TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

KD could very well be getting an RMC this year. Source? The Cedar Point board. And keep in mind these guys always poke fun at KD fanboys. Apparently RMC's ally dropped a hint at RMC Hurler.

It's been a confirmed in-house project since the park opened for the season. Seriously.... can this rumor die already?

The hints that RMC themselves dropped was clear as day pointing at Hurler.

I have not seen RMC give any hints? Source? Or are you talking about the hints that Irvine Ondrey Engineering posted on fb about getting the Cedar Fair contract? Because you do know that IOE works with GCI as well as RMC, correct?

Either way they said it's a large project, and all signs point to Hurler. So no, it's not entirely in-house. What leads me to think it's RMC is them saying they're booked for 2017 along with GCI already working with BGW down south.

They could be giving mean streak the iron horse treatment for all we know man.. So we all don't know for sure.

KD could very well be getting an RMC this year. Source? The Cedar Point board. And keep in mind these guys always poke fun at KD fanboys. Apparently RMC's ally dropped a hint at RMC Hurler.

It's been a confirmed in-house project since the park opened for the season. Seriously.... can this rumor die already?

I have not seen RMC give any hints? Source? Or are you talking about the hints that Irvine Ondrey Engineering posted on fb about getting the Cedar Fair contract? Because you do know that IOE works with GCI as well as RMC, correct?

Either way they said it's a large project, and all signs point to Hurler. So no, it's not entirely in-house. What leads me to think it's RMC is them saying they're booked for 2017 along with GCI already working with BGW down south.

They could be giving mean streak the iron horse treatment for all we know man.. So we all don't know for sure.

They said no, it's not Cedar Point.

When someone on IOE's facebook post said Cedar Point, they corrected him and mentioned it was for Cedar Fair, not necessarily Cedar Point. When someone replied with Hurler, they said they would post all the details when they are allowed to. So in the poster above's defense, all signs do point toward Hurler at KD. With that said, IOE does work with GCI, RMC, and other companies.

When someone on IOE's facebook post said Cedar Point, they corrected him and mentioned it was for Cedar Fair, not necessarily Cedar Point. When someone replied with Hurler, they said they would post all the details when they are allowed to. So in the poster above's defense, all signs do point toward Hurler at KD. With that said, IOE does work with GCI, RMC, and other companies.

Has an addition of a single helix in the layout been ruled out? I'd love to see the reactions if that happens.

Ironically, that's the one project they admitted is not the case. So we do know for sure.

Actually no, it hasn't confirmed to be in-house. The hints that RMC themselves dropped was clear as day pointing at Hurler. And it's not just KD fanboys saying this. Even Cedar Point fanboys acknowledged that it's happening to KD's Hurler. It only makes sense with Hurler being closed this long.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28853&start=31800

https://m.facebook.com/IrvineOndreyEngineering/photos/a.475305665826794.115576.474347982589229/1200454699978550/?type=3&theater

Here:

Confirms that the park is working on it.

Edited by WOFanatic

For those who don't want to sit through a painful video, the relevant time is at 1:15.

" so, Hurler is going to be closed for the season. With those older wooden roller coasters sometimes they just require a little bit of extra maintenance. So it's hurlers turn to get that extra maintenance. We'll be doing extensive rehab on that, and our plan is to reopen it for the 2017 season."

For those who don't want to sit through a painful video, the relevant time is at 1:15.

" so, Hurler is going to be closed for the season. With those older wooden roller coasters sometimes they just require a little bit of extra maintenance. So it's hurlers turn to get that extra maintenance. We'll be doing extensive rehab on that, and our plan is to reopen it for the 2017 season."

Thank you! I was gonna just put the quote, but the source police wouldn't have found that acceptable.

Actually no, it hasn't confirmed to be in-house. The hints that RMC themselves dropped was clear as day pointing at Hurler. And it's not just KD fanboys saying this. Even Cedar Point fanboys acknowledged that it's happening to KD's Hurler. It only makes sense with Hurler being closed this long.

https://m.facebook.com/IrvineOndreyEngineering/photos/a.475305665826794.115576.474347982589229/1200454699978550/?type=3&theater

Here:

One problem: that was months ago. This thing from IOE was just yesterday. Unless they say otherwise, all signs point to Hurler getting external treatment.

