TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

OKAY, HERE'S THE END ALL TO THIS DEBATE:

IF THERE'S WORK BEING DONE OR PLANS LEAKED BY JUNE 1, 2016, THEN A COASTER IS LIKELY COMING.

IF NOT, THEN A COASTER IS NOT COMING.

THANK YOU!!!!

Now let's talk about what's actually coming in 2016. What will be the ride cycle time for Delerium?

I don't understand, you're the one who keeps bringing up unfounded speculation about a number of new coasters, and then you make an outburst for everyone to be quite about it? I just.... I don't even know.

Anyways, as long as the ride cycle isn't as short as CW's cyclone, we should have a decent ride time.

I would love to see this at my home park. My only complaint is that Dorney isn't getting one of these.

Did the fact that I'm happy with Dorney sink in to the KD fans' minds yet?

but daddy I want a launched looping dual inverted hyper giga coaster that goes from the front of the park to the back and then underground to china and back!

How can a roller coaster be dual inverted?

OKAY, HERE'S THE END ALL TO THIS DEBATE:

IF THERE'S WORK BEING DONE OR PLANS LEAKED BY JUNE 1, 2016, THEN A COASTER IS LIKELY COMING.

IF NOT, THEN A COASTER IS NOT COMING.

THANK YOU!!!!

Now let's talk about what's actually coming in 2016. What will be the ride cycle time for Delerium?

I don't understand, you're the one who keeps bringing up unfounded speculation about a number of new coasters, and then you make an outburst for everyone to be quite about it? I just.... I don't even know.

Anyways, as long as the ride cycle isn't as short as CW's cyclone, we should have a decent ride time.

my point exactly!!!

Guys, guys, guys, check this out! OMG, it's insane. Look at the similarities between these pictures -

Notice anything? Lots of trees, an Arrow coaster next to them both, open fields, etc! Kings Dominion is totally getting a B&M Invert in 2017! OMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!

The is one thing I hate about being a coaster enthusiast is that my hobby is overran by 12 year old little kids. This thread is getting too crazy can some mods do anything? Who cares when KD is getting a coaster? They don't need one. They need to tear some crappy ones down. Here's looking at you I305!?!?! It's such a tame kiddie coaster and my homepark needs and more importantly deserves a 400 foot aquatrax.

But anyway, Has anyone heard are read whatever happened to the flat ride pickers that CF sent to Europe? Did the find anything? I thought they might find an enterprise for KD. There are a few listed for sale but they are TM models.

but it's KD's turn to get a coaster/something BIG.
I understand this, but the park is nearing a 7 year coaster drought

Oh boo-hoo. Thats cute that you're just now nearing a seven 7 coaster drought after i305. I am certain after visiting this year that you are doing just fine with your collection.

KD's turn to get something big? Who's the cycle through ( because obviously its not all the parks)? Were i305, Dominator, Volcano, Soak City, or Derilium not big enough / requested enough moves to satifsy you? The big parks have taken many turns and the samll parks are still waiting on their turn.

Don't like KD? Go to BGW. Don't like either? Go to SFA for all I care. Dont like any of them? Well congrats. You can live like me, with no home park (after moving here, that is).

My home park is Carowinds... And I love KD! Do I think they are in need of a new coaster? Well holy Frito Lay I do! I was simply stating my opinion. Don't like the KD discusssion thread? Go to the BGW one. Don't like that one either? Go to the Sfa discussion for all I care. Don't like any of those threads? Well congrats.

but it's KD's turn to get a coaster/something BIG.
I understand this, but the park is nearing a 7 year coaster drought

Oh boo-hoo. Thats cute that you're just now nearing a seven 7 coaster drought after i305. I am certain after visiting this year that you are doing just fine with your collection.

KD's turn to get something big? Who's the cycle through ( because obviously its not all the parks)? Were i305, Dominator, Volcano, Soak City, or Derilium not big enough / requested enough moves to satifsy you? The big parks have taken many turns and the samll parks are still waiting on their turn.

