TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I would love to see an RMC hyper in the style of Skyrush (layout-wise).

I would love to see a unicorn that could fly that would give me hundred dollar bills every time I called it's name. You're not getting sh*t in that spot.

Edited by coasterbill

I was at the park Tuesday. I don't know if the Flyers have gotten better or if people saying they're "unsnappable" just don't know what they're doing. I find the KD flyers to be very easily snapped, to the point of being told to stop by the operator. Give them another shot.

Also has anyone been on the Carowinds Hurler since the GCI refurb? It's hard to imagine it was worth it, the layout just isn't that great.

I would love to see an RMC hyper in the style of Skyrush (layout-wise).

I would love to see a unicorn that could fly that would give me hundred dollar bills every time I called it's name. You're not getting sh*t in that spot.

why are you being so hostile and unfriendly?

They got a great addition this year. You have the most intense giga coaster on earth and they're taking the worst coaster in the park and making it good (though we don't know all the details) which is basically like getting a new coaster. Plus you're getting a new GCI an hour up the road.

Stop whining.

With KI getting a GCI and not a giga this year, there's hope for KD getting a good attraction this year and not getting screwed in the a** again.

If you ask me, Kings Dominion is still a better park than Kings Island even after Banshee, so just give KI some time to catch up.

With KI getting a GCI and not a giga this year, there's hope for KD getting a good attraction this year and not getting screwed in the a** again.

If you ask me, Kings Dominion is still a better park than Kings Island even after Banshee, so just give KI some time to catch up.

Only 3 posts total?

Signs point to this being a troll post

^Umm... how is preferring Kings Dominion to Kings Island "trolling"?

As a general rule I follow, if it's really had to tell if someone's trolling, they're probably not. It's just an unpopular or stupid (or in this case, not in your exact line of thinking) opinion.

Granted, I'm not a local, and yes, as a person who feels the nearest CF park to him is constantly getting the shaft (but legitimately, at least), I get it... Still, I'm always surprised in this thread at the attitudes of some KD fans who feel their park is neglected! I have very positive memories of KD from the only time I visited it, way back in 2002, and to my eyes, it only seems to have been improved by leaps and bounds since then! So I'm unsure as to why so many KD fans think CF doesn't care about KD, when clearly, it's a very nice Amusement Park!

Granted, I'm not a local, and yes, as a person who feels the nearest CF park to him is constantly getting the shaft (but legitimately, at least), I get it... Still, I'm always surprised in this thread at the attitudes of some KD fans who feel their park is neglected! I have very positive memories of KD from the only time I visited it, way back in 2002, and to my eyes, it only seems to have been improved by leaps and bounds since then! So I'm unsure as to why so many KD fans think CF doesn't care about KD, when clearly, it's a very nice Amusement Park!

Nobody thinks it's neglected. We're just ticked off we're getting the coaster shaft in favor of the same parks.

I'll take "Rebuilt Hurler" for 2017, Alex

Unfortunately I won't. Hurler is just a terrible ride. It's layout is too boring for GCI to do anything to it (unless they re-imagine the entire layout). RMC might make work their magic...

But quite honesty I'd rather they just burn the thing to the ground. Even the ashes would make a better attraction.

I was at the park Tuesday. I don't know if the Flyers have gotten better or if people saying they're "unsnappable" just don't know what they're doing. I find the KD flyers to be very easily snapped, to the point of being told to stop by the operator. Give them another shot.

Also has anyone been on the Carowinds Hurler since the GCI refurb? It's hard to imagine it was worth it, the layout just isn't that great.

I'm pretty sure that they're Bisch-Rocco Flyers that had some work on it done by Larson. But it's not a Larson entirely, so I could see how it could snap. I mean, the "unsnappable" flyers at Lake Compounce were snapping like crazy and was the best flat ride in the park. So I follow the rule that it's not a Larson, it can snap. Even when other people don't agree, that rule always seems to work for me no matter what.

Nobody thinks it's neglected. We're just ticked off we're getting the coaster shaft in favor of the same parks.

Um... So what you're saying is that you're getting neglected in the coaster department? Because that's exactly what I was referring to in my original post - KD fans feel their park isn't getting the attention from CF when it comes to coasters, that they deserve. That's exactly what you just acknowledged feeling, so...

My point still stands... KD has a fantastic collection of coasters as is, better than when I was there, and yet, you're unhappy because Cedar Point gets more coasters? Did you ever seriously think Cedar Fair wasn't going to put the most coasters in their crown jewel park, the place that started the entire company, and is known as "The Roller Coaster Capital of the world"? You have a Giga coaster... One of only four such coasters in the entire world! You also have Volcano, which is awesome, and one of the most unique coasters in the world! And then you have arguably the best Floorless coaster in the world! So I'm just not seeing neglect there, even in the coaster department... Again, feel free to check out MiA's virtually barren timeline of coaster additions since the 90's, if you want to see what neglect looks like!

I'll take "Rebuilt Hurler" for 2017, Alex

Unfortunately I won't. Hurler is just a terrible ride. It's layout is too boring for GCI to do anything to it (unless they re-imagine the entire layout). RMC might make work their magic...

I do agree with you here, however! I just don't see a GCI refurb of a coaster that has been mediocre from its inception, doing a whole lot for the ride experience, unless it's massively rebuilt. That's why I feel like the only way to "save" Hurler, is to RMC it. Can you imagine getting an RMC Hurler next season? All these years of "neglect" will feel like a distant memory, when you're riding that baby!