TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

The thing that's great about RMC is that their coasters are thrilling to the max even when more compact. I'm sure if they get the chance they would make Hurler into an ultra thrilling Twisted/Iron/Wicked/New Hurler.

So I was at the park yesterday and basically nothing at all has changed for so long. That bulldozer in the land clearing hasn't moved since I last went. And with the exception of the new handrails on the first drop, Hurler hasn't changed at all. What is going on???

So I was at the park yesterday and basically nothing at all has changed for so long. That bulldozer in the land clearing hasn't moved since I last went. And with the exception of the new handrails on the first drop, Hurler hasn't changed at all. What is going on???

KD is going to turn that bulldozer into their version of Diggerland.

More proof of Iron Hurler.

Okay seriously, are you trolling?

The most that Hurler will get is a GCI re-tracking. Canada's Wonderland would usually get an RMC first, especially since Cedar Fair didn't even work with them yet. And Mine Buster or Wild Beast would both make good RMC coasters. Hurler will probably get fixed up a little bit, but I don't see anything drastic happening to it. It just doesn't make sense and there's no solid evidence.

That's proof of a renovation. Proof of Iron Hurler would be RMC showing up to Kings Dominion and giving them a nice "what's up?"

The most that Hurler will get is a GCI re-tracking. Canada's Wonderland would usually get an RMC first, especially since Cedar Fair didn't even work with them yet. And Mine Buster or Wild Beast would both make good RMC coasters. Hurler will probably get fixed up a little bit, but I don't see anything drastic happening to it. It just doesn't make sense and there's no solid evidence.

I don't think Wild Beast at Canada's Wonderland would receive the RMC treatment as a lot of re-tracking had occurred during the 2014/2015 and 2015/2016 off-seasons. I believe they have plans on re-tracking the rest of the coaster during the next off-season. Also, I don't see Mighty Canadian Minebuster receiving the RMC treatment either mostly because about a month and a half ago there was a maintenance member and an official from maintenance department walking underneath and alongside the track pointing at certain sections of the track. Since then, new pieces of lumber have been appearing along certain parts of the track so, I'm thinking that Mighty Canadian Minebuster may be next to get re-tracked like Wild Beast has been receiving over the past two off-seasons.

^Well since those two aren't getting an RMC treatment, and it's hard to tell if we're going to have an RMC Mean Streak. I really think that Cedar Fair is just sticking to GCI restorations and normal re-trackings, and that's sort of Cedar Fair's version of Iron Horse coasters anyway.

Yes. I'm trying to get you angry. You seem riled up that Canada's Wonderland isn't getting anything this year.

Yes. I'm trying to get you angry. You seem riled up that Canada's Wonderland isn't getting anything this year.

How anyone can read what is going on and think he is 'riled up' is obviously out of touch with reality. Why don't you just quit while you're behind? All he is trying to do is bring a little reality to this conversation. Nothing more. Nothing less.

And this is coming from someone who does not consider either park my home park. I want the best for all Cedar Fair parks. But just because IOE has all but confirmed they are working on Hurler does not mean that RMC is working on it. At all.

If anything, I really think that Cedar Fair will RMC Mean Streak and see how it turns out before doing any other projects. They want to see what type of draw it will bring to the park and if the refurbishment investment outweighs or equals that of building a new coaster entirely. IOE has done a lot of independent work, they aren't solely an RMC contractor. They even updated the controls for Valleyfair's Mad Mouse last year.

It seems like you're riled up that Kings Dominion probably won't get an RMC.

And also Canada's Wonderland got a really awesome-looking ride this year, are you trying to say they aren't getting anything in 2017?

It seems like you're riled up that Kings Dominion probably won't get an RMC.

And also Canada's Wonderland got a really awesome-looking ride this year, are you trying to say they aren't getting anything in 2017?

Don't forget Skyhawk

Come on man don't act all immature. You're making us all KD fans look bad by saying dumb crap like that. How old are you? 12? And so what if all we might get is a retracking? If it doesn't satisfiy you then just don't ride and hope for something better to come in the future years.

So, I wanted to share my first experience at KD.

I was in DC for a family reunion and the last day everyone was off doing their own things so my boyfriend and I ended up heading to KD for a couple hours in the morning. We got there for early entry. The options were Crypt and Volcano. We don't like top spins, so it was straight to Golcano. Unfortunately Volcano was delayed... until after 12 lol. So we did head to i305 and it happened to be open early so we jumped on that. We ended up breaking down on the break run for about 15 minutes.

We loved intimidator. So much so, my boyfriend turns to me and goes, "Millenium Force can take a lesson from that!" I couldn't help but agree. I just felt like i305 fit my preference for a coaster more closely than MF does. So after that, we went to stunt coaster. I liked it at Kings Island so I figured I'd like it here. After that we hit Anacondo. I expected pain and that's exactly what we got lol. It was fun... just did what a Vekoma does best lol. By this time we wanted a rest and water it was so hot out. So we went over to Volcano and just waited for it to open. We were the first ones there and waited for a good half hour for it to open. When they finally opened the queue, we went straight for front row and got first train of the day. I did enjoy Volcano. Not as much as I thought, but it's a ride I would like to do again in the future. We decided it was time to go and hit Dominator on the way out. I really liked it! It was so smooth and had some cool elements that I'd never experienced on a floorless coaster before.

All in all it was a really beautiful park and had some fun rides. i305 is definitely a top coaster for me now and was absolutely our highlight of the day!

Thanks again guys for the recommendations. You all helped make our first trip better!

I could not care less what Canada's Wonderland gets. I live in Kansas City, and have no plans to visit Canada any time soon.

The only reason I'd like Canada to get something over KD is to see the fanboys in this thread cry for yet another 12 months.

I have a thing for Anaconda. I really sort of like the thing. It's ugly as sin but I don't find it rough.

See I'm the opposite, I find it beautiful sitting on top of the the water. However, it gave me crazy whiplash on my one and ONLY ride I'll ever take on that thing.