Don't like KD? Go to BGW. Don't like either? Go to SFA for all I care. Dont like any of them? Well congrats. You can live like me, with no home park (after moving here, that is).

Good points. I lived in Richmond most of my life and just moved to Colorado where I guess I could now claim Elitch Gardens as my home park (or Lakeside). I knew I was moving from an area with a really good amusement park 20 minutes away and a great theme park 45 minutes away to the land of mediocrity.

^I am confused to your posts meaning...

I heard they are getting the first launched arrow suspended coaster with inversions. Can some one confirm? Kappa

I heard they are getting the first launched arrow suspended coaster with inversions. Can some one confirm? Kappa

Arrow isn't exactly... existing anymore.

One in three are getting the obvious jokes. Incredible.

For clarification, TyRush, I was making fun of the fanboy idiocy in the thread about 2017. ImNotOneOfYou, well, I just hope you can figure this one out yourself.

JPizzle, CONGRATULATIONS! You win!

AtWgadf.gif

but daddy I want a launched looping dual inverted hyper giga coaster that goes from the front of the park to the back and then underground to china and back!

thumb_veruca-salt_0.jpg

KD's turn to get something big? Who's the cycle through ( because obviously its not all the parks)? Were i305, Dominator, Volcano, Soak City, or Derilium not big enough / requested enough moves to satifsy you?

This thread in a nutshell.

You must have a very loose definition for "great".

I do agree that Wild Eagle is a really enjoyable and re-ridable coaster. Gatekeeper, on the other hand, is less impressive.

See, they can be very enjoyable coasters. I'm sure if KD were to receive one, it would easily be in the top 3 ridden rides at the park.

It would be the most ridden ride at the park, unless it had shorter trains like Thunderbird.

Count me in with the crowd that thinks GateKeeper is at least very good. I love the throughput, the location, the keyholes, and that first drop is amazing. Not my first choice of coaster for any Cedar Fair park, because I want them to add variety, and I don't want Wing Riders to be the new invert (while good, they blended together during my mega-Cedar Fair trip)

Edit - I think Valleyfair and Canada's Wonderland are next on the coaster list. My reasoning? CW gets huge crowds, and Valleyfair is my home park.

You must have a very loose definition for "great".

I do agree that Wild Eagle is a really enjoyable and re-ridable coaster. Gatekeeper, on the other hand, is less impressive.

See, they can be very enjoyable coasters. I'm sure if KD were to receive one, it would easily be in the top 3 ridden rides at the park.

It would be the most ridden ride at the park, unless it had shorter trains like Thunderbird.

Count me in with the crowd that thinks GateKeeper is at least very good. I love the throughput, the location, the keyholes, and that first drop is amazing. Not my first choice of coaster for any Cedar Fair park, because I want them to add variety, and I don't want Wing Riders to be the new invert (while good, they blended together during my mega-Cedar Fair trip)

Edit - I think Valleyfair and Canada's Wonderland are next on the coaster list. My reasoning? CW gets huge crowds, and Valleyfair is my home park.

Valleyfair being your homepark isn't a very good reasoning of why it's " supposedly " on the next coaster list. CW is the only debatable one though.

Valleyfair being your homepark isn't a very good reasoning of why it's " supposedly " on the next coaster list.

That was probably a hyperbole.

CW is the only debatable one though.

I agree with this.

Here is a chart documenting every large scale scale coaster inside the Cedar Fair Chain between 1996-2016.

21387124678_8ed06f8d58_c.jpg

Excluding the obvious Cedar Point. Carowinds, Kings Island, and Canada's Wonderland are the only parks that seem to consistently receive large $20+ million coasters. Worlds of Fun and Dorney Park seem to have gone through quick bursts of large coaster installations, and Valleyfair's has been sprinkled around every-so-often. For the time being, every other park is getting mid-to-large scale expansions/upgrades that help round out their respective parks more. This is just an overview of what's been happening in the chain, and probably an explanation as to why there aren't coasters popping up in every park.

