're using that as a feature. Back in April they didn't want us to get our hopes up but what they'll have should be at least as good as what was proposed. To me that would mean a coaster of some kind running there, but we'll see.

They definitely should have been a front runner to receive a new coaster. Instead parks like KI are getting crammed with coasters.

They also posted that they believed KD never gets a new coaster the same year as BGW or KI. Based on a quick unscientific review of the RCDB, they are correct.

This post really didn't get as much sh*t as it deserved. I'm glad it's not just me that looked at that in disbelief.

This post really didn't get as much sh*t as it deserved. I'm glad it's not just me that looked at that in disbelief.

As someone who is more of a lurker than a poster these days - thank you so much for keeping this thread somewhat stable. What goes through the minds of some people about KD just baffles me to the point where I don't know how to even begin typing a response.

Hopefully, all of this will be settled on August 20th...

In other news - the 2016 Halloween Haunt website went live today. As rumored, Blackout is replacing Club Blood and Trick-or-Treat will be replacing Slaughterhouse.

The Not-So-Sweet 16th Season of Halloween Haunt Features New Mazes and Shows

Terror lurks around every corner of Kings Dominion's Halloween Haunt

The creatures from your worst nightmares have made their way back to the midways of Kings Dominion for the not-so-sweet 16th season of Halloween Haunt. The frightful fun kicks off on Friday, September 30. Guests who are brave enough can enjoy nine mazes, six scare zones plus several live shows. If that isn't enough fun, get your thrill fix on more than 20 rides, including Intimidator 305 and the all-new Delirium, as fog and darkness blanket the park.

The horrors grow to epic proportions at Halloween Haunt as Kings Dominion introduces two brand new mazes and two all-new shows:

kd_trickortreat_micrositeheader.thumb.jpg.a1118029e902da5f00ddd4fae5541249.jpg

Trick-or-Treat

It's always Halloween on Hemlock Lane. The story picks up where the Fairy Tales ended - this clan of distraught witches were given a new start in this very special halfway house for wayward souls. Throughout the years the residents have worked to make their new home a welcoming place for their next victims. It's time to find out if a treat is in your future or if it's all just an evil trick.

kd_blackout_micrositeheader.thumb.jpg.f7a44eca3603dbae3585d5645fc3f6cc.jpg

Blackout

Are you frightened of the monster that lurks under your bed? Do you ever have the feeling that something bad is about to happen? Are you worried that there is a boogie man in the closet? The things that go bump in the night are waiting for you in this darkness filled realm of nightmares. Will anyone be there to hear you scream? What you can't see might hurt you... and in this case it will!

kd_bonecollectors_micrositeheader1.thumb.jpg.ac6d062d9488ae79d92d7feaaa1dff79.jpg

The Bone Collectors

Get a taste of the French Quarter with our New Orleans-inspired brass band. The Bone Collectors are leading our last rites in this unique ceremony for the newly departed. Presented nightly on the Grande Bandstand, we will also have special appearances throughout the park.

kd_overlords_micrositeheader.thumb.jpg.ae0ee82bdbb4df176ec759c340def5d1.jpg

The Overlord's Resurrection

The Overlord is back and spookier than ever in this new rendition of his resurrection that is sure to send shivers down your spine! Each evening as the clock strikes 7:00, he will summon his minions from the shadows and unleash them into the night to terrorize the most unsuspecting guests. Presented nightly at the Grande Bandstand on International Street.

You just have to wonder if Cedar Fair would go for Great Adventure's "Just run it until it valleys" weather policy.

I would love it if my local park went ahead with a winter event, but I kinda doubt it happening near me where highs in the 20's are considered a warmer day in January.

For some reason I keep thinking I305 will get more modified track work and remove the first turn after the drop. Dont freak out, I know it isnt happening and dont want it to happen, thats just the gut feeling I keep getting

thats just the gut feeling I keep getting

You may want to get your gut checked out ASAP.

Also, still no building permits on the Hanover County website.

Yes, I recommend Tums.