TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I'm very pleased with this addition. I also was hoping that the water park would be renamed, but those capsule floor drop slides are crazy! Glad to be getting them! Some mat racers also would've been nice too. Well this kills the rumors of shoot the curl leaving, right? Part of me wonders if they'll be announcing any more small stuff over the winter about next year. Hopefully they'll announce some cool fun, small things.

I'll ride it next year, but how often do you gray out? It seems a bit TOO intense.

I gray out during the first big turn after the initial drop, but that's the only spot. It's a great ride, but very intense.

Edited by cfc

The ride Ops won't let you reride i305 more than twice without getting out of your seat. If you want to continue riding after that then you have to walk around. I assume that's because of its intensity. ERT is better and very doable.

I've never even had an I305 op let me re-ride with an empty station.

I would agree that I305 is more intense than Maverick (although I prefer the latter ride--slightly).

It's a different kind of intensity. I305's first corner certainly trumps Maverick (and almost anything i've ridden) with regard to the intensity of sustained positive G forces.

Maverick, on the other hand, beats me up a whole heck of a lot more and has the more severe transitional forces which are no doubt amplified by getting slammed into the restraints. Even still, the first months of I305's operation with the Maverick-style restraints gave me much less of a pounding than Maverick does.

The ride Ops won't let you reride i305 more than twice without getting out of your seat. If you want to continue riding after that then you have to walk around. I assume that's because of its intensity. ERT is better and very doable.

I've gotten it once or twice, but even when it did happen, they wouldn't let me ride more than twice in a row without getting up and going back around.

And Maverick needs the i305 restraints! I don't get why they haven't installed them! Its probably just cuz of CF's relationship with intamin. But even so, that ride with those restraints is not a good combo.

I've gotten it once or twice, but even when it did happen, they wouldn't let me ride more than twice in a row without getting up and going back around.

And Maverick needs the i305 restraints! I don't get why they haven't installed them! Its probably just cuz of CF's relationship with intamin. But even so, that ride with those restraints is not a good combo.

Really? I've been able to get 4 rides in a row with out going around, one in the front row, 5th row, 10th row, and last row without going around. I had the opportunity for a 5th ride but decided to go meet up with some friends.

I'm very pleased with this addition. I also was hoping that the water park would be renamed, but those capsule floor drop slides are crazy! Glad to be getting them! Some mat racers also would've been nice too. Well this kills the rumors of shoot the curl leaving, right? Part of me wonders if they'll be announcing any more small stuff over the winter about next year. Hopefully they'll announce some cool fun, small things.

Yeah, those drop floor slides never get old.

Really? I've been able to get 4 rides in a row with out going around, one in the front row, 5th row, 10th row, and last row without going around. I had the opportunity for a 5th ride but decided to go meet up with some friends.

A month ago I rode I305 7 straight times in back seat left before someone got in line for that row and I actually had to move. Also, the restraints at 305 felt like I'd been thru-hiking for a week after 20 rides.

A question for anyone who might know, are Kings Dominion season passholders going to be getting the same pass renewal offer that other Cedar Fair park passholder seem to be getting? Has anyone received anything yet? I'd like to renew my Platinum pass and free stuff is always welcome.

A question for anyone who might know, are Kings Dominion season passholders going to be getting the same pass renewal offer that other Cedar Fair park passholder seem to be getting? Has anyone received anything yet? I'd like to renew my Platinum pass and free stuff is always welcome.

You referring to a free fast lane plus or preview? Ive never seen it offered. If you notice the price difference, Kings Dominion tickets are even a little cheaper than Kings Island.

You referring to a free fast lane plus or preview? Ive never seen it offered. If you notice the price difference, Kings Dominion tickets are even a little cheaper than Kings Island.

My Platinum Pass is the same price though