TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Cedar Point's not using Valravn anymore. Would love for it to be used on our 2017 coaster.

And this was confirmed by the park right? Oh wait it wasn't. Just you.

I swear to God people love to keep stirring the pot. Stop making stuff up when you know just as much as the rest of us.

Found it on Cedar Point's TPR page.

Cedar Point's not using Valravn anymore. Would love for it to be used on our 2017 coaster.

And this was confirmed by the park right? Oh wait it wasn't. Just you.

I swear to God people love to keep stirring the pot. Stop making stuff up when you know just as much as the rest of us.

Found it on Cedar Point's TPR page.

No, I don't think you "found" it there. You said it there. Plus, the "name change" is just idle speculation, at best.

Can we put this ridiculous argument to rest now? Thank you.

Edited by cfc

I made the long trip and visited the park yesterday for the final time this summer before Halloween Haunt begins. With it being Saturday, the park was obviously crowded, but I managed to get plenty of rides in (even on Volcano thanks to a front-of-the-line pass) by beating the crowds to the back of Candy Apple Grove. I was there with family friends, so I rode some rides that I typically do not which ended up being a fun time.

Ride Count (11:30 AM - 5:30 PM)

Backlot Stunt Coaster - 3

Intimidator 305 - 2

Drop Tower - 2

Volcano

Anaconda

Wave Swinger

Bad Apple

Ricochet

Rebel Yell

Hurler

Grizzly

Woodstock Express

As for Shockwave, no significant changes have been made. The FunTV's from the queue and some signage has been taken down and a fenced gate has been installed on the entrance. I snapped some photos of the areas that should look quite different next season.

IMG_7011.thumb.JPG.f5afd7818f53af20f833ecf070187c63.JPG

Orange gate added to the entrance

IMG_7009.thumb.JPG.cf750d38a930ecfe2e1125bc129d8123.JPG

A wider midway will be here next season according to the leaked plans

IMG_7008.thumb.JPG.d5884922abe48ae5c53fe28e5320bba5.JPG

I expect this area to be freshened up and more of an access-way next season

IMG_7010.thumb.JPG.3a58e0eab499f8fa6afe49a325d1c67a.JPG

Area where a brick patio for seating will be installed next season according to the leaked plans

Also, the park is preparing for the UCI The Road World Championships (Worlds) at the end of next month which is cycling’s pinnacle event, held annually in an international city (in this case, Richmond).

IMG_7015.thumb.JPG.556ee8ebbb0ea1bd12904e376bbded47.JPG

Somewhat related to Shockwave being up for sale, but is anyone surprised that no park picked up Hypersonic back in the day? I was no fan of the ride but the GP seemed to like it and I could see it as having been a good attraction for the right park. That said, maybe the asking price was too high and it did have its share of maintenance issues.

Somewhat related to Shockwave being up for sale, but is anyone surprised that no park picked up Hypersonic back in the day? I was no fan of the ride but the GP seemed to like it and I could see it as having been a good attraction for the right park. That said, maybe the asking price was too high and it did have its share of maintenance issues.

yeah, it is a little surprising. to this day, i don't think any ride has matched the intensity of its launch. I suppose the lackluster layout, low capacity, and maintenance history outweighed the appeal of the launch.

nevermind i just looked through older pages and it looks like a skyhawk(cedar point) to me

If KD put in a Skyhawk I'd be THRILLED! I absolutely loved Skyhawk at CP and was surprised how fun it was.

I made the long trip and visited the park yesterday for the final time this summer before Halloween Haunt begins...

As for Shockwave, no significant changes have been made. The FunTV's from the queue and some signage has been taken down and a fenced gate has been installed on the entrance. I snapped some photos of the areas that should look quite different next season.

Thanks for the pics showing what areas will probably be changing next season. Hopefully they'll announce sooner rather than later, especially with Cedar Point's announcement being delayed!

Here's the latest rendering of the leaked plans thanks to KDFans' discoveries.

[attachment=0]Kd2016final.jpg[/attachment]

With KI's announcement unexpectedly happening tomorrow, maybe KD's announcement will unexpectedly happen Thursday as rumored.

I'm guessing an aesthetic upgrade to CAG, a frisbee, and a slingshot. If that's the case then I hope something major is coming the following year.

All the nearest parks are family parks SFA, Hershey park and KD. Like if KD get like a flyer or dive coaster it would be awesome but getting this flat rides not helping. But if Hershey gets one more good ride it's going to beat the closer parks