TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Anyone find it interesting that there are markers far outside Hurler,as well as the announcement date being different from all the other cedar fair parks (August 20th instead of the 18th)?

Where are those far out markers? They pictured Snoopy pointing at paint on the ground but I have no idea where that's located, or if there are any other marks.

He needs to get snoopin' over at Knotts where we are still waiting for our hyper

Oh, my sweet summer child. Spend some time at MIA or Great Escape and you'll be even more grateful for that awesome new GCI Ghostrider.

Honestly, if we're talking about single coasters at parks, I still would take Shivering Timbers over anything at Knotts!

I think a GCI is more likely. Why would they build a GCI at KI if they want to build a RMC at KD? CP still is up for grabs it seems, although they normally try to fake out the followers (RMC posts). That makes me believe they are going GCI too.

KD literally said they will not be GCI'ing Hurler.

I think a GCI is more likely. Why would they build a GCI at KI if they want to build a RMC at KD? CP still is up for grabs it seems, although they normally try to fake out the followers (RMC posts). That makes me believe they are going GCI too.

Where? When they said they'll be doing it *in house*?

In their teaser they said no, it's not a GCI. If it was in house they wouldn't have done two weeks worth of teasing.

In their teaser they said no, it's not a GCI. If it was in house they wouldn't have done two weeks worth of teasing.

Maybe I have to watch it again but I don't recall the GM saying "it's not a GCI." He just read popular rumors and laughed.

I'll eat my words if I'm wrong but yes, they would tease it because they're investing money into an attraction regardless.

"in house" ??

OMG. .that means no Engineers are even going to be looking at the plans!

(why yes, I get all my Roller Coaster info from the "accident at Schlitterbahn" thread)

"in house" ??

(why yes, I get all my Roller Coaster info from the "accident at Schlitterbahn" thread)

"in house" ??

Exactly

I'll eat my words if I'm wrong but yes, they would tease it because they're investing money into an attraction regardless.

I don't recall Carowinds advertising the retracking of Thunder Road, or the partial retracking of Hurler at Carowinds... Which I felt was a mistake. More recently, they did promote Ghost Rider... So who knows.

I think Cedar Fair knows best how wildly successful Thunder Road's overhaul was. I'm going to bet that they wont take that path again, unless the public already loves the ride as-is. The public does not like Hurler. At both parks, you'll find single train operations and station-long wait times. Ghost Rider was always one of Knott's most popular rides. This is an important difference.

We'll know soon enough, just my reasoning for why I think we'll see something new.

Because GCI doesn't offer I Box conversions so if this does turn out to be one then they've got to go with them. Sure you could wonder why they would'nt just go for an RMC as well at KI, but maybe they feel that GCI is better for what they want there. All down to their choice. That's kinda like saying a company in this business should go with all the same manufacturers for all their new rides, they just don't usually do that, although i do get what you're saying.

I'm starting to lose hope that there will be a new coaster or a Hurler RMC transformation... Usually someone on TPR has leaked the plans by now and/or has found trademark purchases etc... Does anyone else feel this way?

Unfortunately, I think you are correct. Someone posted on another forum that they thought the area near Juke Box Diner would get revitalized for 2017 with the addition of some family friendly flats. They also posted that they believed KD never gets a new coaster the same year as BGW or KI. Based on a quick unscientific review of the RCDB, they are correct.

They also posted that they believed KD never gets a new coaster the same year as BGW or KI. Based on a quick unscientific review of the RCDB, they are correct.

roller coasters are planned years in advance and i'm preeeeetty sure BGW and KD don't check with each other before installing new rides.

I'm starting to lose hope that there will be a new coaster or a Hurler RMC transformation... Usually someone on TPR has leaked the plans by now and/or has found trademark purchases etc... Does anyone else feel this way?

Sadly, yeah. My only hope is that KD realized they need something big to compete with BG.

Does anybody know how KD is doing financially? Can they afford anything big in the first place?