TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
Add me to the list of people who really enjoyed Shockwave. I could do without the neck snap entering the helix, but it kind of added to the intensity. I really enjoyed it just because of all that great standing airtime.

yeah, i'll join this crew. the ride wasn't great, but i do think it was underrated. that first drop actually was probably the third best first drop in the park behind i305 and Dominator. The loop had great g-forces as well. the rest of the ride was admittedly just something to be endured. my favorite part, though, was going completely limp right before the brake run at the end slammed the train to a stop. my arms and legs would go flying forward like a ragdoll. good times. finally, i will add that the blue/green paint scheme looked pretty great. (and its original navy/yellow was pretty nice too .. but that weird alternating pastels scheme it had through its middle age was horrendous)

Add me to the list of people who really enjoyed Shockwave. I could do without the neck snap entering the helix, but it kind of added to the intensity. I really enjoyed it just because of all that great standing airtime.

yeah, i'll join this crew. the ride wasn't great, but i do think it was underrated. that first drop actually was probably the third best first drop in the park behind i305 and Dominator. The loop had great g-forces as well. the rest of the ride was admittedly just something to be endured. my favorite part, though, was going completely limp right before the brake run at the end slammed the train to a stop. my arms and legs would go flying forward like a ragdoll. good times. finally, i will add that the blue/green paint scheme looked pretty great. (and its original navy/yellow was pretty nice too .. but that weird alternating pastels scheme it had through its middle age was horrendous)

Wow, that's pretty much my feelings towards it. I agree, the alternating color scheme was just BAD. I loved the green and teal, it made the ride an eye pleaser in my opinion. Two thing I disliked about it was the slow lift (typical for a TOGO, I know) and the turn before the brake run. that turn was just, simply put, really bad. Good thing I knew how to ride it, so I didn't have any real problem with it besides it throwing me around a bit.

Enough of Shockwave, who else is super pumped up for DELIRIUM?

The turn was awesome!!!! I mean it. I was still scared for an instant barrelling towards it up through the very last ride, the turn was intense but considering how things looked 5 feet earlier almost a relief to find nothing broken. Coaster greatness.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anybody seen an evac of anaconda from the MCBR? I was wondering how they would do it as it's over the lake. Is there a bridge or a tunnel that I'm not seeing? I can't find anything like that in any photos that I've seen.

Has anybody seen an evac of anaconda from the MCBR? I was wondering how they would do it as it's over the lake. Is there a bridge or a tunnel that I'm not seeing? I can't find anything like that in any photos that I've seen.

It looks like there is a staircase and a bridge leading towards the left of the picture below from the mid course brake run.

rcdb.com/92.htm#p=161 (just in case the picture does not show up above)

However since I have neither ridden Anaconda nor been to Kings Dominion yet, please correct me if I am wrong.

Hi All,

I just realized that I will be in Maryland for work June 6th-8th and I could extend the trip and go to King's Dominion. If I were to visit the park on the 9th, would I be able to hit all the rides in one day or would I need two days to do the job? I will be by myself and have no problem running from ride to ride, hurdling small children if required. I figure, the lines should be fairly short since it will be a weekday and early in the season. Also, do any of the rides have single rider lines?

Thanks in advance

~Matt

^The only rides you'd have to worry about having long lines are Volcano (which can be done quickly in the after rope drop) and... well, that's pretty much it. Flight of Fear and I-305 can be 30-45 minutes *occasionally* but never during the week when school is in session. One day is really plenty and you should have nothing to worry about. Get there 45 minutes before scheduled opening for Dominator early entry rides because it's not that well documented on the site.

Hi All,

I just realized that I will be in Maryland for work June 6th-8th and I could extend the trip and go to King's Dominion. If I were to visit the park on the 9th, would I be able to hit all the rides in one day or would I need two days to do the job? I will be by myself and have no problem running from ride to ride, hurdling small children if required. I figure, the lines should be fairly short since it will be a weekday and early in the season. Also, do any of the rides have single rider lines?

Thanks in advance

~Matt

I went on a weekday in mid July and it was empty. About single rider, from the things I've ridden so far (all of the roller coasters and some flats), I have yet to see a single rider line anywhere. At least, none that I recall. I would imagine that the river rapids ride would have a single rider line, but I may be confusing that with Dollywood's river rapid ride.

don't miss Woodstock Express in Camp Snoopy.

it's a Junior woodie with some fun pops of air in the back seat.

(and it's by far, the smoothest woodie in the park)

That's a really good tip. I couldn't believe it actually had decent airtime and the smoothness was out of this world! It reminded me of Grizzly at the same park and Comet from Hershey Park put together and shrunk. Definitely cannot miss this.