TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

^Should I anticipate larger crowds because of the holiday the following Monday and longer hours, or comparable to most Fridays?

I'm trying to determine if this is the best day to go for a long day of riding and decent lines for Haunt mazes as I'm somewhat flexible in my schedule.

^If you get there early enough, you should have no problem with lines. Last time I went to Haunt two years ago, my friends and I had no problem re-riding most of the rides there until 7 or 8, that's when it starts to get crowded. If worse comes to worst and you got extra money, there's always Fast Lane.

Kings Dominion won't be opening tonight due to the bad weather, but they're planning to keep their Saturday and Sunday schedules (but that could change, too).

Just a heads up.

I could be mistaken, but I remember hearing that FoF is closed for Haunt (they're using that building for one of the Haunt attractions).

FOF is usually open during Haunt until 5 or 6, then it gets shut down for the Haunt attraction. Same deal with Hurler I believe.

^Club Blood is located in the Hurler turnaround, so, yep, no hurlin' during Haunt. I hope that Lockout is better than the "space alien" maze that used to be in the FOF queue.

In few days I'll be ordering a 2016 Platinum pass. Looking on the website it says Platinum passes include early entry--does KD have early entry? Is this separate from the 30 minute early entry for Dominator that day ticket guests have access to?

Speaking of, looking at using the free 2015 visit on Friday. With the park opening at 10:30, is the Dominator early entry still valid during Haunt? Thanks everyone.

^Passholder early entry usually gets you Volcano and I305 before regular ticketed guests.

Fantastic, thanks!

For anyone that knows, does a 2016 platinum pass with dining include 2 meals at all CF parks, or just KD? If it includes all its a great deal as I'm looking at doing a Cedar Point/Kings Islamd trip in the summer.

^Club Blood is located in the Hurler turnaround, so, yep, no hurlin' during Haunt. I hope that Lockout is better than the "space alien" maze that used to be in the FOF queue.

Well that's lame. LOL Carowinds have a haunt in the middle of their Hurler turnaround and it's still open during Haunt season smh

Went Sunday evening, man was it empty. A few things closed (Cornstalkers) but otherwise park was putting out the effort. Thing was, it was correct for the park to be open because the weather was in no way bad enough to justify closing. In fact, it could easily end up being colder every remaining weekend of Haunt. I'm guessing it was a solid month of good weather followed by a full weekend of gray depressing that caused this result.

They were doing a vote for best house on the way out. I should have actually voted Lockdown because the guards were funny and I noticed an area with 2-floor scenery, very cool.

Well that's lame. LOL Carowinds have a haunt in the middle of their Hurler turnaround and it's still open during Haunt season smh

I consider closing Hurler to be a valuable public service.

I consider closing Hurler to be a valuable public service.

To me hurler being closed is a good thing, that way there's less fricken hospital bills...

For those of you familiar with the park crowds, do you think this upcoming Saturday or Sunday will be better during the day and during Haunt? Looks like a little rain in the diecast for Saturday which may help keep crowds down. Thoughts?

Also, what is by best option for one day tickets? Any coupons at area stores that are better than online discounts? Thanks for the help.

KD has reduced Sunday haunts to 4 out of the 6 weekends because they are realizing it's less popular. They had originally tried cutting back Fridays but don't now. Still, people's responses to rain is unpredictable -- I wouldn't have even thought last Sat. would have been really dead. It's a day I avoid now so I don't know it well. With the current forecast I'd say Sat. night will still be crowded but that can change. This weekend also may be more crowded to make up for last, or lack momentum, that's unpredictable too.