TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

WildFire isn't all that beautiful without the amazing setting. I agree that RMCs aren't the prettiest. I prefer wood (and wood-looking) coasters to have catwalks and rails along the side. That looks right to me.

The far out view of New Texas Giant is pretty, but on the ride or up close, the cross beams look awkward to me, particularly with the other coaster in that post, Iron Rattler.

As with the others, my complaints do not extend into the ride experience.

No offense, but RMC doesn't build beautiful coasters. They build ugly, mind blowing awesome coasters.

I don't care what she looks like. Is she fun the ride?

That's a question of taste

RMCs are beautiful. No. Matter. What.

I don't think you got it and your age isn't displayed so to be careful I'll just leave it as "agreed!"

Can someone get a pic of this land clearing?

CkSH2a4XEAA8dl1.jpg

#KDproject2017

weird. way too large an area for fireworks. the fact that it's right next to i305 in plain sight means it's probably not a storage facility. and it's way too far away to be a new ride.

i guess the optimist in me could say something like "well, it could be a turnaround for a big B&M ... " but i don't want to get my hopes up.

CkSH2a4XEAA8dl1.jpg

#KDproject2017

weird. way too large an area for fireworks. the fact that it's right next to i305 in plain sight means it's probably not a storage facility. and it's way too far away to be a new ride.

i guess the optimist in me could say something like "well, it could be a turnaround for a big B&M ... " but i don't want to get my hopes up.

Ooh! It's an RMC themed to bulldozers!

CkSH2a4XEAA8dl1.jpg

#KDproject2017

Ooh! It's an RMC themed to bulldozers!

Bulldozer

Bull Dozer

Bull Dozen

Kings Dominion is getting 12 dueling El Toro clones! AND DIGGERLAND T REX 2069 CUNTFIRMED!

Could it possibly be for a water park expansion? I've never been to the park but from what I've seen in pics and maps, that area is not far from the existing water park.

*EDIT* I just checked googlemaps and the area is farther away from the water park than I originally thought, so never mind.

^Not to mention the park just got a water park expansion last year.

Honestly I think it's nothing more than just a storage building as others have said. It's right next to the maintenance road for most of the coasters in Safari Village so I doubt it's an attraction of any kind.

This is nowhere near anything and you guys aren't getting sh*t in that spot. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Not... getting... sh*t.

There's a closed roller coaster just sitting there this year which the park is hinting at being temporary, there are RMC rumors at Cedar Point and they just had GCI refurbish a coaster in California in the same chain. That's where I'd focus my attention if I were you.

Does anybody remember how many projects RMC can take on in one year? It's four, isn't it?

At any rate, it doesn't seem like a simple GCI refurbish would solve all of the issues with Hurler... I mean, I could be wrong, not having ridden the new Ghostrider or Legend, but at least those coasters were better in the beginning than Hurler ever was. As such, an RMC treatment of Hurler DOES kind of make sense... Add to that the possibility of a custom wooden coaster at KI, and it's possible, at least, that three of RMC's projects for 2017 could be in the Cedar Fair chain! Even if it's a mix of GCI and RMC, at least Cedar Fair is starting to take improving their lackluster wooden coaster lineup a little more seriously, as that's long been one weak spot at their parks!