TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I really want to say it's going to either be a b&m hyper like between grizzly and hurler, that area, or OH they could remove the go karts and dinosaurs alive and put it there, with it making a left turn L-shape thing going past grizzly and hurler going over the waterpark and back. That would be awesome. I would also love a wing coaster over the entrance no doubt. A coverage roll on a wing coaster would be epic.

Why would you want a B&M hyper when the park already has an Intamin giga? It makes no sense.

It doesn't make sense for Carowinds to have two B&M hypers in the same park, but they'er doing it anyways.

Plus, why not have the best of both worlds?

Why would you want a B&M hyper when the park already has an Intamin giga? It makes no sense.

ignoring the height, they're both completely different ride experiences, and they'd both be amazing rides. They'd compliment eachother. It makes a lot of sense. Will it happen though? Probably not, but I wish it would!

a flyer at KD would be a dream come true. I would love that almost more than a hyper, cuz we got a hyper at BGW. And there isn't a B&M flyer till you get to SFOG or SFGAdv. So a flyer would be epic, a hyper would be epic, and I would be fine with a wing, as long as it has a wing over drop and a near miss.

a flyer at KD would be a dream come true. I would love that almost more than a hyper, cuz we got a hyper at BGW. And there isn't a B&M flyer till you get to SFOG or SFGAdv. So a flyer would be epic, a hyper would be epic, and I would be fine with a wing, as long as it has a wing over drop and a near miss.

If you mean a B&M Flyer, yes, they are far away. Batwing is a couple hours up the road.

^ And what about, instead, a launched flyer? Wishful thinking!

If you mean a B&M Flyer, yes, they are far away. Batwing is a couple hours up the road.

of course I mean B&M! Batwing was fun, but no where near as good. A ride along the lines of Starry Sky Ripper or Tatsu would be fabulous here.

I recall reading somewhere the Matt Ouimet isn't a fan of flying coasters and that he won't be adding any new ones to any of his parks, but you never know.

Could anyone else back this up, or am I just making stuff up?

Gimme a link to that story.

Umm... the point of my post was that I didn't have a link to the story and I was wondering if someone else could back it up since I can't seem to find it. Like I said, I don't know for sure if he said that.

Kings dominion never received a large attraction in way too many years, yeah 40th anniversary was pretty big but a new roller coaster would be great (how about taking out the hurler? ) b&m flyer would be amazing for KD but another launched coaster i don't see happening, heading down to kings dominion next year!

Honestly, take the pretzel loop out, and flyers are rather boring. Wing Riders are more thrilling, and you don't spend 5 minutes face down in the brake run, trying to keep the pretzel you just ate from coming back up.

I actually like hurler better than grizzly because grizzly is just really slow paced, and hurler has more airtime and a better layout. So if I had to choose, I would take out grizzly. Also grizzly has really become hidden because of DA. So I say if they built a hyper, they should make the go kart area a plaza connecting grizzly with the rest of the world again, and also take out DA. Inthink that would also open up that area a lot.

Honestly, take the pretzel loop out, and flyers are rather boring. Wing Riders are more thrilling, and you don't spend 5 minutes face down in the brake run, trying to keep the pretzel you just ate from coming back up.

Idk flyers are just kind of uncomfortable. It's just the position it's in it's really awkward in my opinion.

Cedar Fair seems to like to add one big B&M every year. Behemoth, Diamondback, Intimidator, Leviathan, GateKeeper, Banshee, and Fury 325. I bet that Valleyfair will get the next B&M in 2016, so I probably wouldn't expect a new coaster for KD until 2017. That is, assuming they go with B&M. Wait, of course they will!

My guess would be a Wing coaster of Floorless. Doubt they would add a Hyper, since it would get overshadowed by I305.