TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I'm going to Kings Dominion this Saturday. With a chance of Isolated T-Storms and hot weather, how long can I expect the lines to be?

-Trevor Bondi-

The longest we waited for rides was on backlot,FOF & shockwave out of the rides ridden last saturday.

Seems like wave swinger has been added to fastlane & I'm like "wtf?" the ride never generates a line long enough to need it and is usually at most just a one cycle wait.

Kings Dominion has sent us a press release regarding their returning Kingsfest Christian music concert series.

Kings Dominion, the Mid-Atlantic’s premier amusement park, welcomes the return of Kingsfest, the hottest summer Christian music concert series, beginning today, Thursday, June 28th and continuing until Saturday, June 30th.

Kingsfest features some of the best in Contemporary Christian music including Needtobreathe, Casting Crowns, Skillet, Owl City, RED, TobyMac and more. In all, 24 bands will perform at Kingswood Amphitheater. Former Kingsfest performer KJ-52 will be emceeing the three-day long Kingsfest event. A full listing of all the acts scheduled for Kingsfest can be found at http://www.kingsdominion.com/events/things-to-do/special-events/Kingsfest-2012.

Tickets are still available for Kingsfest through www.ticketmaster.com. Discounted tickets are available for those individuals with Kings Dominion season passes. For groups of 15 people or more, please contact Kings Dominion directly at (804) 876-5561.

Media interested in covering Kingsfest at Kings Dominion should contact Gene Petriello at (804) 876-5153 or at gene.petriello@kingsdominion.com.

We plan on not riding shockwave, but We're going to ride FoF.

Shockwave's actually running fairly well this season,mind you it's got it's rough spots in the helix entrance & last turnaround but other than that it's not as bad as say anaconda.FOF really had a bad vibration when I rode it saturday & I kinda got a bit of whiplash in the flatspin but I think a large part of it had to do with riding near the back of the train.

If shockwave were to be removed in the future I wonder just what sort of small to medium sized steel ride could take it's place?No matter how much money theey're willing to invest in keeping it running eventually it will reach the end of it's useful service life so it kinda begs the question of what would a suitable replacement for that spot could or should be.

Seems like wave swinger has been added to fastlane & I'm like "wtf?" the ride never generates a line long enough to need it and is usually at most just a one cycle wait.

The more rides listed on the Fast Lane booth, the more they can convince people to buy it. It is as simple as that, and they are just adding Fast Lane to rides that it is easy to add (AKA just throwing up some Fast Lane signs).

I love Christian rock and will kill to see some of these bands in concert.

This may be the funniest thing posted on here in years.

This may be the funniest thing posted on here in years.

Must be a Christian Heavy Metal fan.

:roll: How about this: I love Christian rock and would love to see some of these bands in concert.

At least it may help to keep the crowds down somewhat in the park....then again the extreme heat we've been having lately would help as well since everyone would be in the waterpark during the day.

Crowds definitely should be managable with the only semi-long waits on Volcano, Flight of Fear, and whatever attractions they're running 1 train on. Your best bet would be to go on Tuesday-Thursday. Crowds shouldn't vary much between those and are kind of up to luck with how many buses of groups there are that particular day, which nobody can predict.

I was there 5 hours Wednesday and 10 hours thursday and crowds where not a issue except Volcano and FoF. Thursday was King's Fest and not even overly crowded from that event.

Was suprised to find a near full queue on FOF moved somewhat quickly & that was on a saturday when I went back on the 23rd.

When I got to KD yesterday, Dominator was stuck on the block brakes before the corkscrews..... (12pm) Also, Volcano, Drop Tower, and Windseeker were closed all day because of the storm on Friday night. The only thing I can think of in common between all of those rides is they use magnets...

What does windseeker use magnets for? The magnets on DT don't require electricity to function so I don't see why it'd be down.

High winds would affect rides like Drop Tower and Windseeker, too. As for Volcano, well, it is Volcano. (I like it, but it can be a bit temperamental.) Lightning strikes would be another possibility.

Edited by cfc