^Honestly, it seems that the small parks only saw their largest investments in getting the "basics" that would commonly be seen at major parks (with the exception of the absence of a Morgan hyper at MiA). Since that is completed, they havent seen any significant investment since - and won't, on this trend.

Valleyfair being your homepark isn't a very good reasoning of why it's " supposedly " on the next coaster list. CW is the only debatable one though.

I'm absoultely certain that was a knock on KD fans.

Joke => your head ==> joke goes over

^Honestly, it seems that the small parks only saw their largest investments in getting the "basics" that would commonly be seen at major parks (with the exception of the absence of a Morgan hyper at MiA). Since that is completed, they havent seen any significant investment since - and won't, on this trend.

Well, let's take a deeper look.

Worlds of Fun

2010: Snoopy's Hot Summer Lights, a $1 million immersive light and sound experience, opens in the Europa and Africa sections of the park. Subway opens at Oceans of Fun.

2011: Planet Snoopy, an $8-million children's themed area, is added to Worlds of Fun featuring over 20 rides and attractions. An Illions carousel called The Grand Carousel is added to the Scandinavia section of the park.

2012: A premium line queue system called "Fast Lane" is introduced.

2013: Oceans of Fun receives full integration with Worlds of Fun sharing one admission for both parks.

2014: WindSeeker – a 301-foot (92 m) Mondial swing ride at Knott's Berry Farm – was renamed SteelHawk and relocated to Worlds of Fun for the 2014 season.

2015: Planet Snoopy receives upgrades, including five new rides added to the children's area, with the removal of two former attractions.

Source - Wikipedia

Dorney Park

2011, Dorney Park introduces an 8 million dollar extensive overhaul to the former Camp Snoopy kid's park area.

In 2012, Dorney Park added Stinger, formerly Invertigo from California's Great America, to its roller coaster collection. The park also added the new Fast Lane virtual queue system, similar to the other Cedar Fair parks. Also new for the 2012 season is the "Dinosaurs Alive!" section of the park, located behind the steel force entrance.

In 2013, Dorney Park featured no major new attractions, but rather small changes to the park, such as a new Fast Pay wristband, allowing guests to add money to an RFID prepaid wristband, allowing them to pay for food and merchandise without carrying cash.

Snake Pit 65-foot (20 m) tall. Snake Pit will feature six water slides, Python Plummet, which is three free-fall body slides, Constrictor, which is an enclosed tube slide, and Boa Blaster, which is a twin tube slide featuring high speed drops. Snake Pit will replace Riptide Run and The Lily Pads.

Cedar Creek Flyers will be located in the lower section of the park next to Stinger.

Source - Wikipedia

Valleyfair

2011: Planet Snoopy opens

2012: Fast Lane; Antique Cars closes

2013: Dinosaurs Alive!

2014: Route 76: Northern Lights opens, Scrambler and Tilt-A-Whirl relocated and Antique Cars to be re-added as Antique Autos; Pepsi IMAX theater closes

2015: Soak City: New Slide Tower, New Children's Splash Pad; Subway relocated, Airbrush Tattoo stand closed

Source - Wikipedia

Nothing too-major has been done, but the parks have certainly become more rounded than prior to these investments. All receiving new additions and upgraded areas/waterparks, which certainly improve the all-day experience. It's probably nothing an enthusiasts would go crazy over, but they are additions that certainly help improve a casual park goers experience. Like I wrote earlier, these parks are getting mid-to-large scale expansions/upgrades that help round themselves out more. The Kings Dominion S.S. expansion, and each Planet Snoopy expansion listed would easily equal the cost of a new coaster. Parks have to cater & invest heavily into attractions aimed towards people outside the thrill-seeking demographic, as thrill seekers only make up a portion of their income.