TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

^ I mean, I get where you're coming from, but they have 11 adult coasters, and 13 total. Volcano has always had long lines since it was built. When Hyper Sonic XLC came out, it was a 2 hour wait almost every day. Volcano still had a long line. Same for i305. Dominator, i305, hsxlc, blsc, each came, and even when their lines were huge, so was volcano.

While mathematically speaking another huge new coaster would put people in its line, it will be more of the same. Long lines at all the big ones, longest line at the new one and volcano.

Just be glad they added 4 more rows to volcano. Waiting in the line when it had 4 rows SUCKED.

But a people eating B&M invert would sure make things easier vs. a mideval-device TOGO standup.

^Almost anything KD would add would have better capacity than Shockwave

Volcano is a special case of low capacity + enormous popularity = long as hell lines. I waited 2+ hours in the hot sun to ride and I can only imaging how much worse it would have been with 4 rows

An hour+ wait is always a normal thing with the eight rows. How long were the lines originally, without the extra rows? Triple the time?

In 1998 I waited 4.5 hours for volcano, on a weekday. That was my second attempt. The first day I tried, we waited about 2 hours and just got to the covered quee before you go into the mountain before the ride went down for the rest of the day.

But a people eating B&M invert would sure make things easier vs. a mideval-device TOGO standup.

Yes, but what you were saying is that a new ride would shorten the line at rides like volcano. Clearly that isn't true because they built 4 new crowd pleasers since then, and volcano still has long lines. Yes, any normal coaster relaplacing shockwave will have higher capacity than shockwave, but if they were going to make volcano have short lines, it would have happened with Dominator, or i305, or hyper sonic, and quite frankly, that didn't happen.

Volcano is just a very popular ride with very crappy capacity.

An hour+ wait is always a normal thing with the eight rows. How long were the lines originally, without the extra rows? Triple the time?

In 1998 I waited 4.5 hours for volcano, on a weekday. That was my second attempt. The first day I tried, we waited about 2 hours and just got to the covered quee before you go into the mountain before the ride went down for the rest of the day.

Yes, but what you were saying is that a new ride would shorten the line at rides like volcano. Clearly that isn't true because they built 4 new crowd pleasers since then, and volcano still has long lines. Yes, any normal coaster relaplacing shockwave will have higher capacity than shockwave, but if they were going to make volcano have short lines, it would have happened with Dominator, or i305, or hyper sonic, and quite frankly, that didn't happen.

Volcano is just a very popular ride with very crappy capacity.

Or maybe Volcano needs a dual loading station.

Here is a very quick land use map of what we know by the plan so far in relation to Shockwave. The proposed ride only takes up 1/3 - 1/4 of Shockwave's site. It'll be interesting to see what else and how everything else is arranged on the site once more plans come out!

1301104717_KDPlan1.thumb.jpg.936a5861f8b26eaac886ba5330e7fec6.jpg

Orange is the proposed ride

Cedar Point's not using Valravn anymore. Would love for it to be used on our 2017 coaster.

And this was confirmed by the park right? Oh wait it wasn't. Just you.

I swear to God people love to keep stirring the pot. Stop making stuff up when you know just as much as the rest of us.

Cedar Point's not using Valravn anymore. Would love for it to be used on our 2017 coaster.

And this was confirmed by the park right? Oh wait it wasn't. Just you.

I swear to God people love to keep stirring the pot. Stop making stuff up when you know just as much as the rest of us.

the forums are crazy these past few days