TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

^Oh, I totally agree! Especially when you go to the other Ex-Paramount kids areas you realize that it's time for Dominion's to get some love. I was more implying that I don't think the typical coaster enthusiasts on this board should get too excited.

I personally love the idea!

It makes sense. Of all the Planet Snoopy makeovers, KD's was the weakest (thanks to I305 happening at the same time). They may as well go all out and modernize (and Snoopyize) the Kidsville area.

As Chuck stated, KD had to get rid of the rest of the Hanna-Barberra and Nicklelodeon theming due to Cedar Fair not renewing the licensing for those intellectual properties starting in 2010. With the investment of I305 that year, the park did the minimum to change ride signage and ride vehicle decorations. The only "new" thing that year was the Snoopy moon-bounce and a makeover of the kid's gift shop from Nicklelodeon stuff to Peanuts merchandise.

The whole kids area is way past overdue for a major overhaul and refurbishment. The Nicklelodeon addition was just the Space Surfer (Snoopy's Flying Ace) and the Rugrats Turnpike (Snoopy's Driving School). The last major redo of the kids area was in the mid-1980's.

Maybe they're planning on burying Neil Armstrong inside King's Dominion? Or better yet, cryogenically freezing him in a glass case for everyone to look at while waiting in line for Flight of Fear!

The world record for Most Tasteless Use of a Dead Astronaut's Corpse.

From KDFansite's Facebook Page:

488256_10151123523502272_540347214_n.jpg

Markers in Kidzville. Hope this answers you people's questions.

Yeah, things keep pointing more in the direction of a new kid attraction and/or makeover of the kids area. A long overdue project for the park. This is probably one of my more anticipated announcements for the year. I kinda feel like the family friendly additions of a lot of parks are dismissed or under appreciated by the coaster enthusiasts on the site.

From KDFansite's Facebook Page:

488256_10151123523502272_540347214_n.jpg

Markers in Kidzville. Hope this answers you people's questions.

Yea, we've been over that in this thread, although the last person saw charlie brown. That is literal moon topography, although it most likely will be planet snoopy regardless.

Being in Kidsville, seeing Snoopy's plump stomach on the moon, breaking records. A + B + C = Planet Snoopy

Being in Kidsville, seeing Snoopy's plump stomach on the moon, breaking records. A + B + C = Planet Snoopy

...and this is bad because?

Planet Snoopy is confirmed! Look at the photo!
The moon in that picture doesn't mean anything. It's just a picture of the actual moon.

What are the chances that a topographic image of Snoopy randomly appears on the moon. It's the same chance the Houston Astros have of making the playoffs this year!

Can I just say that I don't see snoopy anywhere on the moon.

I'm not very familiar with the moon's typography. So when it was mentioned that snoopy was on the moon, I was able to see it. I quickly highlighted what I saw. I know it is just the actual moon, but it is kind of funny that you can make out a shape that does resemble snoopy.

thumb_427236_10150965954041875_369070071_n.jpg.2c0a505ed448bb7b964940f1c120774c.jpg

Original

snoopy.jpg.27cf6cc9dcc0e82370c550111e57e8b1.jpg

What I saw, because I'm crazy.

I think seeing snoopy in the moon is reading a bit too much into it. Also the moon is not a planet... its a moon.

Thats a NASA photo of the real moon and look, same shapes.

I think they are announcing a new launch site for the US space program!

That or maybe the tallest S&S tower (do they have one)? That would be pretty cool.

Either way this screams 'launch' something or other.

Edited by SLUSHIE