TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I wonder what the first complaint will be when the next coaster is announced.

It's forceless; or, to be more precise, "Not as good as I-305."

Unless KD is planning on building another fast & constantly low-to-the ground coaster, with quick-directional changes, prepare for masses of complaints. Basically, anything that isn't an Intamin giga...err Intimidator 305 will be sh*tted on by KD fanboys.

"B&M Giga coaster 1 doesn't have enough quick directional changes for me."

"B&M Wing Coaster 1 isn't Intimidator 305 enough for me!"

"Intamin rocket coaster 1 has 300 moments of floater, but only 1 moment of ejector. Such a waste!"

We need a nice floaty B&M to balance out the intensity of I305.

About the complaining of KD's 2016 addition is still (probably) going. There's one person that keeps constantly complaining. (Probably you should what I'm talking about)

What the crap language is this?

Now that I think of it a B&M Hyper is actually pretty family friendly. Yes, it's huge, but it's not very intense. Imagine something like Diamondback in the woods. Hopefully the height restriction would be down to 52 inches.

I know how much we all want a coaster at KD man but complaining isn't gonna get them to listen to us. Just be patient. We already have one of the best ride in the world and that tells you we're not as neglected as you think. 2017 or 2018 is the year, just enjoy the awesome rides for now.

Now that I think of it a B&M Hyper is actually pretty family friendly. Yes, it's huge, but it's not very intense. Imagine something like Diamondback in the woods. Hopefully the height restriction would be down to 52 inches.

I know how much we all want a coaster at KD man but complaining isn't gonna get them to listen to us. Just be patient. We already have one of the best ride in the world and that tells you we're not as neglected as you think. 2017 or 2018 is the year, just enjoy the awesome rides for now.

How am I complaining? I'm just giving out a possibility.

So is this just a regular top spin? Isn't PKI's one of the "giant" models?

Not sure about the PKD, but PKI's is a giant model. Three long rows. Isn't Dominion's supposed to be a floorless?

Yes, Kings Dominion's is a floorless model.

We need =/= I want

True, Kings Dominion doesn't need anything new next year! They already have enough coasters that people will go there anyway!

Exactly. There was no new big attraction this year, and yet they still got my money because I knew it was still a great park to visit.

Funny how that works.

Hi there. My home park is Dorney. I see you're unhappy with an Intimidator 305 and a Volcano. I'll take it for you. Im sure they would be great complements to our current lineup. Would you like Stinger and Possessed in return? Or would you like us to take your disappointing 2017 addition?

Hi there. My home park is Dorney. I see you're unhappy with an Intimidator 305 and a Volcano. I'll take it for you. Im sure they would be great complements to our current lineup. Would you like Stinger and Possessed in return? Or would you like us to take your disappointing 2017 addition?

Neither, we're fine. Sorry for our ungrateful guests.

So close... why do some KD locals need to be thankful.

So close... why do some KD locals need to be thankful.

Maybe we can work out a deal with our neighbor carowinds and they can give you guys intimidator and vortex for possessed and thunderhawk

You know what I just found out? Kings Dominion sits on a much larger plot of land than most other parks do, yet for some reason it feels compact.

Because they made the rides so close together. Yet, walking sometimes feels like a hassle

You know what I just found out? Kings Dominion sits on a much larger plot of land than most other parks do, yet for some reason it feels compact.

Because they made the rides so close together. Yet, walking sometimes feels like a hassle

It's not nearly as bad as Busch Gardens, where it takes FOREVER to get to rides.

It's not nearly as bad as Busch Gardens, where it takes FOREVER to get to rides.

I think Marineland in Canada is the worst for walking. A 30 minute walk to find out the ride you want to go on is closed.

I hope KD's next coaster is an vekoma inverted jr coaster!

layout_sfc_gronalund.jpg

Something the FAMILY can enjoy . . .

Rather have a B&M. Heck, Shockwave is the only thing worse than a Vekoma.

Ok . . . here you go!

Seriously, KD had like what? 3 true family coasters?

Iv'e always wondered why Parmount never did a major kid's area expansion or added a Jr. Vekoma at Kings Dominion, such as

Rugrats Runaway Raptor at Kings Island and Carowinds or Silver Streak at Canada's Wonderland.

Did Parmount ever plan this, however sold out to Cedar Fair before they ever made way to the project?

Nickelodeon Universe at Kings Island, Nickelodeon Central at Carowinds, and Kidzville at Canada's Wonderland were all

decent renovations, however Kidzville at Kings Dominion was never updated with new rides after its opening and

Nickelodeon Central remained with only 3 attractions. (Scooby Doo and The Haunted Mansion being the only exception).

Edited by Bmanscool

I think Marineland in Canada is the worst for walking. A 30 minute walk to find out the ride you want to go on is closed.

I do really like the rides there and the view is worth it, but I think Ocean Park in Hong Kong takes the longest time of any park to get across to some rides.