Here:

One problem: that was months ago. This thing from IOE was just yesterday. Unless they say otherwise, all signs point to Hurler getting external treatment.

And they reminded everyone today that they do things other than PLCs for coasters.

Back story folks: Anne and Brian are not spring chickens to the hobby. Brian is from Pittsburgh, Anne from Michigan and a Cedar Point regular growing up. They've been on these intarweb forums for roughly 20 years and none of this would be considered secrets. Based on the clues given it is probably A) a Cedar Point ride B) not Mean Streak. That's a wide list of potential attractions. It could be Dragster or Maverick given that both have control systems which have been rumored to not work as well with full train capacity than with 4-5. It could be the skyride. It could be a more antiquated ride like Magnum or Gemini. It could be Windseeker (which some control changes could be significant to). Calm. Down.

Here:

And they reminded everyone today that they do things other than PLCs for coasters.

Back story folks: Anne and Brian are not spring chickens to the hobby. Brian is from Pittsburgh, Anne from Michigan and a Cedar Point regular growing up. They've been on these intarweb forums for roughly 20 years and none of this would be considered secrets. Based on the clues given it is probably A) a Cedar Point ride B) not Mean Streak. That's a wide list of potential attractions. It could be Dragster or Maverick given that both have control systems which have been rumored to not work as well with full train capacity than with 4-5. It could be the skyride. It could be a more antiquated ride like Magnum or Gemini. It could be Windseeker (which some control changes could be significant to). Calm. Down.

They said "large" project, which means coaster.

I appreciate the feedback on which rides to hit. We made it here and are just waiting for 10 to roll around so that we can hit early entry. I guess it's Volcano and The Crypt today.

Best rows to make sure we ride today on the coasters?

I've been dying to ride i305 for ever.

I appreciate the feedback on which rides to hit. We made it here and are just waiting for 10 to roll around so that we can hit early entry. I guess it's Volcano and The Crypt today.

Make sure to do Volcano in the front. It's not only the smoothest but the launch feels amazing in your face.

A) Possibly B) Doesn't mean it is a new ride even if it is. They've done work on existing and even antique rides (like the Kennywood Autorace).

Volcano - Front row and back row

Flight of Fear - No preference

Backlot - No preference

I305 - Row 15, Left side

Dominator - Front row and back row

Rebel Yell - Non-wheel seat

Grizzly - No preference

Volcano has been delayed for opening all day so far. We rode the other rides we wanted to ride and now just waiting for it to open. Then to Dominator and back to our reunion in DC lol. We will be sure to do front. Thanks all!

A large flat ride like Delirium would be considered large. Renovating an area of the park would be considered large. If they hype it up enough, anything can be considered a large project. From my memory, Kings Dominion was getting excited for what would become a Planet Snoopy expansion.

A large flat ride like Delirium would be considered large. Renovating an area of the park would be considered large. If they hype it up enough, anything can be considered a large project. From my memory, Kings Dominion was getting excited for what would become a Planet Snoopy expansion.

*ahem* The World's Largest PEANUTS-themed Children's Area .

Here:

This is the saddest and most desperate attempt for hope that I have ever seen. I know its hard to tell yourself that KD is lower in the food chain now, but it's something you have to do. To be honest, CF is perfectly fine keeping your collection like it is a lot longer than you think. You'd be surprised at how conservative the new team is. You'll be LUCKY to get a new coaster by 2020.

Here:

This is the saddest and most desperate attempt for hope that I have ever seen. I know its hard to tell yourself that KD is lower in the food chain now, but it's something you have to do. To be honest, CF is perfectly fine keeping your collection like it is a lot longer than you think. You'd be surprised at how conservative the new team is. You'll be LUCKY to get a new coaster by 2020.

Do you really expect a park to tell you the truth with what they are doing to a ride one whole year in advance. Just cause she said "blah blah look away nothing to see here" Does not mean that is true. Could be it failed inspection and they didn't know what to do.

Here:

Do you really expect a park to tell you the truth with what they are doing to a ride one whole year in advance. Just cause she said "blah blah look away nothing to see here" Does not mean that is true. Could be it failed inspection and they didn't know what to do.

Cedar Fair does not lie when teasing attractions. They misdirect, but they don't lie.

Here:

Cedar Fair does not lie when teasing attractions. They misdirect, but they don't lie.