TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

To start, please don't be rude, but I'd love to respectfully hear your opinions on this idea. Send Flight of Fear to World's of Fun to become their new 2017 or even 2018 addition. Use that Flight of Fear space for an Alien themed launched wing coaster for 2018. It could have a Furious Baco style pre show room before launching out of the building. It would be an out and back style wing coaster headed towards Dominator. Also, there was lime green track spotted outside the B&M Ohio plant, which would support this idea. Let me respectfully hear your ideas below

To start, please don't be rude, but I'd love to respectfully hear your opinions on this idea. Send Flight of Fear to World's of Fun to become their new 2017 or even 2018 addition. Use that Flight of Fear space for an Alien themed launched wing coaster for 2018. It could have a Furious Baco style pre show room before launching out of the building. It would be an out and back style wing coaster headed towards Dominator. Also, there was lime green track spotted outside the B&M Ohio plant, which would support this idea. Let me respectfully hear your ideas below

While I like the idea of a wing coaster at Kings Dominion, I don't see why any plans for the near future would involve removing FoF from the park.

While I like the idea of a wing coaster at Kings Dominion, I don't see why any plans for the near future would involve removing FoF from the park.

yeah, they've got tons of room. why go through the expense of removing and moving a coaster, particularly an indoor one with tons of props and theming?

^^-- there's no way to fit a B&M wing coaster in that building.

Re: Hurler, I rode it last year and it was the roughest ever, even with the trim brake. And I think one reason it got a trim brake in 2010 instead of proper maintenance is they were starting to throw ideas around about replacing it. But they may still have yet to actually decide. Anyway, I don't think it needed structural problems to be considered no longer operable, or at least worth guest's attention, or even to fail inspection. On the other hand, they did tear down and rebuild Carowinds' version's first turn, so it may have needed more than just new track. To get the ride back up to quality standards will take as much work than they've put in to Grizzly and Rebel Yell combined since 2008. Additional changes would be needed to keep it running that way for long.

Note, while Hurler was closed spring 2015, all I saw was changes in the handrails around the track similar to Grizzly and Woodstock. Perhaps they didn't meet code.

I'm sure some here wouldn't like a new Hurler even if RMC was let loose on it, but it was a legit ride at one time.

No, no, no... the building is being sent to Dorney and the ride is being sent to Worlds of Fun. Only the aliens would stay behind for theming on the new coaster. Please try to follow along.

No, no, no... the building is being sent to Dorney and the ride is being sent to Worlds of Fun. Only the aliens would stay behind for theming on the new coaster. Please try to follow along.

Here's something I would like to see: a winged hypercoaster.

Wild Eagle is sort of like that. Its lift is 210 feet, but the drop is only 135.

Sounds rattly.

None of the wing coasters I've been on were that rattly tbh

It appears that I'm in the minority because I think that the vest restraints are some of the most comfortable OTSRs I've been in (I say one of, because Intamin's new restraints (Maverick, I305) are insanely comfortable). For me, they fit just right and they don't feel uncomfortable at all, and I really like that there isn't anything that I could possibly hit my head on.

Haven't been to KD in a while. Heard there's some type of land clearing for fireworks? Anyone been to the park recently and saw it themselves? Also land clearing for fireworks sounds kinda odd to me isn't it kinda dangerous to put it very close to a roller coaster?