TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Curious as to whether or not KD has onsite employee housing. I worked Valleyfair this summer and lived in their onsite housing and am looking to travel.

Yes, there is onsite housing, but it is usually reserved for international workers during the summer. I have yet to meet someone who lives in the U.S. who worked at the dorms, but you can double check with HR.

So...anyone seen that dead raccoon pic circulating about? Apparently, this raccoon was in the structure of Volcano, jumped out, and got severed in half during the second launch Can someone confirm this or something?

*insert Raptor'd reference here*

This is actually extremely common with Volcano. It always starts to stink in the mountain towards the end of the season.

I've seen a better photo of it on another forum, but yikes, I would be mortified if that happened while I was on the ride.

Same here, and they really should test (Well, what's left of) that raccoon for diseases.

Edited by fraroc

I've noticed the water in the Shenandoah Lumber Company log flume has been really yucky lately and the ride looks like it hasn't been well taken care of.

Speak no ill of Shenandoah Lumber Company. Shenandoah Lumber Company is love, Shenandoah Lumber Company is life.

Planning a trip to the park this weekend (Friday and Saturday). I've only been twice in my life: 2000 and 2009.

We have Platinum passes and the dining plan. What advice can you guys give me? Thanks!

If you're doing Haunt on Saturday, get Fright Lane Plus, as the park will be insanely busy.

In response to the help thus far...

- not sure if we will do the Haunts. If we do, which ones are best? (please no ones that are completely blacked-out—I broke my glasses at KI's "Blackout" by walking into a wall face-first.)

- I like log flumes, but the wife doesn't... how wet do you get?

^^-- I saw a very close call of a squirrel on Dominator's track, but of course an inverted makes it worse.

Turns out the little buildings scattered around the park are for the Skeleton Keys, rather than tacking something on to the existing maze. I can't afford it but went in the one next to Feary Tales during a moment of confusion or something. It was very cool, might even say Busch Gardens level of detail. Not sure if there's supposed to be some action -- I think I was startle-scared by a guest not an employee.

My partner and I are thinking about going this sunday, not really for the haunt stuff, but for the coasters. I saw the park opens at 10:30 am. That is when we were thinking of getting to the park. I know for us Floridians it will be ungawdly cold sunday. My question is, how busy will it be during the daytime ? As cold as it is supposed to get in the evening, we most likely will be gone as darkness approaches when the haunt stuff starts. It will be just way tooooo cold for us. Is the daytime packed or not ?

^If you get there at opening, you should have no problem riding everything more than once, especially if it's a Sunday. Tip: Hit up Volcano first!

^^I remember seeing somewhere that the trains were removed, along with the chain lift. But yeah the actual ride itself is still in one piece. They'll probably start dismantling it once the season is over.