TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I still don't understand why people find anaconda to be rough. We took a back seat ride and a middle seat ride on it and it was the smoothest arrow we've ever ridden. It also had some great loops.

So I do agree to the term "enthusiasts are babies" on this one.

Or some enthusiasts simply have better taste than others. I find Anaconda to be a clunky mess that has no redeeming qualities after the initial drop and loop. If you like it, that's OK. Be happy that there will be at least one less person (namely, me) in front of you in line.

Does anyone know anything about El Dorado? It has been listed for sale on italintl site for years. Now it's not. So here are the options we have.

A: It was sold

B: It was scrapped

C: Going to another Cedar Fair park

D: "New" ride in Shockwave's old spot

Which one I guess we will find out later.

I'd put money on either of the first two. I haven't heard much about it but I'd assume it was scrapped. I want to say it was removed around 2009ish so there's no way they would leave it sitting in storage for 5+ years before they had any plans to remove Shockwave. If it was going to another park in the chain that would've happened a long time ago.

Does anyone know anything about El Dorado? It has been listed for sale on italintl site for years. Now it's not. So here are the options we have.

A: It was sold

B: It was scrapped

C: Going to another Cedar Fair park

D: "New" ride in Shockwave's old spot

Which one I guess we will find out later.

Well, being as KD has already announced Delirium for Candy Apple Grove, we can rule out "D."

Edited by cfc

Attention posters in the KD thread.

KEEP THIS DISCUSSION CIVIL.

In case you didn't hear me the first time . . .

I've cleaned up a minor flame war. No more of this, please. If you liked Shockwave, OK. If you hated Shockwave, OK. Pointlessly arguing with other members and name calling--NOT OK.

I now return you to the KD thread, which is already in progress. Thank you.

Attention posters in the KD thread.

In case you didn't hear me the first time . . .

I've cleaned up a minor flame war. No more of this, please. If you liked Shockwave, OK. If you hated Shockwave, OK. Pointlessly arguing with other members and name calling--NOT OK.

I now return you to the KD thread, which is already in progress. Thank you.

No, thank YOU.

What I don't understand is why is Kings Dominion removing shockwave instead of hurler? A lot of GP really liked shockwave because it's a stand up coaster so it's a cool experience. Hurler is just really bad, it is only close to being good in the front row, and I hear a lot of GP call it, "the bumpy one that hurts"

What I don't understand is why is Kings Dominion removing shockwave instead of hurler? A lot of GP really liked shockwave because it's a stand up coaster so it's a cool experience. Hurler is just really bad, it is only close to being good in the front row, and I hear a lot of GP call it, "the bumpy one that hurts"

I imagine it's a number of factors. My first guess is "location, location, location." They wanted to add Delirium to Candy Apple Grove, and perhaps that was the ideal spot. Hurler is a bit isolated. Plus, it can't be cheap maintaining an aging Togo coaster.

I imagine it's a number of factors. My first guess is "location, location, location." They wanted to add Delirium to Candy Apple Grove, and perhaps that was the ideal spot. Hurler is a bit isolated. Plus, it can't be cheap maintaining an aging Togo coaster.

I also imagine that there are many in the general public that looked at Shockwave and just said "hell no". Some people won't ride anything with loops, others just never want to ride a stand-up. Most people will at least try a wooden coaster.

Also, capacity certainly could have been an issue. People used to take a long time to load on Shockwave

My guesses on "why Shockwave now?":

- They're trying to make the park look better to compete with their closest competitor and this works better.

- Running out of parts for SWave. Maybe there was enough for a small park or someone willing to do more work to buy it.

- Need to begin the coaster replacement project now one way or another, more to come.

- Some possibility of rebuilding Hurler, not likely.

- Apparently they're not ready to build another new coaster quite yet, and Hurler's spot is a big one. Vs. in Shockwave's spot they would prefer something that leaves room to make the park look better not something that uses up the last little bit of greenery.

I did ride Hurler once this last year, you guys may have been overreacting before but you were right about this, now it's even worse! I wouldn't be surprised if Anaconda goes first though. Steel upkeep is less but they run out more suddenly.

• 2 weeks later...