TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I have never heard anybody complaining about the comfort or re-rideability on a B&M.

You haven't spent enough time on TPR. Name a B&M and I'll find someone talking about how rough it is. lol

...Beware the painful Gatekeeper death vests.

Those are probably the same people who complain about them being "too smooth".

Because apparently something being comfortable is a bad thing.

They probably hate Arrows, Vekomas, GCI's, and coasters in general.

I think Delirium is a perfect addition for Kings Dominion! I really enjoyed MaxAir when I rode it at Cedar Point and have always thought it would be amazing if Kings Dominion ever added a Pendulum - style ride in Candy Apple Grove. I doubted it would ever actually happen, considering MaxAir was installed a decade ago and is the most recent ride of its type at a major amusement park. As much as I would love a new coaster for 2016 at Kings Dominion, not many parks have Pendulums and I think it's a real treat for Kings Dominion to receive one!

Edited by Bmanscool

I think Delirium is a perfect addition for Kings Dominion! I really enjoyed MaxAir when I rode it at Cedar Point and have always thought it would be amazing if

Kings Dominion ever added a Pendulum - style ride in Candy Apple Grove. I doubted it would ever actually happen, considering MaxAir was installed a

decade ago and is the most recent ride of its type to be added to a major amusement park. As much as I would love a new coaster for 2016 at Kings Dominion, not many parks have Pendulums and I think it's a real treat for Kings Dominion to be receiving one!

And the best part?

Sh*twave is gone!

^hmmm interesting choice with all the issues they have with the Windseekers, and how reliable the Huss versions CF own have been over the past decade.

The Mondial Windseekers had trouble because they were Mondial Windseekers, not Mondial Windseekers. Did that make any sense?

I read you loud and clear! And yes, I think to compare the two entirely different types of ride from the same manufacturer would be a mistake. It would seem a ride like Windseeker would inherently have more problems than a Frisbee -like ride.

^hmmm interesting choice with all the issues they have with the Windseekers, and how reliable the Huss versions CF own have been over the past decade.

The gearboxes on the HUSS models are not reliable at all. It's why both Delirium and Maxair have had major downtime the past couple years, considering that they're the only two Giant Frisbees in existence in the US. They'll run fine for a while, but the gearboxes do catastrophically fail after some time.

The Mondial Windseekers had trouble because they were Mondial Windseekers, not Mondial Windseekers. Did that make any sense?

No, Maybe you really meant this?

"The Mondial Windseekers had trouble because they were Mondial Windseekers, not Mondial Revolutions."

As far as I understand, the Mondial Revolution version at Canada's Wonderland has not had any extended downtime due to mechanical issues.

Anyone know if the hypersonic xlc station is being used?

I think during Halloween Haunt some of the Zombie High maze scare-actors use it for a break area. Other than that, I don't think the park has used that structure for anything. I never understood why they did not dismantle it when they removed Hypersonic XLC. Plus, the only time you can see the old station up close is when you are standing in line for the Club Blood maze during Haunt.

I always thought the west end of Candy Apple Grove felt like an "unfinished dead-end /no man's land" after Hypersonic was removed. The placement of the Windseeker did help give it a focal point; but, there still is that "dead-end" gap between it and the Jukebox Diner. I felt the old station should have been removed and the Haunt building for Zombie High placed further back it its place. That way at least another flat ride could have been placed where Zombie High is now, to round off the open area.

I think during Halloween Haunt some of the Zombie High maze scare-actors use it for a break area. Other than that, I don't think the park has used that structure for anything. I never understood why they did not dismantle it when they removed Hypersonic XLC. Plus, the only time you can see the old station up close is when you are standing in line for the Club Blood maze during Haunt.

I always thought the west end of Candy Apple Grove felt like an "unfinished dead-end /no man's land" after Hypersonic was removed. The placement of the Windseeker did help give it a focal point; but, there still is that "dead-end" gap between it and the Jukebox Diner. I felt the old station should have been removed and the Haunt building for Zombie High placed further back it its place. That way at least another flat ride could have been placed where Zombie High is now, to round off the open area.

I'm just wondering if it could be used for a new coaster. It could interact with Grizzly and Hurler in very cool ways.

I'm just wondering if it could be used for a new coaster. It could interact with Grizzly and Hurler in very cool ways.

Honestly, I don't think any ride should interact with grizzly. The theme for the ride has a lot to do with solitude, like away from everything else (although with the removal of a lot of the trees in the turnaround area, and. Dinosaurs alive being right next to it, the theming doesn't work as well, but it still does work.) However, it would be fine if they had something interact with hurler. Actually, they should probably just remove hurler all together! That ride literally causes rib injuries...

Edit: I'm not exactly sure what went wrong with the quotes... But whatever