TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

thank you for responding. We have been to KD before and , yes, Volcano is the run to coaster at opening. I just hope the forcasted cold this sunday doesn't hamper operations. After our trip this summer going to knoebels, Conneat, Waldemeer, and Cedar Point, This would be a great ending to the "up north" season.

• 2 weeks later...

Was on Facebook earlier and saw that Robb had posted the i305 backseat POV. I was reading through the comments and found gems like:

"Its shit"
"Rode it still boring"
"Not that impressive, needed a full barrel roll n some negative g's....just a speed coaster...i actually think millennium force is better"
"I'm a roller coaster freak but this ride looks boring as ever I need a lot of traits and turns and loops"
"is it just me or does it seem like someone put this ride together on Roller Coaster Tycoon lol like the first drop was the only good part lol"
"Not a fan of this ride. Waste of a 305 ft hill."
"Seems kind of tame."
"That was lame."
"boring"
"No loops, no big drops, no speed.......looks lame lol"
"Doesn't look very exciting"

And so on and so forth...

I have to ask, is this honestly the accepted consensus in regards to this ride from the general public? Because when I visited this summer, it melted my face off and immediately leapfrogged to my #1 all-time coaster. I'm kind of shocked at the negative response.

Dude, they're YouTube comments. What were you expecting? The only thing that makes YouTube commenters happy is complaining.

Facebook comments, but yeah, I get where you're coming from. Most of the time I see a lot of positive feedback, but this for some reason just stuck out like a sore thumb.

It did seem like it was running really slowly in the video. It also looked like the seats were empty, though, and less mass means less momentum, which means it will slow down sooner in the course.

Those of us who have actually been on it are aware of how awesome it is. As for the "I actually like millennium force better" comment, I mean, yeah, loads of people do.

"Looks like something put together on RCT" though, I got a good laugh out of that one

Dude, they're YouTube comments. What were you expecting? The only thing that makes YouTube commenters happy is complaining.

Facebook comments, but yeah, I get where you're coming from. Most of the time I see a lot of positive feedback, but this for some reason just stuck out like a sore thumb.

I flew up from Texas just to ride I-305. I really enjoyed it, it didn't leap to my number 1, but I thought it was fantastic! However...there is some downfalls that I believe are true, opinions are appreciated on it; and that's this. The ride wasn't more than a 10-15 min wait at ANY point. It was a Saturday and it was a very nice day and it was busy and it was late June. Prime busy time I'd think. I like interacting with locals on my roller coaster trips and by the end of the day I had a lot of this same response. "The ride is great, but for the GP it's typically a one and done because of the G-Forces mixed in with the Maverick elements".

So from that stand point, it's great for the thrill seekers like us. Problem is we make up only 1% of the coaster community and park patrons. I thought the ride was great, it did wear me out some after riding it for awhile. Millennium Force is still my top because I haven't made it to Carowinds this year, but the fact you can ride MF 20 times in a day and just lay back and enjoy every second of it is what will appeal to just about everyone from thrill seekers to the GP. Just my 2 cents, I thought it was great, but I couldn't get over 10-15 min wait, and 20 for the front and back on a busy Saturday. Maybe I'm wrong?

"The ride is great, but for the GP it's typically a one and done because of the G-Forces mixed in with the Maverick elements".

Honestly I don't think that's so much the reason. Yeah, it's an easy go-to, but there's plenty of other rides with similar forces that garner huge waits constantly. I think the major reason the waits are that low are because it's all alone in a dead-end far corner of the park. You need to walk all the way to Flight Of Fear, then keep walking what seems like another half-mile* to get to the entrance of I305. If there were a path looping into the I305 plaza rather than it being a well-out-of-the-way dead end foot traffic would increase dramatically.

* I've not been to the park since 2011, please forgive me if my estimates are a bit out of whack.

"The ride is great, but for the GP it's typically a one and done because of the G-Forces mixed in with the Maverick elements".

Honestly I don't think that's so much the reason. Yeah, it's an easy go-to, but there's plenty of other rides with similar forces that garner huge waits constantly. I think the major reason the waits are that low are because it's all alone in a dead-end far corner of the park. You need to walk all the way to Flight Of Fear, then keep walking what seems like another half-mile* to get to the entrance of I305. If there were a path looping into the I305 plaza rather than it being a well-out-of-the-way dead end foot traffic would increase dramatically.

* I've not been to the park since 2011, please forgive me if my estimates are a bit out of whack.

Yes, your edtimate is a little whacky... Flught of Fear is in the adjacent plaza to I305. Prehaps you meant Dominator?

It is best the way it is. You've come to a large amusement park. Walking is going to happen, and thats given. BUT - the secluded nature of I305's plaza as you speak is wonderful. Id much rather wak there than wait for the popular ride.

I always just passed it off as the fact that the ride has very high capacity compared to every other coaster in the park. Dominator is really the only one that comes close.

That's what I would think also; but my longest wait was for Dominator as we were leaving since it was in the front. They weren't having any hiccups in operations either. I waited an hour for Dominator and an hour Volcano (which I expected). I never expected only 10-15 min wait for I-305. Like I said, maybe I'm wrong, while it does chew up people, it does slow down some because it's only 2 across compared to most B&M that are 4 across.

I always just passed it off as the fact that the ride has very high capacity compared to every other coaster in the park. Dominator is really the only one that comes close.

That's what I would think also; but my longest wait was for Dominator as we were leaving since it was in the front. They weren't having any hiccups in operations either. I waited an hour for Dominator and an hour Volcano (which I expected). I never expected only 10-15 min wait for I-305. Like I said, maybe I'm wrong, while it does chew up people, it does slow down some because it's only 2 across compared to most B&M that are 4 across.

Except I305 has 16 rows of 2 (32 seats), and Dominator has 8 rows of 4 (32 seats), so that doesn't really matter. I think it's a combination of the ride's location, reridability, and capacity.

Except I305 has 16 rows of 2 (32 seats), and Dominator has 8 rows of 4 (32 seats), so that doesn't really matter. I think it's a combination of the ride's location, reridability, and capacity.

This so much. I305 has similar capacity to Dominator (they're super slow there),

Dominator isn't very crowded part of the day either (relative to the park). And it isn't how many times people ride I305, it's how big a factor it is in coming to the park. It has considerable impact on the reputation, which affects even those who don't ride intense coasters themselves.

PARK IS OPEN TODAY, NOV. 1, they added today to the schedule as a "bonus day" maybe due to the rainy weekend. No Haunt.

Well, another season comes and goes. See y'all in April for our yearly coaster speculation tradition.

#PleaseKD2017

Dear God no not again. I thought this thread had finally become tolerable for a bit. Let's not ruin that in April (or right now).

temporarily

^ Speculation is half the fun

Speculation is all the fun

Well, another season comes and goes. See y'all in April for our yearly coaster speculation tradition.

#PleaseKD2017

Dear God thank you. This thread was absolutely intolerable without overbearing speculation and certifiedcoastergeek. Let's enjoy this while it lasts.

Fixed it! Who says we have to wait until April? #BringOnTheB&MWingStrataInvertOMG160MPHEAtOurDustFormulaRossaUSAYOLOParkingLotCoasterSafariMonorailOverSmurfMountain

TheBlueberryBlastCoaster

Shockwave has been taken off sale. Rest in peace, buddy.

Does this confirm scrap yard? Im sure dedicated conspirators will find a way to prove that this means Shockwave is Dorney-bound.

Don't put such evil thoughts out there