TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

All the nearest parks are family parks SFA, Hershey park and KD. Like if KD get like a flyer or dive coaster it would be awesome but getting this flat rides not helping. But if Hershey gets one more good ride it's going to beat the closer parks

According to sources that shall remain anonymous, Kings Dominion is considering a wingrider in 2017... Maybe that will come true.

Eh, a wing rider isn't too bad. To be honest, I'll be surprised if we get another coaster in 2017.

If we do get a Slingshot, we better lose another upcharge attraction. I can't stand upcharge attractions.

Yea like why I gotta pay to get in the park and gotta pay for a ride never understood

All the nearest parks are family parks SFA, Hershey park and KD. Like if KD get like a flyer or dive coaster it would be awesome but getting this flat rides not helping. But if Hershey gets one more good ride it's going to beat the closer parks

According to sources that shall remain anonymous, Kings Dominion is considering a wingrider in 2017... Maybe that will come true.

Hopefully that would make my 2 hour trip worth it.

I would say a Screamin' Swing would be my first choice, but seeing how CP has had problems with it lately, probably not. And if it is anything like the Knott's version there might be an extra fee. Nevertheless, I'd still love to see one at KD.

Eh, a wing rider isn't too bad. To be honest, I'll be surprised if we get another coaster in 2017.

If we do get a Slingshot, we better lose another upcharge attraction. I can't stand upcharge attractions.

Yea like why I gotta pay to get in the park and gotta pay for a ride never understood

Well, let's see. Let's pretend it's free. They can get 2 people every 10 minutes onto the ride. That's 12 people an hour, or 144 people during a 12 hour day. Total. Coasters can get up to 1,500 people PER HOUR. So, 30 minutes after the park opens, they have to close the Sling Shot line because the people in the end of that line will be in that line for the entire 12 hours they are at the park. But hey, at least they got Sling Shot for free.

Well, let's see. Let's pretend it's free. They can get 2 people every 10 minutes onto the ride. That's 12 people an hour, or 144 people during a 12 hour day. Total. Coasters can get up to 1,500 people PER HOUR. So, 30 minutes after the park opens, they have to close the Sling Shot line because the people in the end of that line will be in that line for the entire 12 hours they are at the park. But hey, at least they got Sling Shot for free.

Exactly. Upcharge attractions double as skip-the-line services for those attractions.

Has anyone ever heard of a park having 2 up-charged attractions though?

Carowinds had two (Skycoaster and Go Carts) and still have two (Skycoaster and Sling Shot).

EDIT: Carowinds actually has 4 if we include the mini golf and the laser maze.

Edited by FSUFanChris

If we want to get technical about it, Luna Park at Coney Island has six upcharge attractions that aren't included in the price of an unlimited ride wristband;

B&B Carousell - $3

Coney Island Cyclone coaster - $9

Thunderbolt coaster - $10

Coney Island Raceway go-karts - $10/driver, $5/passenger

Zenobio - $12

Slingshot - $22

...that's New York for ya.

If we want to get technical about it, Luna Park at Coney Island has six upcharge attractions that aren't included in the price of an unlimited ride wristband;

B&B Carousell - $3

Coney Island Cyclone coaster - $9

Thunderbolt coaster - $10

Coney Island Raceway go-karts - $10/driver, $5/passenger

Zenobio - $12

Slingshot - $22

...that's New York for ya.

Yeah, but that's not really a fair comparison because parks like Coney Island offer a variety of different ticketing schemes. I think the discussion was based on parks that have a single POP admission plan and then upcharge attractions.

Oh, absolutely, and I don't disagree that it's not a 100% fair comparison to other parks that have a single POP for entry. Just getting annoyingly technical for the sake of playing devil's advocate. It kills me that there aren't any POP wristbands that actually include the coasters... or last for more than four hours of a given day. But like I said, that's New York for ya.

And if it is anything like the Knott's version there might be an extra fee.

Or if it IS the Knotts Version...

From the Knotts press release...

Screamin’ Swing will permanently close on September 8 in preparation for Ghost Town’s 75th anniversary celebration in 2016.

Of course I immediately thought of Dorney but they already have one.

And if it is anything like the Knott's version there might be an extra fee.

Or if it IS the Knotts Version...

From the Knotts press release...

Screamin’ Swing will permanently close on September 8 in preparation for Ghost Town’s 75th anniversary celebration in 2016.

Of course I immediately thought of Dorney but they already have one.

If knotts is indeed removing there ss, then I could see it landing at KD. They already whine about getting the relocated (but yet amazing) Dominator, so now they could whine about getting a relocated (but yet still very fun) Screaming Swing

^Any info on what time the announcement is?

My prediction is a slingshot, but we'll see.

I doubt it will be a slingshot, they might get one but the announcement most likely won't be for that. I don't think CP for Gemini midway or Carowinds for Fury really announced their SlingShot additions.