TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

What should I expect from Windseeker? I'm terrified of heights and don't do drop towers of any kind, so does that mean I should stay off of Windseeker? I get scared looking off of a ten story balcony, so I think I would be genuinely terrified on that ride.

Windseeker is a good,thrilling ride & is even better at night with the lights on....my GF didn't like it though due to the height.

Just got back from KD for the first time in 8 years. What an amazing experience. I305 blew me away. First ride was in the back and it was great! After that we did the front and that was just insane...although I did have a "grey/black out" from the turn to the top of the hill. Still an amazing ride.

The rest of the park was fantastic and best of all it was dead! Everything was a walk on, including Volcano and I305. I was very impressed by Dominator and I had a lot of fun on Stunt coaster (Italian job). The water park was a blast as well. As you can tell I'm in a great mood because I had a great day. So glad I305 lived up to the hype for me! I can't wait to go back.

Has anyone ever been to "kings dominion golden years" facebook page? That place is awesome and full of retro photos all the way back to the beginning when it was being built! Definitely worth a look.......

Yeah...some of the photo's are being provided courtesy of the park's official FB page...I'd love to see more construction shots of the park such as OVA. & I-street,not to mention HB land.

KD's offical page is having what they've dubbed "throwback thursday" photo's....I'm amazed that they even have many of these shots still on file somewhere & are able to share them with us.

KD has given a little sneak peak on their Facebook page of one of the 2 new mazes for Halloween Haunt 2012. It appears to have a hotel theme and is located within one of the Action theaters. Someone stated on KD's face book page that Dorney Park had a similar maze in 2011. Should be an interesting Halloween season.

link-http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150914556991875&set=a.180141141874.131348.32237381874&type=1&relevant_count=1

It's Friday the 13th and we are kicking off our "Frightening Friday" posts. Halloween Haunt starts in only 76 days. Here's a look at one of our new Haunt attractions for 2012.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/kingsdominionva

Haunt2012MazeLayout.jpg.68d5607ba32d79c801830e215277681c.jpg

For those of you not too familiar with Kings Dominion, the maze will take up the left side of the Action Theater, go out of the theater down the exit hallway, and into the arcade in the building. There is still a path leading down that hallway and arcade room for those leaving the right side of the Action Theater, so I guess it is safe to assume that Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia 3D will still be in there for Haunt XII (unless they dig Elvira's Superstition back out).

I really like the "haunted hotel" theme for this location! The Action Theater is a large building (like a hotel) and located off of International Street which has a "travel" theme to it. I can't wait to find out the name of the maze!

This will be a whole new twist for Kings Dominion's Haunt XII, and I'm very excited for it!

"All You Fear is Here!"

I doubt Anaconda 's days are numbered. KD's upcoming offseason should be pretty uneventful but busy.

So far.... There's the unconfirmed/rumored Volcano Station renovation.

The beginning of the GCII Rehab of Rebel Yell (like the Thunder Road renovation)

and rumors from the Dippin' Dots guy is more fun for families in Planet Snoopy.

If they replaced anaconda with a launched coaster over the lake, that would be FANTASTIC.

I don't think that's going to happen. KD is already the park with the most launched coasters in the world. Having yet another one would be pointless...

One is over gravel, one is in the dark, one is inverted, and one WOULD be over a lake. All totally different experiences. I'm not saying its going to happen, I'm saying it would be cool.

I highly doubt that will happen anytime soon. What I want to see is for them to tear down Shockwave and put it a compact GCI coaster about the same size as American Thunder.

Also, exactly how much land does KD have available for expansion? Just curious.

One is over gravel, one is in the dark, one is inverted, and one WOULD be over a lake. All totally different experiences. I'm not saying its going to happen, I'm saying it would be cool.

I highly doubt that will happen anytime soon. What I want to see is for them to tear down Shockwave and put it a compact GCI coaster about the same size as American Thunder.

Also, exactly how much land does KD have available for expansion? Just curious.

They own enough land they could double the size of the park easy. But that's never gonna happen. The Animal Country Safari (ACS) has not been touch by the modern park other than the Intimidator/Flight of Fear site