TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Not to get too far away from this Hurler talk... but does anyone in this thread think taking a detour to SFA for a few hours in the morning (10am to noon or 1) would be worth it if it cut into my time at KD? I fly into DC early in the morning on Saturday 8/27 and was going to give KD the full day, but all the Virginia parks are new to me so, input appreciated.

I'm not really into chasing credits anymore and nothing at SFA really seems worthwhile (I've been on SFNE's Bizarro), but I know people here have opinions.

Not to get too far away from this Hurler talk... but does anyone in this thread think taking a detour to SFA for a few hours in the morning (10am to noon or 1) would be worth it if it cut into my time at KD?

This is a no brainer - No. Don't waste even 2 more minutes contemplating visiting SFA. Go forth and enjoy KD which is better in every single way!

If you're burnt out on KD and SFA is new ground for you, then SFA can be a nice change, it's not a terrible park. In your case, if you had 2 days then that plan would work on 1 of the days. As it is, just not worth the trouble, unless there's a specific ride there you want to dash in and ride. I was up in that direction yesterday and considered going up there and just couldn't get excited about it, having already been to SFA 5 times in the last 2 years.

If there was enough time, stopping at Six Flags America for a couple hours for Wild One, Roar (there was even more re-tracking so there's no excuses), Superman, Batwing and Joker's Jinx would be a good idea. But the rest of the coasters aren't interesting and their flat rides are pretty generic. Also, it would only be genuinely enjoyable if it was before the Summer season.

Not to get too far away from this Hurler talk... but does anyone in this thread think taking a detour to SFA for a few hours in the morning (10am to noon or 1) would be worth it if it cut into my time at KD? I fly into DC early in the morning on Saturday 8/27 and was going to give KD the full day, but all the Virginia parks are new to me so, input appreciated.

I'm not really into chasing credits anymore and nothing at SFA really seems worthwhile (I've been on SFNE's Bizarro), but I know people here have opinions.

I did this because I love experiencing as many parks and coasters as possible. SFA isn't as bad as people make it out to be and Superman and Wild One are both worth going out of the way a bit for, but honestly you will probably regret not having more time at KD.

I have been to KD 4 times and I cut a day in half for SFA once, and the drive took much longer than expected because there is always construction and traffic between the two parks. The only way I would suggest cutting KD short for SFA is if you start at KD and feel satisfied enough to leave or if you visit KD enough that you know you will be back soon.

KD can be a half day park with Fast Lane Plus but it isn't nearly as enjoyable as a full day.

Thanks guys for posting the fb and twitter teasers for those of us who don't check that sort of thing! Trying to keep my hopes low in case it isn't an RMC but these latest teasers are encouraging. Where is the paint pictured/mentioned located? I must have missed that talk and browsed back a couple pages but didn't see it mentioned.

With all the teasing, why is it Snoopy that is being the spokes person? Is he just the most recognizable being related to the park and so they're using him in the campaign? I'm aware that the main Planet Snoopy is at the opposite end of the park, but could this possibly have something to do with a more family-related attraction? Or should I go rest my water-logged brain?

With all the teasing, why is it Snoopy that is being the spokes person? Is he just the most recognizable being related to the park and so they're using him in the campaign? I'm aware that the main Planet Snoopy is at the opposite end of the park, but could this possibly have something to do with a more family-related attraction? Or should I go rest my water-logged brain?

Well, Snoopy (And the rest of the Peanuts gang) is basically the park mascot, so it would make sense for him to be the spokesperson.