TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Wow, this brings back memories; King Kobra was the first coaster I have ever ridden in which I went upside down ( And yes I will admit it: I had my eyes closed during the inversions, but I was only eleven back then. And the year was 1979.

"But you said that you first went to the park in 1978, and the King Kobra was there, so why didn't you ride it?"

Because the King Kobra was not operating on that first day I visited Kings Dominion. I was crushed by not being able to ride it that season. I also remember when coming home from Kings Dominion and we were sleeping. One of my sisters woke up and said she had a nightmare about the King Kobra. The following year, I rode that ride twice in a row to make up for last year.

kINGS dOMINION - BETCHA YOU CAN'T DO IT ALL!!!

Make sure to visit Kings Dominion during our inaugural Spring Bloom Festival, April 5 through May 18. Also serving as the official kick-off of our 40th Celebration, this event transforms International Street into a kaleidoscope of vibrant colors with thousands of blooms. Taste our unique spring foods and beverages, enjoy toe-tapping entertainment and participate in our hands-on activities. Don’t miss it!

I'm excited to see how this goes and evolves over the next few seasons. I love that the park is doing things like this now!

1367160983_KD14-199SpringBloomWebBanner.jpg.842feedd8f0923811cff1d6f3cd12f0a.jpg

This is kind of off topic but on the KD website it doesn't show I305 as one of the included attractions for Fast-lane. And there wasn't Fast-lane Plus anywhere on the page. Does anyone know if I305 is still available with fast-lane?

Be patient for FastLane. The 2014 prices haven't been updated yet across the chain, so it's probably still the 2013 listings with Intimidator 305 being down for a good chunk of the season last year. Wouldn't be surprised if FastLane+ is reinstated now that there will be 2 attractions for it again.

A look back decades ago, old timers of Kings Dominion may remember the Floral Clock which was displayed down Central Walkway of the Eiffel Tower before entering Candy Apple Grove. This iconic scenery was removed at the end of the 1992 season and missed by many. It's making a grand return this season for the 40th Anniversary Celebration! Construction photo credit, by Kings Dominion which was taken last week.

1962693_374559246018166_104418160_n.jpg.ee62461170d0f8a03afa250e85e9cd8d.jpg

Kings Dominion has released their 2014 map! Some changes to look forward to this season that has not already been announced by the look of the map. Triple Spin has been renamed to Bad Apple, and Trials End Grill has been renamed to the original Hungry Hippo which was in operation from 1975-1996. 40th Anniversary, HERE WE COME! https://www.kingsdominion.com/plan-a-visit/park-map

1653595_10151909898276875_1469283153_n.jpg.d7444e5c9aefceb495b63d35165b9d37.jpg

I see what they did there. Made it look like one of the older maps back in the day. Yeah, I like the newerr versions of the maps, so I can't say that I like the map, but its cool with what they did.

Not quite, the are not completely the same but does not resemble the old maps at all especially from the 70's, 80's, and 90's.

890788545_1992Map(2).thumb.jpg.4f55a9b75d232cf69038729c402f9701.jpg

986916201_1999Map(2).thumb.jpg.052c322d394cb3baf84946aa4385348e.jpg

I was wondering when the new map style was coming. It was rumored to happen last year, but still had the old design for 2013. Supposedly this is coming across the chain too.

Also it's looking like the height requirements have been made more clearer and are being standardized in the chain and the food options being more clearer for gluten free and vegetarian. Also looks like the all-day meal deal will only work at a few locations.

Happy that the maps are becoming more accurate and are not over exaggerated like some of them have became.