TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I know that the anaconda repaint is going to be the same color scheme as before, which sucks. Hopefully they will add the old water spouts that shot out when the train went under water. As for volcano, I don't know how construction is coming, but they're just reconfiguring the queue line. Probably not too much going on...

^Fewer skunks and bears?

I wouldn't have minded seeing a bear while I was there. Maybe it would have kept our neighbors from being up all night partying...

My biggest issue with both KD and Carowinds campgrounds is that they charge a premium price for their sites without any premium features. We paid a big premium at the Cedar Point campground but what we got there for our premium price was: a paved, level, and well maintained site with cable TV as well as the same resort privileges as someone staying at one of the onsite hotels including early entry to the park. They also have a resort gate that is within easy walking distance of our camp site.

I'll pay more for a paved, level site with cable TV. I do understand that the resort gate/issue is something much bigger that won't be fixed anytime soon, if ever.

Because KD is my home park I've never been to their campgrounds. We pass them whenever we go to the park but we've never had a need to stay there since we're only 45 min away. See from my perspective, its great that they're doing that, since it benefits tourists, but for people that have the park locally, it doesn't effect us at all, so the way I see it, I would've personally preferred that they put more of their money into the actual park, instead of their campgrounds.

I know that the anaconda repaint is going to be the same color scheme as before, which sucks. Hopefully they will add the old water spouts that shot out when the train went under water.

Those effects were actually working this past year when we went.

Looks like Kings Dominion Finally posted the 2014 Calendar im very pleased with the schedule. Finally staying open till first weekend of November like they did years ago and I see the first ever Columbus day operating day,

I just saw that WOF is too! That's such exciting news! I'm so glad CF is doing this!

From Kings Dominion's facebook page:

Happy Friday! We'll help you end the week on a positive note: We are expecting NEW pictures of the Candy Apple Construction in a few days.

Stay tuned.... and make sure to tell your friends to LIKE us to be the FIRST to see these pictures next week!

I wonder when they are going to make any more announcements about what else is gonna happen as part of their 40th. They keep on saying they have more, so I wonder when they'll announce them. Surely they have more to announce, and it wouldn't surprise me if one of them is an announcement of tem bringing back an old ride. C'mon hurry up and announce it already!

No offense to Mr. Speigel, but when I first saw him in the video still, I had to a do a double take. My first thought was "Hey, what is Rob Ford doing at Kings Dominion & did he get arrested for punching Snoopy in the face or something?"
Maybe Mayor Ford got Canada's Wonderland mixed up with Kings Dominion because he was drunk. square.jpg.2c4f0d4692671a58a7d38c503885baef.jpg