TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I understand the lower capacity on Volcano but is adding a third train even possible given how short the ride is? When they had one train loaded and ready to go the other train was already right behind it unloaded and waiting.

It is a great ride and I'm all for increasing the capacity but I have a hard time seeing how they will be able to do it. For them to redo the station might be a big undertaking given what little room they have to work with.

They've run three trains on Volcano before (just not for a few years, I think). One train can be held inside the mountain, one in the unloading area, and one in the loading area.

At least that's what I recall.

They've run three trains on Volcano before (just not for a few years, I think). One train can be held inside the mountain, one in the unloading area, and one in the loading area.

At least that's what I recall.

True.

One train is in load,the other train pulls in just behind for unload & the third is parked on the brake just prior to the turn leading into the unload area....my guess as to why the park hasn't been running all three trains lately could be a parts issue with train 3 possibly becoming a parts donor for trains 1 & 2.

Something rather odd happened on I305 today,we'd just gotten strapped in & waiting for dispatch when we were told to exit the train & switch sides,I asked the op about it & was told that it was a "balance issue" that led to the switch but I don't get how switching seats is gonna correct a weight imbalance due to a heavy rider & if that was the reason then why instruct all 32 passengers to switch sides when it was a problem in only one seat or car?

I usually ride by myself but have seen them unlock some people and have them switch up seating.

Seems odd to me to have the entire trainload have to switch sides though.

In other news it looks like the helicopter on Backlot is now working properly again & they opened the new hish striker game over by windseeker as well.

I heard that Volcano had a rollback today. I was with a friend at Busch Gardens, who received a text from a another friend of his saying that he'd been in a rollback and that it was pretty weird going backwards at about five miles per hour on Volcano.

I heard that Volcano had a rollback today. I was with a friend at Busch Gardens, who received a text from a another friend of his saying that he'd been in a rollback and that it was pretty weird going backwards at about five miles per hour on Volcano.

It's pretty fun, but it slows it down a lot at the base of the big incline and kind of creeps around the big turn and back toward the station. They've got these movable platforms to evacuate you in the tunnel and then you walk through Smurf Mountain.

You don't even want to know the kind of crazy stuff you see inside Smurf Mountain!

Speaking of smurfs did anyone notice that they're selling smurf plushies in the shops along I-street? Seems like after 30 years they're making a real comeback.

I wonder how long it's gonna be till the park gets tired of these rollbacks on volcano & decides to just replace the ride alltogether?

I wonder how long it's gonna be till the park gets tired of these rollbacks on volcano & decides to just replace the ride alltogether?

All launch rides rollback... Volcano is easily the most popular ride in the park. The park is going to keep it around as long as possible and might even re-configure the station soon due to its popularity.

We all know you hate the ride, want it to be removed, and want a B&M invert.

All launch rides rollback... Volcano is easily the most popular ride in the park. The park is going to keep it around as long as possible and might even re-configure the station soon due to its popularity.

We all know you hate the ride, want it to be removed, and want a B&M invert.

Yup. The thing draws the longest lines in the park (and still will with a reconfigured station, I can almost guarantee it). It's one-of-a-kind, and doesn't have excessive problems at all nowadays.

I'm assuming you expect Cedar Point and Great Adventure to get rid of their rides that are prone to rollbacks? What a waste of $25 million for a ride that rolls back on occasion.

You don't even want to know the kind of crazy stuff you see inside Smurf Mountain!

Speaking of smurfs did anyone notice that they're selling smurf plushies in the shops along I-street? Seems like after 30 years they're making a real comeback.

I still don't understand why you hate Volcano so much...

I may be heading to the park for a few hours later today or Wednesday. Let's hope for light(ish?) crowds.

I still don't understand why you hate Volcano so much...

I may be heading to the park for a few hours later today or Wednesday. Let's hope for light(ish?) crowds.

Yea thinking the same thing hope it is light crowds all day . I haven't been able to get up to the park for a month and having Roller Coaster withdrawals!!!!!!!!!

Actually it would be quite interesting to have a walk through during non business hours.......perhaps ECB could get lucky!

Perhaps . . .

Smurf Hell?