TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

This might be a silly question but if I renew my Kings Dominion Platinum do I still have to go to the park to get it processed or do I just keep the same card from this year? I recently moved to Colorado from Richmond but still want a Cedar Fair pass for 2015. I plan to go to Worlds of Fun next year so I guess I could just do it through their site

^When I renewed online last year, I was able to keep my old card.

Awesome--thanks, Chuck!

Still, that won't be as awesome as when I finally experience the single greatest roller coaster feat in modern times.... Prowler!

(are we still making Prowler jokes?)

^When I renewed online last year, I was able to keep my old card.

Last time when I went into the park, I presented my CEDAR FAIR PLATINUM PASS to the parking attendant, but ( ) the scanner couldn't read the bar code because it got worn by numerous uses. Fortunately, they gave me a brand, spanking new one. Because my card is in pristine order, I guess I have to renew it.

If Shoots the Curl is on its way out, then it'll get no tears from me.

kINGS dOMINION - NOBODY HAS MORE FUN!!!

^ I think I would have to hate KD forever if they did that. I rode it at MIA for the first time since riding it at Geauga Lake, and it's running so much worse now. However, I have to love KD forever for getting my favorite floorless coaster. Although, the seats are hilarious anymore. When the SF to CF transition happened, they just cut the Batman logos off the seat and didn't fix it.

It was new for Kings Dominion and it's one of the best rides in the park. 99.999% of people don't care if it was relocated, nor should they. Only enthusiasts make a big deal out of this kind of stuff.

Probably the best "hand me down" ride there ever was.......And 99.999% of their geographic attendees probably have never been to Geauga Lake anyway.

wow wow wow...

took my first trip here last month and i loved it. For so long ive put this off since it wasnt SFGA i didnt care for it since that is my home park. But i loved everything about this park from the layout to the food and ofcourse the coasters. I was excited for the Intimidator305 and it was just as i expected. I lvoed the rest fo the coasters in the park as well. Only 2 things i had an issue with and that was how rough Anaconda was probably because of how old it is, and the quick line/flash pass. We got on 305 4 times with it but later in the day the park workers just vanish from those lines. Not sure what that was about. But over all id give this park 9/10!

This is a random Kings Dominion question: Since Virginia moved to State Fair right down the street from KD, has this increased or decreased the crowds? I was thinking about hitting KD on Saturday and I just realized the State Fair started, I was hoping for light crowds. Any insight?

This is a random Kings Dominion question: Since Virginia moved to State Fair right down the street from KD, has this increased or decreased the crowds? I was thinking about hitting KD on Saturday and I just realized the State Fair started, I was hoping for light crowds. Any insight?

Last year we went Saturday and Sunday during the State Fair and we could practically walk onto every ride. During the summer months it wasnt that bad either. Of course Volcano was always the exception.

This is off-topic, and it has probably been brought up before, but I think that Kings Dominion should get a GCI woodie one of these days. I haven't been to Kings Dominion, and I probably won't make it there for a while, but looking at their lineup, it seems that one thing that they're lacking is a top-notch woodie. Rebel Yell looks like a pretty good woodie, but I don't think it looks top-notch (correct me if I'm wrong). The GCIs at VF, WOF, and CGA have all been successful, so KD receiving something similar would be great. I think that an RMC would also be a good fit for KD, but until Cedar Fair starts doing business with RMC, I don't see it happening.

Is the last day of the season still Haunt?

Sunday, November 2nd is the last operating day of the 2014 season. There is NO Haunt on that day (regular operations | Noon - 8pm). The last day of Haunt is Saturday, November 1st (park hours 10:30 AM - Midnight).

I hate living so far away from I305...

I'd love to see a GCI replace Hurler. But if RMC can do to it what they did with Thunder Run at KK, that might be almost as good. Does RMC have a non-compete clause or something with Six Flags where they won't work with Cedar Fair parks?