TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I'd been having GREAT luck on my trip until today at KD.

We were next in line for I-305 just after opening today when it broke down. They're having some electrical problems. It hasn't been running all day. I sure hope they get it running for tomorrow!

I'd been having GREAT luck on my trip until today at KD.

We were next in line for I-305 just after opening today when it broke down. They're having some electrical problems. It hasn't been running all day. I sure hope they get it running for tomorrow!

This is the last thing I want to read. I may cry if it's down next Sunday.

This is the last thing I want to read. I may cry if it's down next Sunday.

Imagine how I feel- I came from Chicago! My only week off this year. Oh well, there's always next year!

It did run a few cycles this morning, so I would think it will be up by next weekend. I REALLY hope it's running sometime tomorrow, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Are you only there for today?

I've never been there. And this is one one chance for at least a couple of years.

I'll be here tomorrow too. Also my first time. If it doesn't run tomorrow I'll have to come back next year

Will you be doing a trip report on your first time at the park?

Eventually, yes.

The park is still open for a private event tonight. You can see the park from my hotel room (I'm in the Best Western).

I-305 is still broken down. It hasn't run once since this morning. Not looking good for me tomorrow

That Best Western is awesome. It's cheap, reasonably clean, has tennis courts and pool (not that you'll have time), and best of all is close enough to walk to for lunch or a break from the heat. My last visit to KD was 99°F by noon and having that AC'd room to walk over to for lunch was about the greatest relief ever.

Don't order from the attached Denny's around park close time. Or ever. It's insanely awful on every conceivable aspect of food service.

Fingers crossed for you DanM

I wish they would bring the Galaxy coaster back to go where Shockwave is currently. That coaster would have FAR better load times. Or any other compact coaster with just a lapbar and a seatbelt. Like the wildcat coaster that used to be at cedar point. Or a even windstorm coaster.

I was able to get 9 rides on I-305 today. They fixed it up good because it didn't go down once from what I could tell.

I think I have a new favorite steel coaster, and the Fast Lane is worth its weight in gold!

^^Kings Dominion is my favorite park for Fastlane, with the exception of Volcano every single ride puts you directly in the station and the most you ever wait for anything is 5 minutes regardless of the crowds. The merge points always seem to be right in the station.

^^Kings Dominion is my favorite park for Fastlane, with the exception of Volcano every single ride puts you directly in the station and the most you ever wait for anything is 5 minutes regardless of the crowds. The merge points always seem to be right in the station.

Volcano's Fast Lane puts you directly in the station now as well! Every time I used it on Volcano I was on the next train out of the station. Wonderful! I don't think I'll ever visit the park again without it.

I never had more than a 3 train wait for I-305, either. My favorite seat was the left seat in the last row. I didn't try the front at all. The only time I even bother with the front row is on the Intamin Accelerators.

Going to King's Dominion for the first time tomorrow, so I came here to catch up and see what was going on. I was almost about to cry when I started reading these posts about I305 being down and hopefully running again next weekend. Ugh, reading this last page of comments was such a relief. I CAN'T WAAAAAIIIITTTT AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I'm being obnoxious, but I can't even sleep that's how excited I am!!!!!

I was able to get 9 rides on I-305 today. They fixed it up good because it didn't go down once from what I could tell.

That's good to hear. I think I've got myself over being scared of blacking out on it, so I'll be a little sad if it's not open. I've made the mistake of reading youtube comments for I305. I'm a little embarrassed about worried about this ride. I've never had a black-out (or grey-out), so it's freaking me out a bit.

Now hopefully the weather forecast will change for June 9.

Edited by KarlyP

^favorite seat?

The ride kicks A$$ in about any seat you ride in, but personally I think the last car provides the best experience IMO.

I agree that the back is the best, both in terms of ride and "value" since you wait only a cycle or so longer for a seat that is considerably better. The front is a close second, but that one has a significantly longer wait. If you haven't tried the front, I would recommend it since it is an absolute rush and exciting to see the twisties coming up.

I usually try to make my first ride on a new coaster the Front row. I'll do the same with i305

This is an any-row coaster, although the front and back are best. If you want my advice, ride front, then back, then get as many rides as possible without worrying about your row after that. By employing this strategy, I got over twelve rides in within 1.5 hours on a slow day.